We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mushrooms in your daily diet Options

Entropymancer
#21 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:06:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

If they're so well-studied, perhaps you could point me to a handful of peer reviewed studies that actually found them to be effective to a statistically significant degree? Last I checked, there didn't seem to be any such evidence available.

I don't doubt that homeopathic can be effective, but I believe its due to the demeanor and bedside manner of the practitioners, not the water that they give the patient.

And call me crazy, but I think a few bucks is ridiculously expensive for a medicine-sized bottle of water.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#22 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:08:50 PM

I know nothing about this topic
but I do know that everything in this world carries a resonance through space time.

Yesterday I received a package from another state which my girlfriend placed by my head in bed while I slept.
I had tons of vivid dreams from this state during this period.
See what I mean?

Who knows...

jamie
#23 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:16:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

personally im skeptical of homeopathy as well..due to all of the obvious reasons..I couldnt afford to pay for water..

House I understand the point you are making..but to be fair..you had the actauly substance of whatever it was in that package..homeopathy is diluting in water until there is no active principle left and you only have water..

I guess you never know for sure though..it makes me think of Rupert sheldrake and his theories on morphic fields and imprints..
Long live the unwoke.

The Wizard
#24 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

entropy im not saying there have been any peer reviewed studies that have found anything..but im saying people can still STUDY them...and many many people do...i understand your skepticism..but that doesnt change the fact that thousands and thousands of people use them with positive results....otherwise....HOW is it still around if nobody thinks they work?

i mean for the longest time...people thought bufotenine was a toxin...many people still do...is it?? not from the experiences we have had with it

and really telling me over and over again that it doesnt work isnt going to stop me from practicing it..or talking to other people about it..i know it has no scientific backing..but half of the things on this forum have no scientific backing..but instead of saying it doesnt work it doesnt work...why not instead of looking for peer reviewed articles..you actually give it a try and decide how you feel about it on your own instead of listening to somebody else?

DMTripper
#25 Posted : 3/21/2010 11:10:40 PM

John Murdoch IV

burnt wrote:
If you believe homeopathy works your an idiot and not worth communicating with.

Its called the placebo effect.

*censored*

Not allowed to criticize people here for calling others idiots!

And btw I don't use homeopathy because I think it's crap but if it works for someone then that's just great!
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

TheNtt
#26 Posted : 3/22/2010 1:47:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this debate seems to be derailing the thread...

codfert,
I hope you choose to experiment with this idea Smile. I love the state of mind mushrooms leave me once I reach a certain part of the journey. I wish I could stay there forever...

elofer
#27 Posted : 3/22/2010 2:02:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, you know it IS REAAALLLY sad that even after the spice experience some people still cling to oppinions like it was thier binky or something...I though I had something actually possitive to add to this thread...but I guess i'll just go eat worms now since some guy I will most likely never meet says im not worthy of communicating with due to his opinion of my EXPERIENCE...NOT faith

but please yeah this was a toic that interested me quite a lot...no work for a few days so I think i might just put together some inefective ammounts of some very powerful fungi.....JUST....FOR...THE...HECK...OF....IT!!
dream free nexus, the fungi world awaits in the space between between

970Codfert
#28 Posted : 3/22/2010 2:56:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

elofer, thank you for sharing what you did. That combination consists of some very interesting different mushrooms. I researched the Reishi. It is a strain of ganoderma, which is one of Nature's seriously AWESOME creations. To my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, it is an adaptogen. I've heard miraculous stories about ganoderma. My first impression is that reishi and psilocybin are perfect for each other in terms of a supplement.

I don't know anything about homeopathy, and it is irrelevant because I'm planning on consuming much more than what a homeopathic dose is.

SOOoooOOO... does anyone know anything in particular about ganoderma, or reishi, that would be of interest here? You have Ganoderma, which basically brings your body to complete homeostasis (as long as a responsible diet, etc.. is maintained), and you have Psilocybin, which potentially enhances your senses... could there be some sort of synergy? or would it just be a 5 star combo based on their individual effects?
All posts are fictional.

PsilocybeChild
#29 Posted : 3/22/2010 4:14:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a nice combination elofer. And a worthy experiment. excited to hear some results Razz
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

elofer
#30 Posted : 3/23/2010 5:11:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

now positive is so much nicer...hehehe..thanks guys!
yup 970 I think you are right that reishi is a adaptogen, but regardless of medical terminology of its uses I have found this fungus...and many many others...lot's of gandoderma species to be increadible health giving fungi! I remember the first time I took a strong cup of reishi tea...I actually felt euphoric from it!!

I pick the wild oregon reishi mushrooms alot (gandoderma oregenese and gandoderma tsugae) as well as the artist's conk (gabdoderma applanatum), turkey tail mushrooms (trametes versicolor) and 'santa flowers" (amanita muscaria) I combine these with red clover blossoms, swamp-mint, licorice root, dandelion root, burdock root....into a wonderfull tea that I have shared with many, and everyone got a very possitive feeling from it. most of the ingredients are wild crafted..with intent...this can become some very powerfull medicine indeed!

I have been giving a love of mine this tea for she has tumors in her body and migraine headaches, she has had positive effects overall from this tea, one of the more pronounced was her doing some very intense dream work....a few days after starting to take this combo she had 3 consecutive nights of dreams related to psychological traumas that were draining her health, in her dreams she was able to work through these things (by seeing them) and her level of energy has increased in a big way!

also about 5 years ago I started a co-worker with cancer on this and she now collects all the ingredients herself and drinks it 3 times a day religiously!!! and will speak about it enthusiasticly if ever anyone was to ask about it...this is the greatest gift anyone can give to me...and I love them both dearly for it.....and the mushrooms!!

I LOVE MUSHROOMS!!!!! (all of them!)

elofer
#31 Posted : 3/23/2010 5:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest to anyone who feels the same about fungi try a combo of these wonderfull medicinals with thier psilocybes some time...I can almost guarantee you to be "BEMUSHROOMED!" and in awe at their wonderfull combined effects..they trully are one of natures greatest gifts of heath and healing in general that there is...in my opinion...I am slightly biased due to my adoration of the kingdom fungi

burnt
#32 Posted : 3/23/2010 8:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
burnt wrote:
If you believe homeopathy works your an idiot and not worth communicating with.

Its called the placebo effect.

What's your problem you arrogant prick?

My problem is that its a fact that homoepathy is the placebo effect. Its been proven. My problem is that I work in the field of discovering drugs from natural sources and I see all the time people who call themselves "herbalists" or "naturapathic doctors" or whatever the fuck else dumb degree they can make up. These people are total frauds (or idiots) selling homeopathic medicine and pretending like its more then placebo. Money that could be going into real studies about chemicals or plants that have medicinal properties are being wasted on bullshit clinical tests about homeopathy (just look at the NCCAM website they fund this bullshit). Its an insult to people who work in my field. Its a disgrace and its a fraud and no one should support such a blatantly fraudulent industry.

Quote:

You said two post earlier you were going to stay out of this discussion and recently you even made a whole thread about you leaving the forum. Can you please stick with your statements!

I do what I want. Twisted Evil

This guy explains it clearly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

antichode
#33 Posted : 3/23/2010 9:11:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The problem with homeopathy to a large extent is that it aligns it self with certain remedies that do work.... Arnica is a good example, something that is widely known to to cause vasodilation of subcutaneous blood capillaries. This gives way to the thinking of, 'well if that works, then this must too'

However, saying that homeopathic remedies i.e. water/alcohol is effective beyond placebo is like saying the earth is flat. Its not up for debate, these are very real things that can be measured and tested, the outcomes of which are now blindingly clear.

Homeopathy is one of the worst plagues of modern society, fundamentally because it spreads misinformation. I feel there is nothing worse than using ignorance to profit, its right up there with psychics and evangelical profiteering.

edit.... I feel that anyone should be able to live by whatever means they choose, and I would never judge an individual for having an opposing view to myself.... However, on spreading that individual belief and especially on profiting from anothers lack of knowledge I am very much opposed. It is detrimental to society as a whole.

970Codfert
#34 Posted : 3/23/2010 10:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elofer, You're blessed to live somewhere you can go hunt these specimens down. I'd like to have a special tea that I've crafted myself sometime soon. Maybe tea would be the way to go with the psilocybin supplement. What I'm interested in here is feeling awesome physically and mental... to the max. Not to say I don't already feel awesome on a daily basis. I keep to a good diet, mostly vegan. But I'd like to maximize the benefit I get from my daily diet... thank you for tea idea.

Could you maybe share some of the methods you use when you make your super awesome tea? Do you dry the ganoderma? What about the other herbs?

How much of each herb/mushroom do you use?
All posts are fictional.

elofer
#35 Posted : 3/24/2010 8:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok guys lets please please drop the hate regarding homeopathy...it was a passing comment on my part.just a though..NOTHING SERIOUS ENOUGH TO START AN ARGUMENT ABOUT!!..and far diverged from the topic at hand...which is" MUSHROOMS IN YOUR DAILY LIFE" its definetly a worthy converstion but some of the energies directed towards this are just plain yuk! please stop..we are discussing mushrooms..not homeopathys pros or cons..start another thread if you feel so pasionate about it!thank you

970covert...I pretty much just harvest th fungus whenever they are available, dry them in a air-dehydrator...grind them pretty fine in a coffee grinder or blender..and mix thm with my other herbs..I never measure precisly when I do this..the mix is mostly the fungi though..and of those its mostly the gandodermas...ok though lets say i was going to guess at ammounts I would make a recipe as follows:::
3 oz. reishi
1-2 oz. artists conk, oregon reishi/turkey tail mushroom combo
mabey 1 ounce good quality well cleaned(of sand or dirt) amanita muscaria
2oz. of red clover blossoms
1oz. peppermint or whatever kind of mint you like( I use a wonderfully aromatic mint I find in the swamp!)
1/2-1 oz. liccorice root
1/2-1oz. dandelion root
1/2 oz. burdock root
1oz. ginger root..ground or finley chopped
1/2 oz. astragalus root
1/2-1 oz. stinging nettles leaves

something like this...with whatever other herbs you like to add...If I have some good ginseng I would definetly add it to this blend..its pretty earthy..but dosn't taste bad at all too me..or most of the people I have shared it with either

burnt
#36 Posted : 3/24/2010 9:08:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

ok guys lets please please drop the hate regarding homeopathy...it was a passing comment on my part.just a though..NOTHING SERIOUS ENOUGH TO START AN ARGUMENT ABOUT!!..and far diverged from the topic at hand...which is" MUSHROOMS IN YOUR DAILY LIFE" its definetly a worthy converstion but some of the energies directed towards this are just plain yuk! please stop..we are discussing mushrooms..not homeopathys pros or cons..start another thread if you feel so pasionate about it!thank you

Deal such a discussion belongs in another thread.

Anyway I think your work with mushrooms is interesting and don't want to disrupt that discussion.

Cheers sorry if I get outta control about things like homeopathy they really irritate me and I have this terrible need to say something about things like that.

elofer
#37 Posted : 3/25/2010 9:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no worries burnt..we all feel passionate about some things and feel the need to express that at times..your understanding is much appreciated man!

burnt
#38 Posted : 3/25/2010 10:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if I was a dick head. I can do that sometimes but honestly I mean well Smile Either way fungi kick ass all kinds except the ones that infect us.

elofer
#39 Posted : 3/26/2010 5:34:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

seriously BURNT..no worries at all...I've learned to not take offense as a way of life..the fact that you recognise what your recognising says alot to me about yourself...personaly I feel proud for anyone who has the guts to admit thier own shortcomings and mistakes..no matter how small they are..so right on man!! thank you for you!

Yeah..fungus have been a big influence in my life in this aspect..they have a silly/serrious way of teaching those who would actually take the time to listen and learn from a being that is generally reviled by people...underfoot so to speak... to me thier shape-relation to the release of huge amounts of energy quickly (mushroom cloud, storms, volcanic erruptions) speaks of the hidden potential in the little spaces they occupy...tiny little silk bundles of POWER!! It is no small thing to change the mind of humans..no small thing at all! and yet these little fruits do so on such a scale and to such effect...glorious they are!!
on a fall day in the pacific northwest coast the energy becomes so high from thier presence it changes people who are even a bit more sensitive than 'normal' even without ingesting them..I find it hard to be anywhere else during that time,,it is a trully wonderous thing to experience..too me they are worthy of my "worship" and all kindness..so much they give for so little asked..I am really in love!! hehehhe

PREV12