We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
nicotine and ibogaine Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 3/17/2010 6:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does ibogaine cure nicotine addiction(or at least the crave)like it does for that of heroine and alchol?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 3/17/2010 6:53:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it should have some effect. While the current research shows no proof of decreasing nicotine cravings, it seems that ibogaine inhibits the rewarding effects by inhibiting the dopamine release by nicotine. It is also some evidence that ibogaine inhibits the nicotinic receptors.

۩
#3 Posted : 3/17/2010 8:11:22 PM

Caapi's also really good for this kind of reset.

greymatter
#4 Posted : 3/18/2010 6:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx...i have high hopes that i could help me

#5 Posted : 3/18/2010 11:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

please keep me posted, greymatter - I think I'm in the same boat as you. Have been trying to quit smoking, finding it hard. Have been looking into Iboga, but might be a sledgehammer ... tried a changahuasca last night - made 5g caapi leaf tea cooked for abotu 2-3 hours very slowly. Drank that, then half an horu later had a bowl of changa. Very intense. I'm still smoking, but I think this will ultimately help. Will try another session sometime soon. However, I got the message that it's something I have to choose, though ... no silver bullet.

please let me know how you get on with this - it's a big issue for me as well.

"at journey's end, we must begin again"

GratefulDad
#6 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:34:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did iboga back on march 2nd to kick opiates and I was successful. After that dose, I took about 200 mgs once a week for 3 weeks, then I stopped. I took another 3-400 mgs of alks last week, and about 2-3 days later I ran out of smokes, and haven't bought any since. I think it's about 6 days now. No cravings, and I am starting to feel better already.

I quit for 3 years after my first iboga experience, too, as well as sweets, sodas, methadone, all my first time. Now again I have kicked pain meds, and cigs, and I have no other vices, besides a little too much fast food sometimes, but that is not hard to control because I much prefer a home cooked meal.. I am planning on doing another large dose for spiritual purposes and to really get to know iboga better..