We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
O-Acetylpsilocin (4-acetoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 3/12/2010 6:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just found a link to this on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-Acetylpsilocin

"O-Acetylpsilocin, 4-acetoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or 4-AcO-DMT is a psychedelic drug. It is the acetylated form of the psychedelic mushroom alkaloid psilocin, and is a lower homologue of 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-MiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT. It may also be considered an analogue of psilocin"

Do anyone have any experience with this?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infinite I
#2 Posted : 3/12/2010 6:35:03 PM

JC

Aye its great stuff, swims only tried it three times, tonight being the fourth. Very similiar to mushrooms, swims tolerance is up with psychs atm and he hasnt had a really strong experience with it, but his friend did, who had no tolerance. Swim is going out to see a DJ tonight so will just be taking a little amount, in the next few weeks he plans to up the dose!

benzyme
#3 Posted : 3/12/2010 10:30:49 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Infinite I wrote:
Very similiar to mushrooms

probably because once it becomes deacetylated then protonated in vivo , it's metabolized to psilocin
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

gammagore
#4 Posted : 3/12/2010 11:34:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've searched and can't find anything about the legal status of this RC.

Anyone have any info about the legal status of this?

yayscience
#5 Posted : 3/12/2010 11:40:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So this could be made with the strategic use of vinegar during a mushroom extraction?

#6 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To answers some questions, it is illegal under the analogue act... I don't know how people got the idea that the analogue act only targeted isomers. It's just psilocin with one function group changed. Even if you got lucky and didn't get hit with the analogue act chances are you'll still get busted because it rapidly degrades back to psilocin. I also don't think plain acetic acid would be good enough as an acetylation agent but don't quote me on that. If it was the process would be a slow one and probably fairly impractical. Thats all I got for you guys.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:36:18 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

goldenbloo wrote:
So this could be made with the strategic use of vinegar during a mushroom extraction?

no, that would be acetates in solution.
to add an acetyl, the hydroxyl group would need to be deprotonated. acetic acid protonates.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 3/13/2010 3:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just eat some mushrooms, I would say... The major part of the activity of O-Acetylpsilocin comes from psilocin nonetheless.

imPsimon
#9 Posted : 3/13/2010 2:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about duration? it's said to last some 2-3 hours longer then usual.

...I want my mushroom trips to last a little longer.

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 3/13/2010 5:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is said to last one (not 2-3) hour longer than psilocin yes, a consequence of the time it takes for the body to deacetylate the substance into psilocin.

mogascreeta
#11 Posted : 3/27/2010 3:28:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

any ideas on a O-acetylpsilocin dose that would be equivalent of 7 grams high quality dried cubes?
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

polytrip
#12 Posted : 3/27/2010 3:37:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It's supposed to have roughly the same level of effectiveness than psilocin at the same dose. I don't know the amount of psilocin present in 7 grams of cubes, but you can look it up because there are all kinds of charts floating around on the net, showing the content of various types of shroom. Just google something like 'psilocin content of mushrooms' or simmilar word combinations and you'l find something.

RealAwareness
#13 Posted : 3/28/2010 8:01:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen a couple of RC suppliers stating they carry this, one in China, the other in the US, but I am leery of ordering from an unknown source. It would be a convenient way to take a shroom trip without the shrooms, but how do you determine if an RC supplier is legit, a scam, or an FBI front? Other than sending them your money and getting either ripped off or busted, of course. My thoughts were that this would be covered by the analogue act as well, tripping is never worth getting busted over or put on some list, and besides, SWIM would really rather just learn to grow his own. I don't exactly run in RC circles, and this stuff couldn't possibly be better than what nature herself so abundantly provides.

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness

mattritt
#14 Posted : 9/11/2010 2:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's awesome, such a smoother trip. Alot cleaner anxiety free comeup too. This was with a 10 mg dose, my first time but will report back with future experiments. Definitely something to have in the collection, very powerful tool.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

dragon-n
#15 Posted : 9/18/2010 4:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if it just degrades into psilocin, than why is it different than psilocin???
just cos it's similar doesn't mean it's the same.
and anyways, beyond theoretical assumptions, how can we prove it's degraded into psilocin??
looks like i'm being "that guy....." right now. Very happy

newdimensions
#16 Posted : 9/18/2010 7:24:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dragon-n wrote:
and anyways, beyond theoretical assumptions, how can we prove it's degraded into psilocin??
It's possible that it is psychoactive in it's own right prior to being degraded (and are we even sure it's 100% degraded into psilocin? I don't know of any bioassays, so...)

dragon-n
#17 Posted : 9/18/2010 7:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

someone mentioned on another site that it is active immediately with injection so doesn't that make it psychoactive in it's own right??
can it be changed into psilocin in the blood immediately before crossing the blood-brain barrier?

Infundibulum
#18 Posted : 9/18/2010 1:39:56 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

newdimensions wrote:
dragon-n wrote:
It's possible that it is psychoactive in it's own right prior to being degraded (and are we even sure it's 100% degraded into psilocin? I don't know of any bioassays, so...)

Few clarifications here:

Acetylpsilocin as well as psilocin easily crosses the blood brain barrier (at least as freebases), whereas psilocybin does not. We do not know for the moment whether it is acetylpsilocin that hits the receptors or whether it is deacetylated to psilocin. Might be both though, thus accounting for some difference in experience.

If you want to see whether it is deacetylated or not in vivo, you label the molecule (usually some radioactive carbon molecule) and administer it to humans. Then take blood and/or urine samples after say 2, 3, 4, etch hours and see how it is being metabolised. If you find a radioactivelly labelled indole compounds (that is to say either the drug as it was administered or the drug as it was metabolised by the body) in the blood/urine sample with acetylation on the 4th position it is good prove that it is not acetylated. If you find radioactivelly labelled indole compounds then it is deacetylated. It is not a difficult type of study.

The bad thing is that as far as I know, there have been no official pharmacological or pharmacokinetical studies on acetylpsilocin. Not even comparison between mushrooms or even pure compounds like psilocybin. My understanding for the moment is that even though there is a potential for genuinely different effects, there is also a component of self suggestion. Sort of a "pure, clean substance = pure, clean experience"

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Bancopuma
#19 Posted : 9/18/2010 4:10:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to sampling some of this and making my own comparisons. Cool

dragon-n
#20 Posted : 9/18/2010 5:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum, that's the most balanced, well-thought-out reply i've ever heard on the subject! Smile
people are always throwin' around statements like they know but, as usual on these subjects, we're just repeating what we've read elsewhere.
this is a sure-fire way to start the very myths that surround these substances for decades sometimes!
the only thing we have to go on now is experience, and it peaks my interest that this molecule seems to have it's own "signature," quite unique from the psilo mushies or even pure psilocin:
someone wrote on bluelight, "I've tried both 4-AcO-DMT and synthetic 4-ho-DMT and the latter is more manic, stimulating, and chaotic."
it's true that studies are needed, but with more than a few people reacting like the above quote, it seems safe to say that something is happening here beyond a blatant copy of psilocin.