We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mushrooms in your daily diet Options

970Codfert
#1 Posted : 3/19/2010 6:21:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings friends! the thought crossed my mind recently :idea: of including a small supplement of psilocybin mushrooms into my daily diet, and see if I notice any changes in my sensory perception, mood, well-being etc.. I recalled Terence Mckenna making a reference to a Harvard (I think it was Harvard) study, in which a sample of about 30 students all scored higher on a visual acuity test after a month of including psilocybin in their daily diets.

I'm not suggesting I'll turn into superman, but I am really curious what a few years of consistently taking a supplement of psilocybin would do. Perhaps for some, it could hold some potential for healing. Maybe it would increase the awareness one might have of his body and surroundings.

What do you think?
Have any of you done this?
Has this idea been discussed here?
Input would be awesome regarding dosage, if anyone has an idea. I was thinking maybe .5 grams or less. I don't want to have such a tolerance that I can't have psychedelic experiences.

My first specimens will be done soon Razz Very excited!!

Codfert
All posts are fictional.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Elpo
#2 Posted : 3/19/2010 6:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a very interesting experiment.
The dosage will be very important, you might wanna change it accordingly.

I actually think this would be a very useful experiment to do on a certain number of volunteers, comparing them with volunteers who are given placebos.

Keep us updated.

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

elphologist1
#3 Posted : 3/20/2010 4:09:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I have read of some migraine and cluster headache suffers who swear that an occasional (once or twice a year) moderate mushroom dose prevents them from getting the headaches. But have never heard of someone using them daily in small doses. But who knows - maybe that dosing regime would work for them too. Not sure what the effects would be (good or bad) on ordinary individuals without the headaches. But would be interested in hearing your personal experiences if you try it.

elphologist

970Codfert
#4 Posted : 3/20/2010 6:52:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm hoping it will help with my rampant ADHD. I'm suspecting that I will never grow out of it.
All posts are fictional.

tryptographer
#5 Posted : 3/20/2010 9:06:44 PM

tryptamine photographer

Very interesting idea! Tolerance will probably not develop with these small dosages.

Besides psiloc(yb)in there might be other substances present, who knows they have healing powers other than psychedelic. Many mushrooms have.

burnt
#6 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:30:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM is suspect that tolerance will quickly develop to the psychedelic effects even at low doses. Even the mild ones. But let us know the results of experiment SWIM is curious and thought about this before but never tried.

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:56:23 AM

John Murdoch IV

Actually I've thought about this also. But a long time ago and I didn't do anything about it and then forgot until now.
I have around 80gr. of dried Lib cap so I might try this out for a month or two. But I think my dose would be around 2-300mg. Just powder them and put in capsules.

Just to see what happens Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Oncewas
#8 Posted : 3/21/2010 1:25:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Your going to love itStop

elofer
#9 Posted : 3/21/2010 5:04:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would propose a tripple fungi tea for everyday use, all of which i feel WORK WELL WITH eachother, could be made in any combination of other herbs for taste or health...like using red clover blossoms..which is an old cure for cancer when taken EVERY DAY ..like as a replacement for water..an old herbalist by the name of jethro kloss said he personally cured his mailman of cancer with nothing else!

ok so here is the combo:

psilocybes( I think azureescens would be best by far for this experiment)
reishi/ling chi
and amanita muscaria
all small ammounts...mabey even something like a homeopathic ammount, but not quite that small.

I might just give this a try soon..yeah, sounds like a very worthy experiment for sure!!

burnt
#10 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
..mabey even something like a homeopathic ammount
= nothing/waste of time.

Quote:

I would propose a tripple fungi tea for everyday use, all of which i feel potentiate eachother, could be made in any combination of other herbs for taste or health...like using red clover blossoms..which is an old cure for cancer when taken EVERY DAY ..like as a replacement for water..an old herbalist by the name of jethro kloss said he personally cured his mailman of cancer with nothing else!

Claiming that such a combination of herbs and fungi can cure cancer is highly irresponsible of this so called 'herbalist'. Anyone's cancer can spontaneously go into remission and the vast majority of herbalists don't do clinical trials and have no way of proving whether or not their herbal remedy was responsible for any effects. They also don't do mechanistic/molecular studies.

Why would they "potentiate" each other? What compounds are interacting? People make lots of claims about potentiation but back it up with very little or no evidence.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 3/21/2010 1:44:03 PM

John Murdoch IV

burnt wrote:
Quote:
..mabey even something like a homeopathic ammount
= nothing/waste of time.

Quote:

I would propose a tripple fungi tea for everyday use, all of which i feel potentiate eachother, could be made in any combination of other herbs for taste or health...like using red clover blossoms..which is an old cure for cancer when taken EVERY DAY ..like as a replacement for water..an old herbalist by the name of jethro kloss said he personally cured his mailman of cancer with nothing else!

Claiming that such a combination of herbs and fungi can cure cancer is highly irresponsible of this so called 'herbalist'. Anyone's cancer can spontaneously go into remission and the vast majority of herbalists don't do clinical trials and have no way of proving whether or not their herbal remedy was responsible for any effects. They also don't do mechanistic/molecular studies.

Why would they "potentiate" each other? What compounds are interacting? People make lots of claims about potentiation but back it up with very little or no evidence.

Sometimes things just work and no one knows why. Not even the most advanced science.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

burnt
#12 Posted : 3/21/2010 2:07:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Or they don't work and people think they work. They then convince other people that they do work and detract resources from promising research to well lets call it poor research.

I'm going to stay out of the rest of this discussion. Although I am curious to see what others observe from daily mushroom intake.

elofer
#13 Posted : 3/21/2010 3:05:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awww man , now my whole day is ruined because i posted something irresponsible.......now I'm over it.
yes thank you dmtriper, there is a great deal of everything that science hasn't explained yet, and yup, some things really do work in those ammounts, I have personaly found homeopathics to be very effective (though not on everything)
and mr burnt...no worries about semantics mmkay...I have used all these fungi as medicine for many years, and from my experience, they do work with eachother (potentiate) the same could be said for the water thats used to extract the tea...seriously! hehehhe

MUSHROOMS ARE GLORY!!!! and health health healthy nummy goodness for your mind and all the rest of ya too

hey mabey your right burnt, mabey ol' jethro was just trying to spoof the world into drinking clover tea, laughing wickedly in his dark appothecary in the wee hours of the night, on a wendsday, under the full moon, with a cow.......anythings possible

burnt
#14 Posted : 3/21/2010 3:12:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you believe homeopathy works your an idiot and not worth communicating with.

Its called the placebo effect.

Ginkgo
#15 Posted : 3/21/2010 3:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would not call the effects from combining Amanita and Psilocybe as potentiating, rather it is an interesting interaction. The effects from neither Amanita nor Psilocybe are potentiated, but they create a new and different effect. There is a lot of things that science has not understood yet, especially when it comes to pharmacology, and especially when it comes to drug interactions.

jamie
#16 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:15:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

burnt wrote:

Not very nice..thats almost kind of mean..come on people were not kids..we can still get along and communicate despite our varrying beliefs. What is the point of calling people names?..all it does it make you look to reactionary.
Long live the unwoke.

The Wizard
#17 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

burnt wrote:

Its called the placebo effect.

yes burnt..no matter your beliefs calling people idiots is not ok..please refrain from doing that on the forum please

i have also used homeopathics for most of my life..and i could care less if you say they are bunk..because i know they work for me..so wtfever

Entropymancer
#18 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:46:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Are you guys familiar with the principles of homeopathy? A central tenet is that the more dilute a "medicine" is, the more effective it is. Many homeopathic solutions are so dilute there isn't a single molecule of the "active ingredient" in a bottle of the remedy... it's literally 100% water!

It's my personal opinion that a person has to be.pretty gullible to pay for medicine that's 100% water. You can get that out of the tap. For the most part, buying homeopathic remedies is paying a tremendous markup for a placebo.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:51:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
or 100% alcohol. That also happens. Alcohol is known to have some effects in larger amounts.
Maybe in some cases it can give a little boost to the placebo-effectLaughing

The Wizard
#20 Posted : 3/21/2010 4:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

i am a homeopathic practitioner and i am familiar with how it works...but when i was just a wee infant my mother used them on me for many illnesses...one of which was croup..i could not breathe..she gave me Spongia i believe..and within an hour my croup was gone...i had a neighbor whos child had to go stay in the hospital for 4 days in an oxygen tent because it was so bad....now an INFANT does not know what a placebo is or even if its taken any medicine....the thing with homeopathics is that you can make them yourself VERY easily and cheaply..i dont understand why people think that its expensive or a rip of at all...most remedies that you buy are only a few dollars...

it just makes me wonder though..how come SOO many people use them if they dont work? how come many doctors in europe study them? i know a few doctors in the US that have studied them as well and use them...seems strange that so many people would use them and study them if it didnt work at all

12NEXT