We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growing Anandenanthera as a dwarf tree? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 3/19/2010 6:47:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It’s always possible that the sale of cebil seeds will be clamped down on because they contain bufotenine. This is the one plant SWIM cannot live without. After being introduced to bufotenine from Jonathan Ott’s work, Anandenanthera colubrina has a special place in his life now. He wants to make sure he can have Anandenanthera colubrina seeds in the future, and the only way to ensure that is to grow them.

SWIM has seeds he saved just for this purpose. He has a backyard but there is not enough room for the tree unless it’s a dwarf.

Is it possible to grow Anandenanthera colubrina as a dwarf tree?

Could an Anandenanthera colubrina dwarf tree be grown indoors?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:05:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I feel the same way..i want to grow it even here in canada, even if that mean a huge pot indoors or greenhouse..

Bufotenine is an inseperable part of my ayahuasca ceremonies now..i cant imagine haveing to drink aya without that pipe of bufotenine ready for the peak..caapi, mimosa, vilca..its like my sacred triad..

I think it's going to serve the same purpose with the mushrooms as well..

Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 3/19/2010 9:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm trying to germinate some seeds at the moment.

I've place them in a damp tissue in a sealable bag in a warm place, but to be honest I have no idea how effective that is.

So I'm skipping ahead here in terms of what I can do, but would it be possible to kind of bansai them with the correct root trimming? Is that how it works?

ThirdEyeVision
#4 Posted : 3/19/2010 10:11:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently tried to germinate 8 seeds.
4 in sand.
2 in sterile soil
2 in moist papertowel.

All were soaked in hot water overnight. All are in a small heated Jiffy greenhouse. Out of the 8 only one sprouted and it's been 10 days. I'm going to plant in a pot for a year since I'm moving soon. But long term I doubt it would do well rootbound in a pot.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

fourthripley
#5 Posted : 3/19/2010 10:46:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Go to spiritgarden.co.uk and search posts by Pappa on the subject; he managed to sucessfully raise a small tree indoors and rooted cuttings from it. Don't think he ever got to flowering though.
The Roman nettle supposedly contains bufo, although in what concentration I don't know.
mistakes were made

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:31:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Roman nettle (Urtica pilulifera) does contain bufotenine as you said. A quick search yielded NO QUANTITY data for it though. It’s apparently got bufotenine in the leaves, and the leaves are used for making tea.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#7 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:48:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ive germinted the seeds a few times..they always rotted though after a few days..

Im trying again though..
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Roman nettle (Urtica pilulifera) does contain bufotenine as you said. A quick search yielded NO QUANTITY data for it though. It’s apparently got bufotenine in the leaves, and the leaves are used for making tea.

I found the citation for this to be Regula (1972), although I can't seem to find that article. It would be extremely interesting if it is enough bufotenine to allow extraction, as the nettles can be grown easy next to everywhere.

I found seeds for Urtica pilulifera on B&T, so I will grow these and test myself. Will keep you posted in a few months!

soulfood
#9 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:58:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

fourthripley wrote:
Go to spiritgarden.co.uk and search posts by Pappa on the subject; he managed to sucessfully raise a small tree indoors and rooted cuttings from it. Don't think he ever got to flowering though.
The Roman nettle supposedly contains bufo, although in what concentration I don't know.

Cheers for that. This chap has some encouraging words Smile

69ron
#10 Posted : 3/21/2010 9:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bonsai…this is an option that will probably work well. It does require some effort on the part of the grower. Proper technique needs to used to produce a decent bonsai tree. They will flower if things are done right. They should produce seeds.

I’ve never used the bonsai techniques before, but they seem relatively simple. Basically you prune the branches, leaves, and roots periodically, and you confine the tree to a small pot. Of course I’m over simplifying it. You need to know when and how much to prune, or you’ll kill the tree.

Has anyone ever tried making an Anadenanthera bonsai tree before?

Could an Anadenanthera bonsai tree survive indoors?

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 3/23/2010 2:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry I can't contribute to your question 69ron. I did, however, found where bufotenine in Roman Nettle is mentioned:

Regula, I. (1972) Kromatografska identifikacija alkoloide bufotenina uliutoj koprivi (Urtica pilulifera L.) Acta bot. Croat 31: 109–112 C.A. 74, 95464 in Hegnauer, R. (1973) Chemotaxonomie der pflanzen Band 6., p. 635.

(Source: Medicinal and Aromatic Plants - Stinging Nettle - Urtica)

Anyone speaking Croatian here that can find this article? Or perhaps the Hegnauer book in German and take a look at it? I am really interested in this. I have ordered the seeds and will cultivate them. Nettles grow so damn easy, so if they contain even a small amount of bufotenine, it is a possible source.

Ginkgo
#12 Posted : 3/24/2010 6:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, I found the publisher of the article, and a copy of it is on it's way in the mail to me. I really hope the paper gives any hints on what amount of bufotenine can be found in U. pilulifera! I will appreciate it if anyone can help me with Croatian translation.

Tropical
#13 Posted : 6/2/2010 8:17:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

seeds dont last long, once the inner parts dry seed seems to be dead, usually wont grow. THe oldest seed i have got to sprout was 11 months.

if your in hawaii or florida or something i think you could to outside. though i am not sure of there cold tolerances, peregrina according to torsten is less cold tolerant.

they will do -ok- in big pots outside if you must. and they cna be hacked down when tey get too large.

indoors i find for more than a year they dont do very good at all unless you have decent light.

edit: also because of their value as a wood tree in some areas i dont think their seeds will become hard to find....you can get them from the government in brazil, and maybe others as well.

g13juggalo
#14 Posted : 9/29/2010 8:03:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got the only seed I ever planted to germinate without any trouble simply leaving it in a small pot and watering it, didn't try anything else.

It sprouted a little green thing, but it died a few days later. I think the problem was that I didn't put the seed far enough down, so the water slowly washed the dirt away, and shortly after it sprouted only the seed was in the soil, so it couldn't absorb water.

Edit: I think the problems you guys are having with germinating the seeds is that you're get ones meant to be taken rather than grown. Get some fresher seeds

SKA
#15 Posted : 12/12/2010 1:54:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Appearantly Anadenanthera Peregrina (Yopo) trees are native to Western south america and the Caribbean.

If one was to grow a dwarf A.Peregrina tree indoors in a cold, north-american or -european climate I guess one should
build a greenhouse and recreate the south-american/caribbean climate in it. Quite high temperatures, high humidity...
For some strange reason the ideal growing conditions for A. Peregrina were not mentioned in the Wikipedia article.

Tropical
#16 Posted : 12/30/2010 3:41:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They are VERY easy trees to grow...totally easy and are used sometimes to reclaim land much like desmanthus can be stateside. the only real issues are getting seeds that are not dead (old), and then see rot can be an issue like many other species, like papaya. powder fungicide is a good choice. or plant in straight sand. I like using tissues like cannabis seeds to get them to germ then plant them in a sandy mix.

Once they are growing, they are easy as pie...as easy as desmanthus, if not easier. Their only issue is cold tolerance.