We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions from a Salvia Neophite Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 3/18/2010 12:41:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have minimal experience with Salvia. A few smoking sessions of dried leaf. I found certain healing benefits to the plant, but the whole twisting of my body into a roll of taffy, along with the occasional states of negative inward focus and uncomfortable disassociation lead me astray. I would like to start working with her again however, and I have a couple of questions for those that are more knowledgeable.

1.) For the folks that quid or chew Salvia, can this be done with dried leaf and / or leaf extracts, or does it have to be fresh leaf? I'm actually more interested in this traditional use method than in smoking it. If it requires fresh leaf, where can you find fresh leaf?

2.) I stumbled across "Salvia Nermorosa Var. May Nights - Flower Spikes". Anyone have any experience with this alternate variation of the sage? I'm curious about the usage & the effects of this variety.

Any help is very graciously appreciated!

Peace and thanks!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 3/18/2010 2:20:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Quote:
1.) For the folks that quid or chew Salvia, can this be done with dried leaf and / or leaf extracts, or does it have to be fresh leaf? I'm actually more interested in this traditional use method than in smoking it. If it requires fresh leaf, where can you find fresh leaf?

Dried leaf works just as well as fresh. Soak it in water first. Also, dried leaves weigh about 1/8th that of fresh, so keep that in mind when dosing.
From what I’ve read (haven’t tried), quidding extracts doesn’t work, at least not very well.
If you want fresh leaves, grow them! Live salvia divinorum plants are available from a variety of online vendors. It’s relatively easy to grow (if you’ve grown plants before).

Quote:
2.) I stumbled across "Salvia Nermorosa Var. May Nights - Flower Spikes". Anyone have any experience with this alternate variation of the sage? I'm curious about the usage & the effects of this variety.

The only plant known to contain salvinorin A is Salvia Divinorum. Other salvias/sages do not contain salvinorin A.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

rOm
#3 Posted : 3/18/2010 10:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience you don't get much if not nothing from quidding extract (I tried half gram twenty times which I put many mg of pure salvinorin dissolve in devil's water) nor salvinorin alpha.
So stick to dry ones if you don't have freshly grown leaves, or try tincture (dried leaves extracted), I had some really deep breakthrough with tinctures from time to time ... Beautiful energy it is the quid/sublingual path, nothing to do with smoking which is more of a rocket launch.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Elpo
#4 Posted : 3/19/2010 7:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking at Erowid they advise to chew between 10-50 grams of fresh leaf or 2-10g of dried leaf.
I don't know which one tastes better, or less yukky.
I have tried chewing them twice but couldn't keep it going for long enough to actually feel anything...

Good luck

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 3/19/2010 9:17:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. All good info! Now I'm trying to remember where I put my remaining sage... I set it aside for later use, and now it's not where I thought it was. Errr... Why I didn't just put it in my sacred box I don't know, but if I can track it down I think I have just enough to try an initial couple - few grams quid dose.

Where oh where could she be? Please send your "find the lost lady" energy my way and I will find her!

Thanks for all the help!

BTW - The "Salvia Nermorosa" var. is being sold by KT. The description seems to indicate that it does have some value for psychoactive study, but as usual, it's all pretty vague for legal reasons.

I'll send an update soon, but if anyone can add more information to this post, I absolutely welcome and appreciate it!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

DimethylSpice
#6 Posted : 3/30/2010 6:44:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope you find your sage man.

I to am quite interested in the quidding method and plan on trying it in the near future.

Good luck.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

DimethylSpice
#7 Posted : 4/3/2010 4:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so, i should have 50G's of dried Oaxaca Salvia Divinorum leaf ariving at my door on monday...

I plan on experimenting with a few quid doses as well as some salvia tea.

What do you guys think about drinking a cup of salvia tea using about 5G's leaf and then quidding like 5G's??

Im thinking this might induce quite a nice experience..
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people think quidding is great. I’m not one of them.

I’ve quidded fresh leaves, and at first, the taste wasn’t too bad. But the longer I kept them in my mouth the more bitter and nasty it got. Just writing about it makes me want to gag. And the effects were so mild that I felt like it wasn’t worth it.

Salvinorin A is absorbed through the oral mucosa, so a tea might be somewhat effective if you sip it slowly, swish it around in your mouth, etc.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

RealAwareness
#9 Posted : 4/3/2010 6:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
I only have minimal experience with Salvia. A few smoking sessions of dried leaf. I found certain healing benefits to the plant, but the whole twisting of my body into a roll of taffy, along with the occasional states of negative inward focus and uncomfortable disassociation lead me astray.

Lol. Consider yourself fortunate, idt, that you have only minimal experience with this plant Smile I do NOT like Salvia. I know that other people get benefits from it, and I suppose I did to, but my first and last breakthrough experience with Lady Salvia was quite literally and physically painful. I have posted an account of that experience, so won't repeat it here; suffice it to say that a powerful experience on Salvia is NOTHING like a breakthrough on Tryptamines or Phenyls. Other people may have a different viewpoint, and that is fine, if others derive enjoyment or insight from her, great. For me, however, I am quite through with her. Treat her with the utmost respect though, just as you would with DMT. She's not to be approached lightly.
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness

DimethylSpice
#10 Posted : 4/3/2010 9:36:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Salvinorin A is absorbed through the oral mucosa, so a tea might be somewhat effective if you sip it slowly, swish it around in your mouth, etc.

Yea im thinking it will be nice.

I shall report back with results.

Spatial Dementia
#11 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, another question from another Salvia neophite (figured I'd post it here rather than open a new topic about it).

Have never done Salvia, have quite some experience with shrooms and acid. Bought myself 1 gram of 20x Salvia. How much do I want to smoke? I've a scale so an exact measurement would be most useful. Thx

gibran2
#12 Posted : 5/28/2010 2:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A strong dose of Salvinorin A is about 1mg. Plain leaves typically contain about 2mg/g, so 20X would contain about 40mg/g. A strong dose would then be 1/40g extract, or 25mg.

I make my own 20X and find that 18-20mg is sufficient.

Spatial Dementia
#13 Posted : 5/28/2010 2:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That doesn't seem like much (in quantity I mean, I trust the dose will be strong enough). Do you smoke it alone or with something else (tobacco, ganja)?

I'm guessing a torch lighter will work best?

gibran2
#14 Posted : 5/28/2010 4:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It isn’t much. Salvinorin A is the most potent naturally occurring psychoactive drug known. It can have strong effects in the microgram range (200-300μg). Volume-wise, a dose of 20X is about the same size as a dose of DMT.

I smoke it alone – don’t add any other herbs, tobacco, etc. You may not experience strong effects your first several times. Salvia has a “reverse tolerance” effect, meaning that the same amounts will produce stronger effects with repeated dosing.

So keep your dose low, and only very gradually increase it.

I introduced salvia to a friend and he had no effects at all the first time he tried it. So his second time (when I wasn’t there) he more than doubled his dose, had a really awful traumatic experience, and vowed to never use salvia again.

Be safe!