We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Is safrole psychedelic? Options

69ron
#61 Posted : 5/25/2010 11:35:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Joebono, that Shroomery post makes Nutmeg oil look worse than it is. Nutmeg oil has GRAS status given to it by the FDA. It's used to flavor lots of pastries. If it was all that toxic, the FDA would ban it for food like they did with calamus oil. Of course taking a large amount of nutmeg oil to get high from it is somewhat toxic, but still not nearly as bad as that post makes it appear.

Nutmeg oil contains a lot of compounds that Elemi oil lacks. Compare the two:

Nutmed Oil:
borneol
camphene
dipentene
elemicin
geraniol
myristicin
pinene
safrol
terpineol

Elemi oil:
dipentene
elemicin
limonene
phellandrene
pinene
sesquiterpine alchol
terpene
terpinolene
trimethyl homogallic aldehyde
trimethyl homogallic acid

The only things they share in common are elemicin, pinene, and dipentene. That's it. There's no potentially carcinogenic safrol, no toxic camphene, and no stoning myristicin in Elemi oil. I think this is why the effects are so clean and more like mescaline than Nutmeg oil.

Camphene causes headache, dizziness, tiredness, nausea and vomiting, and even unconsciousness. It's not something you really want to ingest a lot of. It's very likely one of the reasons many people don't enjoy Nutmeg oil.

Elemi oil contains mostly d-limonene, about 50% or so, which is good for you, and is believed to help fight cancer. So in terms of being healthy for you, Nutmeg oil cannot at all compare with Elemi oil.

SWIM is still very hesitant to try Nutmeg oil. With all the research I've done, it looks like it's much less healthy for you to ingest and the effects don't sound that nice.

Elemi oil is perhaps one of the best kept psychedelic secrets. It's nearly as nice as mescaline. This to me is shocking. All this time I had no idea such a nice psychedelic was so easy to buy, and completely legal. It's utterly shocking.

The only thing that's as legal as Elemi oil that's as nice is the mystery water soluble compound in sassafras (which is likely to be cinnamolaurine). But that requires a lot of work to get at and it appears to be unstable. While Elemi oil is already highly concentrated and cheap to get all over the world.

I hope to see more work done in both of these areas. The effects SWIM got from the MEK washed sassafras were fantastic, as nice as Elemi oil, similar, but longer lasting.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#62 Posted : 5/25/2010 12:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SyZyGyPSy wrote:
"I've found a friend out here, I might have already told you about before, but it seems like not. Sassafras Albidium. Mostly, people know about the plant for its safrole content (which if you smell the roots, I mean....root beer...yum). However, at the rainbow gathering I was given what was called a "shamanic extract of sassafras" which I figured was a solid crystalline form of safrole at the time, but since doing some research about chemistry, pharmacology, and the compounds present in sassafras roots....well, first, I made some sassafras root tea, which [my girl] and I confirmed had identical effects as the extract from the gathering. Then, I collected lots of root and made a strong tincture. The tincture had effects more similar to cactus than before. AND THEN, when I had performed sufficient research, I delved into it. Removed the safrole (which I heard has a sedating effect), then did an acid-base-nonpolar alkaloid extraction and voila! Crystals formed, I sampled them, and that's what it is! And what is it? Well, there are two isoquinolines in sassafras: Reticuline, which has a pain-killing/stimulant effect, also occurs in opium poppies as well as the roots of several varieties of apple tree; and Cinnamolaurine, which has a stimulant/psychedelic effect, and occurs only in sassafras and in camphor. They both have high pH's. reticuline has an interesting structure in that it is almost symmetrical in an L-shape. Cinnamolaurine, it has a methylenedioxy bridge on the primary phenyl ring and an n-methyl group, suggesting that the mechanism of its action is similar to the mechanism of MDMA's action. So this is an interesting development."

SyZyGyPSy, where did this guy get the information about cinnamolaurine that I put in bold above? He's saying it's a stimulant/psychedelic. I searched and searched and can't find any reference that says anything about cinnamolaurine's action.

You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ms_manic_minxx
#63 Posted : 5/26/2010 9:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Must one use alcohol to dilute the Elemi oil, or is there another way? I get a nasty buzz from alcohol after just a few sips. Confused Completely undesirable to entheogenic exploration. Sad

Reading that nutmeg toxicity report... should I stop putting teaspoons in my eggless eggnog smoothies? Shocked Yikes.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

polytrip
#64 Posted : 5/26/2010 9:44:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think it´s only toxic when your intake exceeds certain amounts taken at once. When you take small amounts on a regular basis i don´t think it´s gonna accumulate into any damage, just like when you don´t get drunk when you spread 20 beers over 40 days but you do get drunk when you drink them within half an hour.

There may be other reasons not to put teaspoons of the stuff in your smoothies, though. When it comes to nutmeg as flavoring spice it´s my personal opinion that less realy is more. A bit too much and you ruin every dish you can think of.

The Traveler
#65 Posted : 5/26/2010 10:04:07 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Must one use alcohol to dilute the Elemi oil, or is there another way? I get a nasty buzz from alcohol after just a few sips. Confused Completely undesirable to entheogenic exploration. Sad

Reading that nutmeg toxicity report... should I stop putting teaspoons in my eggless eggnog smoothies? Shocked Yikes.

69ron stated the following in this post:
69ron wrote:
SWIM prefers to use the oil orally in a size 0 gelatin capsule. He opens the capsule and drops in 3-7 drops of the oil and then closes the capsule and takes it orally with a glass of water or coffee.

So no alcohol is needed.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

PsilocybeChild
#66 Posted : 5/26/2010 11:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This Elemicin sounds fantastic. just ordered a bottle of elemi oil. cheap, legal, already all over, easily available, quality psychedelic deserves another bump.
spread the word, maybe it'll start another revolution.Laughing They can't stop us!
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

narmz
#67 Posted : 5/27/2010 12:14:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone else aside from Ron verify that elemi oil is psychoactive? This is the first and only place I've read these claims.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

clouds
#68 Posted : 5/27/2010 12:33:12 AM

Human

narmz wrote:
Can anyone else aside from Ron verify that elemi oil is psychoactive? This is the first and only place I've read these claims.

Also, check this out

Natural Phenethylamine Precursors wrote:
Ya know what? There are a lot of interesting amphetamine precursors just sitting around in plants, spice racks, grocery shelves and DEA storage facilities. Like their X and speed counterparts, these precursors are turned into their own, often more powerful, amphetamines via the exact same procedures. The following compounds with descriptions and sources were taken from "Essential Oils" by Guenther, "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils" by Julia Lawless, and The Merck Index. All of these compounds can, if desired, be easily manipualted to produce X or Meth.

erowid wrote:
ELEMICIN: The amphetamine answer to mescalin. Found as the main constituent of Manila elemi oil and in small amounts in nutmeg oil. This is the precursor for TMA.

PsilocybeChild
#69 Posted : 5/27/2010 4:54:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Might wanna remove the last two quotes. I don't think synth talk like that is allowed on this forum.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

PsilocybeChild
#70 Posted : 5/27/2010 5:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
1. The metabolites of elemicin (3,4,5-trimethoxyallylbenzene) and isoelemicin (3,4,5-trimethoxypropenylbenzene) in the rat were identified by g.l.c.-mass spectrometry.

2. The major metabolic reactions of elemicin follow the cinnamoyl pathway or the epoxide-diol pathway. The former route gives 3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)propionic acid and its glycine conjugate as major urinary metabolites, whereas 3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)propane-1,2-diol is the most prominent metabolite of the latter route. Small amounts of the epoxide of the 3-O-demethylated derivative of elemicin were identified in the urine.

3. Isoelemicin was metabolized by both aforementioned pathways; the cinnamoyl pathway predominated and 3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)propionic acid was the major urinary metabolite.

4. All of the acidic metabolites detected were C6--C3 derivatives and further oxidation to benzoic acid derivatives did not occur.

5. Most of the urinary metabolites were also found in the bile, but in different relative amounts.

Ref: Metabolism of alkenebenzene derivatives in the rat. III. Elemicin and isoelemicin. Solheim E, Scheline RR. Xenobiotica. 1980 May;10(5):371-80.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

Dorge
#71 Posted : 5/27/2010 5:22:12 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

well thats silly why not!?
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#72 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:14:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:

I've searched and can only find 2 others on the net who say it is. No one else. So, maybe not all Elemi oil is active? I'm wondering about this because, if all of the Elemi oil is active like what SWIM has, then it seems to me everyone would know about it, not just 2 other people.

SWIM did 10 drops today and it did NOTHING. This happens sometimes. Sometimes it just doesn't work. And that's with the exact same batch of oil. Apparently your body does something to it to activate it, and this process doesn't always take place in the body.

SWIM has noticed this quite a few times so far. He'll take the exact same dose, and one day it works really well, and another day it does nothing. At first SWIM thought it was tolerance build up, so he tested that out, and it's not. There is tolerance build up, but it only lasts about 2 days.

Drinking coffee seems to help "activate" it.

Not being one who understands the inner workings of the digestive system, I'm at a loss as to why it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.

SWIM is going to need to do more testing with Elemi oil. He's still very new to this oil. I'd like to pinpoint just what exactly causes it to be active and what causes it to fail sometimes. Maybe the capsule is not dissolving fast enough sometimes? Maybe using another method is better?

g13juggalo
#73 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:00:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How efficient is it without gel caps?

69ron
#74 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a good question. Maybe it works better without gel caps. SWIM started using gel caps because it's very convenient, but maybe it's the worst method to use?

Ginkgo
#75 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
SWIM did 10 drops today and it did NOTHING. This happens sometimes. Sometimes it just doesn't work. And that's with the exact same batch of oil. Apparently your body does something to it to activate it, and this process doesn't always take place in the body.

This implies that effects from elemi oil depends on intake of something else. It is highly unlikely that the body will metabolize elemi oil in different ways at random. It is likely that you have eaten some food or taken some substance the days around the time you get effects from elemi oil, which you have not ingested the times you get no effects.

Is this something you can remember anything about or test out?

69ron
#76 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:01:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it seems that on the days it worked well, SWIM used coffee to swallow the capsule and had a second cup of coffee about 2 hours in. SWIM did NOT have coffee the last time he took 10 drops and it did nothing. So maybe something in the coffee is helping?

imPsimon
#77 Posted : 5/27/2010 11:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried mixing it with some d. stramonium?

69ron
#78 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:16:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, but only when it was already working, and it does boost the effects quite a bit. Keep in mind that elemicin is the precursor to mescaline. People keep saying it’s a precursor to TMA, but it’s much more like mescaline than TMA from my point of view.

Coffee, and D. strominium both potentiate mescaline, and the same seems true for elemicin (Elemi oil).

Clearly more testing needs to be done. I’ll bet a small amount of Elemi oil will potentiate other psychedelics like LSA, mescaline, etc. This is something SWIM will be testing in the future.

lyserge
#79 Posted : 5/28/2010 3:17:07 AM

polyfather anomalous

69ron wrote:

Coffee, and D. strominium both potentiate mescaline, and the same seems true for elemicin (Elemi oil).

Clearly more testing needs to be done. I’ll bet a small amount of Elemi oil will potentiate other psychedelics like LSA, mescaline, etc. This is something SWIM will be testing in the future.

Greetings, SWIM will also be testing elemi oil as well as some combinations in the future. Do you know if it's the caffeine in coffee that potentiates mescaline and (likely) elemicin? SWIM is very sensitive to caffeine, even the 10% caffeination in Decaf Coffee gives her a strong stimulant effect, so hopefully I'll be able to use Decaf in these experiments. Also have you tried Yerba Mate as a potentiator for LSx/Mescaline?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

69ron
#80 Posted : 5/28/2010 3:31:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if it's the caffeine. I assume it's the caffeine that does it. SWIM has not tried using Yerba mate to potentiate mescaline or anything else. He has Yerba mate and at some point will try it.

«PREV23456NEXT»