We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
seperation of 5meo and N,N Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 3/8/2010 6:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if one does an extraction on phalaris grass, one should get a mix of N,N and 5meo(right?)...having this mixture, how would one seperate the two?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/8/2010 8:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sublimation..

Id just take the mix of the 2 together..i dont mind them in a mix really..i have smoked chaliponga extractions many times and i like it..add some harmalas and make changa and its really nice..

My phalaris extract is almost finishedVery happy ..oh and there is bufotenine and harmalas in the grass as well.
Long live the unwoke.

yayscience
#3 Posted : 3/8/2010 8:56:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I've been wondering this too. Fractal, speaking of phalaris (my friend's arundinacea and brachystachys just sprouted, soon the aquatica will too!), how do you suggest dealing with the DMT/5-MeO-DMT mixture, since we wouldn't know the mixture there?

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/8/2010 9:02:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

uhhhaha..start very low?

THe first time i ever extracted from grass(wild arundinacea), I got impure goo stuff, smoked a littel ball of it and it was very much like a 5meo rush and took me by surprise..so be careful.

Other than that I cant give advice here..I just decided to look at the grass again so hopefully i will have more say after i finish this extraction..

Dont expect anything like mimosa though..expect something different..when talking about full spectrum that is..i think the grasses lean towards meo a bit with some aspects of nn thrown in as well..prob colored with some bufo as well..
Long live the unwoke.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 3/9/2010 3:51:01 PM

The Great Namah

This is the reason many don't extract from grasses. Most people want DMT not 5-meo-dmt...and it doesn't take much 5-meo to completely overpower the effects of DMT. I am pretty sure you will have a nice mix of 5-meo and dmt, but you won't be able to feel much of the DMT.

I'm still not 100% convinced that chali has much, if any 5-meo in it. In my samples from a very highly reputable vendor we all know and love for his Aya products I did a small scale extraction on some chali. It was very unpure, a simple hot alcohol extraction. The experience from the smoke did not remind me at all of a vaporized 5-meo-dmt experience. This does not mean that other chali grown elsewhere, under diffferent conditions, harvested at a different time of the year, maybe even from a different part of the plant, does have some 5-meo in it...but I have yet to experience it.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 3/9/2010 5:18:53 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

acolon_5 wrote:
This is the reason many don't extract from grasses. Most people want DMT not 5-meo-dmt...and it doesn't take much 5-meo to completely overpower the effects of DMT. I am pretty sure you will have a nice mix of 5-meo and dmt, but you won't be able to feel much of the DMT.

I'm still not 100% convinced that chali has much, if any 5-meo in it. In my samples from a very highly reputable vendor we all know and love for his Aya products I did a small scale extraction on some chali. It was very unpure, a simple hot alcohol extraction. The experience from the smoke did not remind me at all of a vaporized 5-meo-dmt experience. This does not mean that other chali grown elsewhere, under diffferent conditions, harvested at a different time of the year, maybe even from a different part of the plant, does have some 5-meo in it...but I have yet to experience it.

Agree on the chali thing. SWIM's last extraction was on chali; he pulled with ether then dcm and found no detectable 5-meo at all. (either by smoking or sublingual)

To the OP, having the 5-meo in the final mix may be fine when one goes oral route; most of the 5-meo-dmt is converted to bufotenine in the body apparently.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

yayscience
#7 Posted : 3/9/2010 6:32:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Supposedly Johnny Appleseed's "Big Medicine" arundinacea is mostly DMT? Anyone try anything with it? I got a couple clones from companionplants.com recently, but they are only just recovering from the journey and are nowhere near harvestable.

yayscience
#8 Posted : 3/9/2010 6:33:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

To the OP, having the 5-meo in the final mix may be fine when one goes oral route; most of the 5-meo-dmt is converted to bufotenine in the body apparently.

Any sources for this?

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:07:28 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

goldenbloo wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Any sources for this?

Yup, there.

It is a very very recent finding and quite an exciting one.

69ron
#10 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:43:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beware! A lot of places sell a variety of chacruna as chaliponga. It's not real chaliponga and doesn't contain 5-MeO-DMT. I am willing to bet that's what a lot of you guys bought. Lots of places sell that. Apparently, in some places, chaliponga is used as a name for a particular variety of chacruna. Hence the mix-up.

True chaliponga looks very different from chacruna. If your chaliponga looks anything like chacruna, you got the wrong kind.

Real chaliponga is very dark. The dried leaves are almost black, thick, brittle, and very large. 1 dried leaf is the size of a banana in length and as wide as 1-2 large tomatoes. In contrast, true dried chacruna leaves are sort of grayish green, very flexible, thin, and much smaller.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#11 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:54:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my chaliponga leaves were like a dark purplish-green color, with tints of almost red in it as well..

And it was active sublingually without any moai.
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:57:16 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
A lot of places sell a variety of chacruna as chaliponga. It's not real chaliponga and doesn't contain 5-MeO-DMT. I am willing to bet that's is what you guys got. Lots of places sell that. Apparently, in some places, chaliponga is used as a name for a particular variety of chacruna. Hence the mix-up.

Chaliponga looks very different from chacruna. If your chaliponga looks anything like chacruna, you got the wrong kind.

Real chaliponga is very dark. The dried leaves are almost black, thick, and very large. 1 leaf is the size of a banana in length and as wide as 1-2 large tomatoes.

SWIM has extracted chaliponga and chacruna a couple of times each using A/B and DCM. Chacruna does have much bigger leaves compared to chacruna. Acid boils were purplish for chacruna and reddish for chaliponga.

Yields were also as expected; chaliponga was giving an ~1% yield and chacruna something less than 0.3%. In both chali extraction no 5-meo was noted, either by smoking the product or sublingual. Both chali and chacruna batches were bought from Maya ethnobotanicals.

Why does SWIY bet that other people's chaliponga is chacruna and how much is he willing to bet? Is it because people do not find the 5-meo in it?? Is it so rare to have chali without 5meo?

69ron
#13 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
my chaliponga leaves were like a dark purplish-green color, with tints of almost red in it as well..

And it was active sublingually without any moai.

Were they very large like I described?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#14 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

they were large and thick..but i have never had chacruna so I cant compare it to that..

smoking the extract of chaliponga was WAY different from mimosa though..way more mental and harder to deal with at high doses..like I read about with 5meo..same was true when i drank with chaliponga in brews in comparison to mimosa as admixture..

I have smoked lots and lots of chaliponga extracts and mimosa extracts..so this isnt just a one or two time thing..whatever is in the stuff, its def different from mimosa.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#15 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:06:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Why does SWIY bet that other people's chaliponga is chacruna and how much is he willing to bet? Is it because people do not find the 5-meo in it?? Is it so rare to have chali without 5meo?

SWIM has come across several good vendors selling chacruna as chaliponga. Even one of his favorite vendors did this and SWIM complained to them. That vendor no longer sells anything good. They stopped when BBB got bustedSad

Anyway, chaliponga looks so totally different from chacruna that once you’ve had the real thing it’s obvious.

The leaves should be active sublingually as is or it’s not real chaliponga. There’s a lot of mix-ups out there. Many places sell a variety of chacruna as chaliponga, and there’s also one that looks like chaliponga, but isn’t. It contains no 5-MeO-DMT. I don’t know what it is though, but it looks like real chaliponga, but never has 5-MeO-DMT in it. Some vendors have that. I suspect it’s a close relative of chaliponga. More commonly though, many vendors offer a variety of chacruna as chaliponga.

I think the term “chaliponga” is too loosely used in South America and can be applied to more than one plant. It’s sort of used to mean “strong chacruna” in some places.

The kind that’s sold as a stack is the real deal.
69ron attached the following image(s):
strung_leaves[1].jpg (146kb) downloaded 64 time(s).

jamie
#16 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"I think the term “chaliponga” is too loosely used in South America and can be applied to more than one plant"

I have read as well that traditionally there is more than 1 variety under the name "chaliponga"..
Long live the unwoke.

yayscience
#17 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:11:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
goldenbloo wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Any sources for this?

Yup, there.

It is a very very recent finding and quite an exciting one.

That's incredible. Since my friend was planning on using his phalaris for sublingual adventures this is quite exciting for him.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I attached a pic of real chaliponga to my last post above. That's the kind sold on a stack. It should always be real chaliponga. That kind is high in 5-MeO-DMT. For some reason, it's getting harder to find these days.

greymatter
#19 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:23:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is all very interesting, but still not exactly the chem process that i was looking for
i like both 5meo and N,N...and have mixed them together but my curiosty is the chemistry
thanx

yayscience
#20 Posted : 3/9/2010 8:34:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

greymatter wrote:
this is all very interesting, but still not exactly the chem process that i was looking for
i like both 5meo and N,N...and have mixed them together but my curiosty is the chemistry
thanx

They have radically different melting points. Perhaps that could be somehow employed?

12NEXT