We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extraction Results-Goo? Options

WalkingSpirit
#1 Posted : 3/17/2010 1:10:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

First off, new here and 1st-timer at DMT extraction. I want to thank all in advance before I go off into a tiny rant. I'm also very excited yet worried.

Okay so if you're not familiar with it, I used Erowid's Extraction Guide. I followed it for the most part exactly. Where I cut corners:

I had 12 mason jars so instead of using 1 group of 3 jars and going back and forth, I used 3 groups.

Seeing as how I wasn't using the same jar, I didn't bother to put extractions back in Jar B and I only waited 24 hrs for each extraction. I figured the only reason the 2nd & 3rd extractions took longer was due to coming into contact with the left-over.

The solutions however looked fine and I continued. I got to the basifaction process. It was very hard to read the pH level and I was a little worried. I had to use Phenol Red Dye if any of you know what I'm talking about, I couldn't get my hands on some pH strips. Phenol Red Dye is very hard to get an accurate reading but during both testings, I got the correct reading (yellow for the acid, reddish for the base)

It got pitch dark when I left it on the stove with warm naptha and seemed to be reacting. After doing steps 7 & 9 from Erowid's guide twice (skipping additional lye though some people seem to do so), I put all of the solution collected into a glass baking pan.

Day 1 passes, seems some of the solution has evaporated. I figure putting a lamp over it will help. It significantly does help I would say.
Day 2, there is nothing in the jar except what looks like goo and crystals. I looked at some lab notes in the Erowid guide and one guy said he scraped up the crystals and as they grouped, they became like a caramelized goo. I currently have this. Here's a picture for reference.

Now here's my question(s): Is the goo a bad sign? I never heard of freeze/precipitation until today when it comes to DMT, should I have done that? What should I do with the goo (it's currently smeared on an index card, under said lamp)?

Most importantly, is it salvageable? :S

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:26:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

to be honest i didnt like the color of this goo my friend. i had 2 questions:

1- from how much mhrb did you yield it ? (even tho the pic is not so clean it looks like very little amount)
2-When evaporating did you make sure that dust didnt go inside your jar ? because it seems to me like dust went inside your solvent or goo afterwards

KSrainMkEr
#3 Posted : 3/22/2010 1:43:48 AM
ben

i think it just looks dirty, try recrystalizing it