We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The acoustics of leisure aka WeakSauce TEK Options

Shpongle
#1 Posted : 3/18/2010 9:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The BLAB should be performed when you have an ((excess (amount of let's face it root. )) ideal situation.

In as much as group experience, the proximity could not have been more perfect. And yet we still had to dry the DMT so we used a paper towel. Then the breakthrough happened, and we each agreed, there was a slight difference in 'acceleration'.
This week on house, house is a doctor, and not a Gothic structure. Mad

Fun FUn FUN
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:24:54 PM

WTF?

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

edit: nevermind.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:30:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's interesting because the jungle component has been found to be only dmt, nothing more. Still nice you and your friends enjoyed it's properties.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 3/18/2010 7:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

???
D × V × F > R

narmz
#6 Posted : 3/18/2010 11:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Big Inhale
#7 Posted : 3/19/2010 1:43:59 AM

The Enlightend One

why is this posted under teks? More noobs junking up the forums with garbage. Just a bunch of nonsensical crap.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Shpongle
#8 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:43:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

are you kidding me? I got so much garbled crap about how to make better and greater. So for all of the comments. Exceptions can be made as well, for example I especially took notice to the WTF comments and what not. But let me reiterate....
If you have have OLD mimosa...use the simplest teks because we got some really good shit out of it, but I'm not sure if working with complicated TEKs would amount to a pay-off. And I had some old mimosa which turned out to work well with the Lazyman's TEK.

but yeah that's all the love I got left for you.
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

۩
#9 Posted : 3/19/2010 5:08:14 AM

well, that makes a little more sense than your first post! :]

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 3/19/2010 5:40:08 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yep - jungle has been proven to be nothing more than spice - why is it so so different - why does it ripen ?
anyone who has smoked pure clear shards - then jungle can vouch for them being almost 2 different substances alltogether.
i guess its another case of - "the difference between practice and theory is more in practice than it is in theory" - until better tests can be done.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 3/19/2010 2:26:18 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Phlux- wrote:
yep - jungle has been proven to be nothing more than spice - why is it so so different - why does it ripen ?
anyone who has smoked pure clear shards - then jungle can vouch for them being almost 2 different substances alltogether.
i guess its another case of - "the difference between practice and theory is more in practice than it is in theory" - until better tests can be done.

well yea, but obliguhl's post ignored the fact that burnt showed jungle to be mostly dmt. There is still yuramemine and that other beta-carboline type alkaloid in there, i think. So, these other things, despite their small % composition could reasonably be assumed to affect the qulaities of the experience.

Shpongle, the first post was a garbled mess, for you to expect people to read into it and tease it apart to parse out your meanings is a little ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. Glad you had success with your extraction from old bark.

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 3/19/2010 3:33:04 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

well yea, but obliguhl's post ignored the fact that burnt showed jungle to be mostly dmt. There is still yuramemine and that other beta-carboline type alkaloid in there, i think. So, these other things, despite their small % composition could reasonably be assumed to affect the qulaities of the experience.

No no yuremamine present in the final product (it is deemed to quickly decompose during A/B or STB steps), as for the beta carboline yes, this could make the difference.

It is like comparing beer with cider (of the same %ABV). Yes, the active principle is ethanol in both of them but the effects are different.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Shpongle, the first post was a garbled mess, for you to expect people to read into it and tease it apart to parse out your meanings is a little ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. Glad you had success with your extraction from old bark.

Ah, nothing beats good old nonsensical posts. It gives the rest a balance frm too much rational thinking. I propose we make another subsection called the Nuttery, where we can move and propagate posts like this.

anyone up for this?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

amor_fati
#13 Posted : 3/19/2010 3:35:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I still don't get the point, but perhaps I'm not meant to.

SnozzleBerry wrote:

He also theorized that yuramemine, though inactive, may degrade into either spice or beta-carboline over time. One thing that's stuck out to SWIM about burnt's research is how impacting even the smallest amount of impurities in a vaporized product makes all the difference. SWIM's full-range jurema is definitely different from his heptane crystallized spice, so perhaps heat application hastens the degradation of yuramimine? SWIM also wonders whether anything special happens to the yuramimine with the application of friction, as in with manual crystallization, that normally wouldn't happen during evaporation.

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 3/19/2010 3:50:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Huh, Amor, I hadn't given any thought as to the effects of manual re-x on the composition of the final product. That's kind of interesting to think about. Do you think it could have significant effects? I never thought about friction, just that it was exposing more moisture to the air and thus drying better.

Infundibulum wrote:

Ah, nothing beats good old nonsensical posts. It gives the rest a balance frm too much rational thinking. I propose we make another subsection called the Nuttery, where we can move and propagate posts like this.

anyone up for this?

Hahahaha, hell yes, I totally (and not entirely jokingly either) second the creation of the Nexus Nuttery...give everyone a spot on the forum where they can propagate the nuttiness that shows up in the forum sporadically and the chat fairly frequently. Rational thought can be quite dangerous and this would provide some yin to that yang.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

soulfood
#15 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:02:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

Did anyone ever look into this:

Spiceman wrote:
Hmm... way back years ago this swim was the original founder of the (as phlux has coined it the "earwax" alkaloid present in MHRb) . It is CRUCIAL that this material is not confused with the red jungle spice that is pulled via tolulene and or xylene. This material has only been pulled (to the best of my knowledge) by the use of Di-ethyl Ether and Heptane in combo. (swim has never tried them singularly.)

During the first few days after pulling this substance it carries only a heavy body load with NO mental effects whatsoever. However upon aging for several weeks it becomes a powerful mind blowing tryptamine, VERY VERY diffrent in nature to spice or the red jungle spice pulled by xyl or tol.

Swim has been carrying this banner for years trying to draw the line and show that this is a very distinct and different material. He discovered this by using an original tek involving ph extremes and a binary solvent system of Di-ethyl ether and heptane 8-1. This material has never recieved the attention that it so blatently deserves.

Those who explore , would really love to try this. However the nay-sayers out there are always ready to say that "it's mostly dmt, with maybe traces of a beta carboline or something of this nature" . THIS IS NOT TRUE. This material has successfully been extracted by swim dozens of times ... and every time it was completely (within reason and trace amounts) washed free of DMT - Via its insolubility in naptha.

Swim would love to have a sample of this stuff checked out... but doesn't expect to find out what it exactly is for years to come. Its very possible that this material could be partially synthetic , being formed by one of the already present beta carbolines or whatever picking up a group of something during the extraction.. and upon aging ... it could possibly be shedding a group or even picking up another . Perhaps it does pick up something during extraction .. which forms a non-psychoactive substance, and perhaps it sheds it in a diffrent way to form something new, or perhaps the group it picked up acts as a bridge, allowing other molecules present in the air to grab onto it over time.

This is all just speculation ofcourse, but the fact remains this stuff is in there. Swim just saw this as another chance to champion the sacred substance which he has NEVER been able to convince anyone else to give a try pulling. It would def be worth pulling for some real tests. Fuck its worth pulling to smoke ! Somebody , please, someday give this a try and spread the word. I'm tired of fighting this fight alone. YOu will not be dissapointed!

Look at the pics of the first successful pull of this stuff. These pics were taken 27 days after the original pull* (10 + washes with HOT naptha to remove all traces of DMT), at which time they were fully psychadelic, maintained a constant weight and color. Beautiful crystal formations can be seen if you can get this pic in good resolution. Pay no attention to the file name, this was a long time ago when there wasn't any info out there on this subject.

http://i148.photobucket....ineoryuremamine003-1.jpg

Peace!

Whenever I see terms like "oxidized" "old" "jungle" in the same space it leads me back to thinking about this. I'm just pissed off I can't get heptane Sad

amor_fati
#16 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:04:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
No no yuremamine present in the final product (it is deemed to quickly decompose during A/B or STB steps), as for the beta carboline yes, this could make the difference.

It seems that SWIM neglected the summary of burnt's work, and what you say is the case. However, SWIM wonders at the results of limonene extraction, since burnt only compared methanol extracted spice to toluene extracted spice. SWIM also wonders whether the methods of acidification and basification make a difference.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Huh, Amor, I hadn't given any thought as to the effects of manual re-x on the composition of the final product. That's kind of interesting to think about. Do you think it could have significant effects? I never thought about friction, just that it was exposing more moisture to the air and thus drying better.

Ha! SWIM really has no idea, and it's just pure conjecture. He would like to find out, however. One thing that does seem to happen is that it doesn't seem to degrade (oxidize) the way more crystalline spice does. SWIM would like to take heptane crystallized spice and rextal manually to see the difference in color and effects.

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 3/19/2010 4:47:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

amor_fati wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

It seems that SWIM neglected the summary of burnt's work, and what you say is the case. However, SWIM wonders at the results of limonene extraction, since burnt only compared methanol extracted spice to toluene extracted spice. SWIM also wonders whether the methods of acidification and basification make a difference.

It could make a difference. Each extraction strategy has its own drawbacks, STB has too high pH which can destroy some compounds. A/B has loads of heat and water which also can destroy compounds.

Methanol is fine for being a "dry" (water can hydrolyse compounds) but it is slower and not as effective compared to water (at least for the salts of alkaloids). Ideally one could do a methanol extraction at room temperature, dry, then dissolve in some water and pull with DCM at a pH of ~9. This is no heat, no much water exposure and not high pH exposure. in addition, beta-carbolines in freebase form are much better soluble in DCM compared to limonene, xylene, toluene.

But burnt went for a simpler approach since we already know that toluene-pulled jungle spice from STB is still jungle spice, so let's investigate what's the deal with it.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!