We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
naptha separation anxiety Options

jbark
#41 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:03:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You fixed it! Looks good - pretty yellow compared to mine. From what I read I wasn't expecting it to be white after the precip - nor was I expecting crystals right off the bat. If no one else responds, I guess I'll go ahead and re-x juat to be safe.
cheers,
JBA
PS - what was your yield from that and what was the starting mass of MHRB?
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#42 Posted : 3/26/2010 9:20:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM hasn't finished the extraction yet, but she's at about 1.1g measured out from 150g MHRB. 50g of the bark came from a previous extraction that went poorly, so she doesn't think it's a good standard.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jbark
#43 Posted : 3/26/2010 10:26:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the latest; I don't know how much is there because my scale isn't sensitive enough, but it's certainly more than I thought! Now to purify...
cheers,
JBA

ps - QuestionsVery happyoes one purify/re-x strictly for health reasons or does it actually improve and clean the experience itself?
jbark attached the following image(s):
DSC_0011.jpg (1,435kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
DSC_0012.jpg (1,024kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
DSC_0010.jpg (1,662kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
DSC_0008.JPG (2,402kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

jbark
#44 Posted : 3/27/2010 12:23:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What would be the downside to smoking the spice below without purifying?
thanks,
JBArk

jbark
#45 Posted : 3/28/2010 12:29:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone out there recommend another, cheaper solvent? Coleman's costs 18$ for 3.8 l (1 us gallon). After 1 extraction including defatting 3x (133g of mhrb) i am down to 1 l...
Thanks,
JBA

Entropymancer
#46 Posted : 3/28/2010 4:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

jbark wrote:
What would be the downside to smoking the spice below without purifying?
thanks,
JBArk

That depends... do you consider smoking random toxic anti-rust chemicals to be a downside?

Instead of naphtha, have you considered the foodsafe d-limo teks?

jbark
#47 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only if they're random! Thanks for the quick answer; i couldn't wait so i went ahead and smoked a little - wow!! Vermillion shards and orange jigsaw hunks hurtling toward me, cartoon faces filling the centre of my line of sight, a tingling in body i otherwise felt no more and, finally, buzzing in and out like some out of range broadcast, a B&W image as if from an old talkie: a woman waist down in a sparking argentine skirt walking what i mistook as a poodle on a leash until it stood up on its hind legs elongated into furry tubes and advanced, transformed into some sort of small biped! The broadcast flitted in and out, alternating with the barrage of multicoloured pieces until it subsided and there was nothing but the near darkness of my joined lids... (full reports of my first four journeys to follow in the appropriate forum). I am no stranger to tryptamines (or salvia for that matter), but that was the first real vision i haveever had, as brief as it was.
To return to this thread: i will definitely purify then, entropymaster. Do you have a limonene or non toxic tech to recommend? I was going to switch over anyway, but i have all this lye and muriatic acid kicking around now, so i though i would use tjem up before going "safe". Are the yields the same with limonene etc? How about time? This last extracyion took close to a month and will add another week minimum to purify... Not complaining -the wait is well worth it, even though i have yet to break through, but it would be nice to cut down the labour - i have busy career, too many hobbies/interests and a 14 month old little boy to boot!!
Thanks
JBA

ragabr
#48 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ecstatic to hear you had a good transition! SWIM has the same issue with toxic supplies still hanging out, going to try d-limo after (q21q21's probably) they run out. From what I understand, d-limo pulls better than naptha and you don't have to worry about purifying since you crash the crystals out and then convert to freebase.

A week doesn't seem like much to avoid any long-term issues.

Be cool, be well!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

jbark
#49 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:49:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Always appreciate your comments & advice ragabr. I am at my chalet right now, so I am going to "launch" one more time with the "filthy" spice before i head back to town to purify. Unfortuately i have to eyeball quantities... ( for now)
cheers
JBArk

A-Psily-Cuben
#50 Posted : 6/3/2010 10:04:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am eager to see the results of your further purification/re-xing. SWIMS currently in a similiar problem and would like to hear from you the results of this. Have you smoked with any adverse effects?

PREV123