We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Strain (Identification?) Options

newdimensions
#1 Posted : 3/13/2010 6:55:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I recently acquired my first Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, which were labeled as the Hawaiian Strain. However, from what I've read, the Hawaiian ones tend to have a fuzzy coating, while these were very smooth. Does this mean they are definitely a different strain, such as Ghana?

I took one, and I'm pretty sure I felt some effects at first (though I know I am susceptible to placebo effect, and that has heightened since I've begun meditating - I can often get into a meditative, trippy state of mind just by willing it!) Fourty five minutes after ingesting, though, I was feeling pretty baseline, if maybe a little bit "zoned out." I went ahead and took a second, and now I can't tell if I'm really feeling the seeds, or just at baseline with a little twinge of placebo.

What do y'all think? Are these seeds Hawaiian or Ghana? Could I have been feeling the effects of the seed, or was it "all in my head?" Razz More importantly, for those who have felt something off one or two HBWR seeds, was it clear that it was an effect of the seeds? Or was it subtle? Because at the moment, I could have gotten where I am just by meditating, or even taking a good nap Razz

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 3/13/2010 7:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, the Hawaiian strain always has a fuzzy coating. The Ghana and India strains don't have this coating. What vendor did you order from? If they are really sold as Hawaiian, you should demand your money back.

newdimensions
#3 Posted : 3/15/2010 8:14:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I sure had an interesting day Razz

I ended up taking a total of four of these non-Hawaiian "Hawaiian Baby Woodrose" seeds Razz I walked around for a while, started rereading a book I hadn't read in years, and was feeling really good. I decided to walk to a tea place nearby, just to read and relax. Unfortunately, I ran into some friends there, and got stuck hanging out with them for a few hours O_O

I actually managed to handle myself pretty well - usually I can hide if I'm on something, but it won't be very comfortable for me. I was still fairly out of it, but I passed it off as being overtired, and my friends never suspected anything. But I was pretty restless, and it wasn't very fun. A couple of times I went to the bathroom to let loose for a minute or two, and I see that these seeds totally have potential. At one point I looked in the mirror and my face looked pretty normal (all my friends' faces had as well) but when I tried to grin, it turned into this huge cartoony grin that shouldn't have been able to fit on my face! It was pretty cool Very happy

Eventually, I made it through the day, managed to excuse myself, and went home. For a while I was stressing out because I was sure that my friends had realized I was on something and I would be completely embarrassed. Then I put together everything that happened and I realized that logically they had given no indication that anything was wrong, and everything I talked about they responed perfectly normally. Then I started stressing over the fact that I couldn't stop stressing, even with logical evidence there was nothing to worry about. I started wondering if I had "broken" myself. It took a while before I realized that it was all because I was on a relatively long-acting substance throughout the day, and that it would all be over by the next day. I made some tea, watched a bunch of House Very happy and finally fell asleep.

By the next morning, I was totally back to my old self. I've seen my friends since, and they definitely were unaware of anything weird going on. This was my first "bad" trip that I wished I could end early, even if it wasn't as terrible as stories I've heard, but I made it through unscathed and have made a resolution never again to take a substance that lasts this long when there's a chance I'll have to be around people who don't know I'm on it. In other words, these substances will from now on be reserved for totally alone time, or (preferably) with friends who are with me from the start.

The funny thing is the book I was reading at the beginning of the trip. I hadn't read it in years and I forgot that a particular event occurred, since I didn't know much about it at the time. But if I had read just two more pages before going to the tea place, I would have read the narrator state, "Regardless, I decided to never take LSD again." Razz

69ron
#4 Posted : 3/15/2010 8:18:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you post a link to a picture that looks like the seeds you had?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

newdimensions
#5 Posted : 3/15/2010 8:20:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

These are probably the closest in appearance:

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/15/2010 9:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A picture is worth a 1000 words. That looks like the Hawaiian strain or a very close relative of it. That's not the Ghana strain, which lack the furry coating. But the color looks like the Ghana strain. The color in the photo might be off.

The Hawaiian strain looks like this (pic from eCrater):

The Ghana strain looks like this (pic from eCrater):

The color in those pics is very accurate.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

newdimensions
#7 Posted : 3/15/2010 9:57:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Strange... Mine definitely look more like your second photo (the photo I posted was one I found online, since I don't have a way to connect my cell phone camera to the computer at the moment.) They don't have that coating at all.

I'd be curious, dosage-wise, which they sound more like? I was feeling very slight effects from one, and four was starting to give me visual distortions and making me feel rather sedated, but I was able to function somewhat okay.

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the color was like the second photo, then it cannot be the normal Hawaiian strain. It’s darker. It can't be the Ghana strain if you felt it with as little as 1 seed. So I'm at a loss as to which one it is. Maybe someone else knows?

newdimensions
#9 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:32:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ooh, here's the picture from the vendor's ebay listing:

As you can see, they are quite light in color, and they definitely had no coating. Maybe they're some crazy new cross-breed Razz

Observant
#10 Posted : 3/15/2010 10:52:38 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Or maybe they have been washed Pleased

What is this fur anyway ? Might it be some kind of Fungus that grows on the Seed Capsules but not into the seed ?
Or dried white plant juices ?

Infected Morning glory pods also have a white coating if dried .
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

newdimensions
#11 Posted : 3/16/2010 2:05:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It looks like a hull to me - part of the seed. It's interesting that they look so different and come from such different places yet contain some of the same alkaloids (albeit in greatly varying amounts).

69ron
#12 Posted : 3/16/2010 2:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it's a hull. The Hawaiian strain has it, the Ghana doesn't. Even with the hull removed, they look very different. The Hawaiian one is sort of grayish brown, almost dirty looking even when clean, and the Ghana one is bright tan and clean looking. SWIM has both of them at the moment. The Ghana is almost worthless, the Hawaiian is very strong.

newdimensions
#13 Posted : 3/16/2010 3:01:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm. Are you sure no effects are felt with one seed of Ghana/Indica strains? Because I do tend to be more sensitive to many (most?) psychoactive substances than other people seem to be...

69ron
#14 Posted : 3/16/2010 4:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing you could call trippy. You might feel a very slight stimulation from 1 of the Ghana variety. For SWIM 1 of the Hawaiian seeds is enough to feel slightly trippy. They are at least 10 times stronger than the Ghana ones. But it varies a lot.

newdimensions
#15 Posted : 3/16/2010 4:40:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There were some definite visual disturbances with four of the visibly Ghana seeds. Do you think four Ghanas could do that?

69ron
#16 Posted : 3/16/2010 7:51:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No. The Ghana strain is very weak in SWIM's experience. But maybe some he hasn't tried are stronger than what he's experienced. He hasn't tried every Ghana variety there is. Maybe some are decent.

In SWIM's experience, 10 Ghana seeds only produced stimulation, and no psychedelic effects at all. He cannot feel the effects of 1 seed. He gets clear but light psychedelic effects from 1 Hawaiian seed and a full trip from 3-4 seeds.

Some people have ingested up to 100 Ghana seeds and felt NOTHING. But maybe there are some Ghana seeds that are potent.

The seeds from Ghana are SUPER CHEAP. They are often sold as the Hawaiian strain to make a quick profit. This is commonplace, especially on eBay. So watch out for that.

The seeds from Ghana are genetically different, do nut have a hull, and are smoother, lighter in color, and taste very different. They have a green nutty taste that's actually kind of good. The ones from Hawaii taste strong, sort of bitter, unpleasant. They don't taste anything like the Ghana ones.

newdimensions
#17 Posted : 3/16/2010 6:55:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hahahaha! Your description of Ghana seeds matches mine perfectly - the visual appearance, the cheap price (bought on Ebay), the nice flavor. Everything exept the fact that I was definitely tripping off of four. This guy on Ebay might be sitting on a batch of the some of the best HBWR seeds ever! Razz

Edit: Oh yeah, and almost no stomach discomfort. I was just fine until I decided to try to sip some tea, and then I got the lightest, smallest, most controllable burps. Barely unpleasant at all.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/16/2010 7:08:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Newdimensions, maybe it's the Ghana strain, but grown in Hawaii? Hawaiian soil is extremely rich soil and one reason the Hawaiian strain is so good compared to the others. Many things grown in Hawaii are stronger. For example, Hawaiian chacruna is the strongest you can get, Hawaiian coffee is also super strong.

newdimensions
#19 Posted : 3/16/2010 7:23:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That could be. If you or anyone would like to try them out for yourself, you can buy some on ebay. I just saw the guy sells both Ghana and Hawaiian strains on his store:

http://myworld.ebay.com/theiblocllc/

The Hawaiian is $4 for 10 Hawaiian strain seeds or $7 for 20. Not bad, I believe, and I can tell you I think they're great quality.

Observant
#20 Posted : 3/18/2010 3:14:41 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

12NEXT