We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Death & DMT Options

The Dream Walker
#1 Posted : 2/12/2008 3:01:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a recent dream, the question of 'What would happen if I died while in hyperspace?' arose. I am of course referring to a physical death, and not ego-death. What do you guys think?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DeadLizard
#2 Posted : 2/12/2008 7:58:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think you would notice considering the relationship between the two states Pleased

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

sillysyban
#3 Posted : 2/12/2008 11:54:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Too much dmt and people generally cant remember the trip. Your brain releases loads of dmt at the point of death. You already have lots of dmt in your system. Result? You will probably forget you died and go on living a perfectly normal life. Wink
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

adrian89987
#4 Posted : 2/12/2008 4:12:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hm hard to say
it is speculated that there is possibly a DMT release at death, but this is unproven.
I guess you'd go to a way different place during those 6 or so minutes that your brain is style firing and your body is dead. Completely experiencing the DMT in only the mental realm.

The Dream Walker
#5 Posted : 2/12/2008 6:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See, even with the extra DMT that your brain is supposedly releasing during death, what happens when your brain stops functioning, ie no more electrical signals and whatnot? Are you still going to be tripping? When we are in hyperspace, is that a fabrication of the mind, or something we are perceiving with a completely different sensory 'organ'? If there is such a thing as a soul, does it stay in hyperspace, is hyperspace 'heaven' or 'nirvana'?

adrian89987
#6 Posted : 2/13/2008 12:13:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

heh
well what is the difference between a fabrication of the mind and reality.

After you are brain dead, I'd say you'd go to the same place as everyone else...which isn't necessarily any less AWEsome without the DMT effects.

El Ka Bong
#7 Posted : 2/13/2008 12:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.. "so was I just hit by the the Hyperspace bus.? ... you'd wonder - "Or was I really run over by a bus? ..." ...

Which makes me wonder, so what if your body's demise was by a sudden 'splat' ... with no time to have the pineal gland squeeze out it's stuff ... ?! Would you be stuck somewhere in between the layers of the veils.!?

Annunaki2012
#8 Posted : 2/27/2008 6:34:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:
After a recent dream, the question of 'What would happen if I died while in hyperspace?' arose. I am of course referring to a physical death, and not ego-death. What do you guys think?

Read the small book: "The psychedelic experience - A manual based of the tibetan book of the dead" from Timothy Leary.

Or/And you read the original of the Tibetan book of the dead and you will know what will happen.

The Dream Walker
#9 Posted : 2/27/2008 8:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Annunaki2012 wrote:
Read the small book: "The psychedelic experience - A manual based of the tibetan book of the dead" from Timothy Leary.

Or/And you read the original of the Tibetan book of the dead and you will know what will happen.

PDF Links?

JovialEel
#10 Posted : 2/27/2008 11:24:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nobody has yet proven that DMT has anything to do with death. It is unproven that massive amounts of DMT are released during death. At this point, what would happen if you died while under the unfluence of DMT is...you would die.

sattwa23
#11 Posted : 3/17/2008 1:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:
See, even with the extra DMT that your brain is supposedly releasing during death, what happens when your brain stops functioning, ie no more electrical signals and whatnot? Are you still going to be tripping? When we are in hyperspace, is that a fabrication of the mind, or something we are perceiving with a completely different sensory 'organ'? If there is such a thing as a soul, does it stay in hyperspace, is hyperspace 'heaven' or 'nirvana'?

Dear Dream Walker, WHO do you suppose to meet here to get the answers? Shocked Wink All you could possibly find would be just thoughts & fantasies Wink They may vary due to the cultural and intellectual level of an answering person, but... Who is the Master making the grass green? Rolling eyes Wink
~let the beauty be around you~

sattwa23
#12 Posted : 3/17/2008 1:51:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:

And please think - what would happen if I died while in NO hyperspace? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "That is the question..." (c)

The Dream Walker
#13 Posted : 3/17/2008 7:30:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sattwa23 wrote:

Dear Dream Walker, WHO do you suppose to meet here to get the answers? Shocked Wink All you could possibly find would be just thoughts & fantasies Wink They may vary due to the cultural and intellectual level of an answering person, but... Who is the Master making the grass green? Rolling eyes Wink

I didn't ask for answers, I asked for thoughts. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the Master making my own grass green.

sattwa23 wrote:

And please think - what would happen if I died while in NO hyperspace? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "That is the question..." (c)

It sounds like you're telling me to not put the cart in front of the horse and that I should think about regular death first. If I'm correct in that interpretation, then been there thought that. If I'm wrong, and you wanted to imply a somewhat deeper philosophical insinuation, then let's hear your thoughts on the matter to get the dialog rolling.

sattwa23
#14 Posted : 3/17/2008 12:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:
sattwa23 wrote:

I didn't ask for answers, I asked for thoughts. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the Master making my own grass green.

sattwa23 wrote:

It sounds like you're telling me to not put the cart in front of the horse and that I should think about regular death first. If I'm correct in that interpretation, then been there thought that. If I'm wrong, and you wanted to imply a somewhat deeper philosophical insinuation, then let's hear your thoughts on the matter to get the dialog rolling.

Hello, Dream Walker! Glad to hearing from you! Smile
Right you are, what I am proposing to do is to think on "regular" death. You are The Master, so possibly it will be your own projections and expectations you will be dealing with after the body's dead. But do you associate yourSELF with your mind? There are so many theories, but what do you think? Pleased OK, when going to "hyperspace", while your biological body is still alive, who is actualy "going" there? Rolling eyes It's as to "different sensory organ" or "soul". After coming back we are able (well, sometimes not) to share our visions. As we are back to the body we construct "fabrication of the mind" to make it possible to share our experience with somebody. And we can do it really FAST Smile But what was the experience itself? And, again, who was the traveller? The problem is that we are discussing all that being ALIVE Cool Psychedelic drugs sometimes grant us possibility to leave our bodies, i.e. we use some medium, which (or should I say WHO) has it's own influence on what is going on. It influences our further descriptions accordingly. Dying while behind some stuff will break our bonds with the body (there are several conceptions of these bonds and all are rather esoteric) just as ordinary dying while being "sober", so possibly we will have just one more veil of "illusions" for some time before going to ... well, where we will be able to go according to integration level of ourSELF Wink Anyway, we'll see pretty soon Laughing As to nirvana, I think no, it's not. Anyway it doesn't look like classical nirvana conception.
BTW, thanks for starting this interesting topic! Smile
Besides Tibetian Book of the Dead (great read, indeed!), you may be interested in http://www.discogs.com/release/147150
A great visionary experience on topic, but expressed in a musical form. There's CD as well, not just vinyl.

DeadLizard
#15 Posted : 3/17/2008 12:13:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, I'm the Master making my own grass green.

Close grashopper. But if you said the grass was pink that wouldn't make it true.
In fact if that "where" the answer the question would have no meaning at all.
I would say Consensus reality or Language but even those are probably incorrect.
In the end it is just a koan and to answer with words is pointless...

Tangent much Laughing

Search youtube for "Navigating the afterlife"

sattwa23
#16 Posted : 3/17/2008 12:23:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeadLizard wrote:
The Dream Walker wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, I'm the Master making my own grass green.

But if you said the grass was pink that wouldn't make it true.

:arrow: Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Dream Walker
#17 Posted : 3/17/2008 7:07:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well maybe my perception of green is really your perception of pink!

sattwa23
#18 Posted : 3/17/2008 7:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:

Exactly! Smile You are the Master, who... and so on Wink And it's really amazing about this universe Very happy

DeadLizard
#19 Posted : 3/18/2008 7:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Dream Walker wrote:

By any other name, Grass is always ... green.
What we are talking about is the words you ascribe meaning to.
At least that is how I see the question ...