We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1314151617NEXT»
Is safrole psychedelic? Options

rOm
#281 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:15:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be possible elimicin is able to get digest slowly and only happened to fully work after like 10 hours ?
Yesterdays expe was strange, I was feeling high at about 7pm (but I took shooter of vodka w lemon but the high was way nicer than straight alcohol) but took the oil at 7:30 am...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jammr
#282 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a moderately heavy lunch, the previous weak threshold effects have all but disappeared at t+4hrs.
Infundibulum wrote:

Item: A goat (eats everything, gives milk, it is fuckable, can be converted to meat)

Jammr
#283 Posted : 6/10/2010 2:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

T+6, still "burping up" / digesting the elemi, previous effects seem to be back but hard to distinguish from placebo, quite frankly. My oil may be weak and I'm pretty hard-headed w/ a fast metabolism from doing sports.
Infundibulum wrote:

Item: A goat (eats everything, gives milk, it is fuckable, can be converted to meat)

imPsimon
#284 Posted : 6/10/2010 2:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4 days ago I ingested about 20 drops of elemi oil in a gel cap. But because of the
situation (up in mountains with lots of stoned friends) I smoked a lot of hash
to so the effects if any got kinda lost.

2 days ago I Tried some 30 drops of elemi oil in some melted honey.
Felt mostly sedated and pictures looked a little different. Like things
in the background would pop out instead of the main object in the photos.
The experience in total wasn't very strong.

Will wait at least a week before next experiment since I prbably had some
tolerance built up from the first time this week.

Have tried 12 drops before with placebo to threshold effects.

Got some FV elemi and nutmeg (inspired by Hummus) oil coming my way=)

Ginkgo
#285 Posted : 6/10/2010 3:55:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have any good ideas on containers for storing one dose of the oil? I really like to have pre-dosaged things around, instead of having to weigh or count drops. It would also be helpful if I am to give some to a friend.

Normally I would use a capsule, but I guess the oil will eat it's way through it in some time? Any proposals?

imPsimon
#286 Posted : 6/10/2010 3:59:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I melted mine in the hard kind of honey, I'm guessing it can be cooled to
become hard again, no?

Ginkgo
#287 Posted : 6/10/2010 5:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The honey will still be a very sticky oily substance, wouldn't it? Or are you thinking about some other honey than the normal one? I was thinking in the lines of dissolving the oil in warm gelatine, then cooling it down. But I don't know how that will work...

imPsimon
#288 Posted : 6/10/2010 7:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In room temp it's solid but yeah, somewhat sticky. My thought was to fuse the
oil and the honey and put it in maybe an icecube tray, fridge/freeze and
then just wrap it in some food plastic or some kind of candy wrapper.

That Jello idea sounds very interesting.
I think it's pretty stable in room temp but will liquify over
time.
Question is if the oil will fuse with the jello/water mix.

How to make jelly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLijkt4rc2w

...I love step 4

imPsimon
#289 Posted : 6/10/2010 7:48:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...Chocolate is a good medium as long as the ingredients mix.
It's easy to handle, tastes good and one can make it look
very nice.

Ginkgo
#290 Posted : 6/10/2010 7:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
very nice.

That's a great idea!! I will have to try that when my oil arrives.

69ron
#291 Posted : 6/10/2010 7:58:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
very nice.

You could melt those pre-made chocolates used for molding your own candies that they sell at hobby shops. They are oil based so the Elemi oil would easily mix into them. You’d then pour the melted chocolate into some molds and there you go. Very easy.

The more dilute you make the oil, the better on the digestive system it will be and the easier it will be to take accurate doses.

I think chocolate is really a great idea.

Those hobby stores also sell meltable white candies that are just like the chocolate ones, but have very little flavor. They’re designed so that you can add your own flavoring. But chocolate is great at hiding strong flavors. I’d try the chocolate ones first.

SWIM has some candy molds and both chocolate and white candy melts. He’ll give this one a try. It's much more portable than using honey.

What's nice about the white candy melts is that you can add coloring to them and make them have a swirly psychedelic pattern by slightly mixing in red, blue, and yellow coloring. I've done that before. The results look awesome.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

hummus
#292 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
hummus wrote:
I'd be interested to try elemi oil though, with the positive ratings compared to nutmeg oil it should be interesting to see how well it works.

I'm very curious. I have not seen a good comparison of Elemi oil versus Nutmeg oil.

Would you say nutmeg oil is any better than the powder or whole nutmeg? Does it feel less toxic?

hummus wrote:
Mace oil also works nicely, it's a bit more potent and 'smoother' in it's effects, I'd estimate that it's no more than 2X the potency.

Would you say you prefer Mace oil over Nutmeg oil?

I've not really had much experience with mace oil but from what I can tell I prefer it, more 'rounded'.
And I'd say it's much better than whole nutmeg mainly because of ease of dosing, just swallow a few capsules rather than choke down half an ounce of minging oily powder, so there's no nausea/'toxic' feelings from that, and don't really notice any negative physical effects apart from a little bit of dehydration/red eyes and if not consumed right can cause mild diarrhea.

imPsimon
#293 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:03:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah chocolate is great!
You can mix all kinda things with it.
My all-time favorite is mushroom chocolates shaped like pyramidesVery happy

Just remember to look up how to harden the chocolate if you want them
to be really good. It's not necessary but the finished product
looks a lot better.

69ron
#294 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:06:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
Just remember to look up how to harden the chocolate if you want them
to be really good. It's not necessary but the finished product
looks a lot better.

With the candy melts I have, this is not much of an issue. They are designed to be easily melted and molded, unlike normal chocolate candy. They come in a variety of colors and flavors and are specifically designed to allow you to add flavor oils to them.

Take a look at the photo. This brand works very well.
69ron attached the following image(s):
CandyMelts[1].jpg (71kb) downloaded 151 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

imPsimon
#295 Posted : 6/10/2010 8:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Those candy melts looks awsome!
I'm gonna ebay some.

jaguar
#296 Posted : 6/10/2010 9:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And chocolate really tastes wonderful (in SWIM's opinion) when mixed with elemi oil. SWIM uses a very tasty and really "thick" cocoa drink called "Choco latte" made in Switzerland (they know a lot about chocolate). However the oil stays in very small drops at the top, so you have to stir it again and again while drinking. Putting it into solid chocolate sounds like a good idea though.

jaguar
#297 Posted : 6/11/2010 1:08:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

I think either you have a not so good batch of Elemi oil, or you’re sensitive to elemicin in a bad way. You might want to try a different brand.

Yes, SWIM already ordered a different brand to compare..

69ron wrote:

I would NOT take a higher dose until you either find a brand that doesn’t cause cramping, or you find a solution to the cramps.

The fact that they happen the following day is very strange. I wonder what could be the cause of that.

Update: SWIM had almost the same effects today in the morning (day 2 after he took elemi oil): a tendency to get cramps (not actually got them). Maybe there is something different going on in his body. But he mentioned it in the first place, because he normally does not experience that very often and the last time it occured was just after he had elemi oil the day before. So who knows..

69ron
#298 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jaguar wrote:
69ron wrote:

I would NOT take a higher dose until you either find a brand that doesn’t cause cramping, or you find a solution to the cramps.

The fact that they happen the following day is very strange. I wonder what could be the cause of that.

Update: SWIM had almost the same effects today in the morning (day 2 after he took elemi oil): a tendency to get cramps (not actually got them). Maybe there is something different going on in his body. But he mentioned it in the first place, because he normally does not experience that very often and the last time it occured was just after he had elemi oil the day before. So who knows..

This is definitely something to watch. So far no one else has reported this.

I wonder if nutmeg caused this before in other people? I don't remember reading about it though.

69ron
#299 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hummus wrote:
I've not really had much experience with mace oil but from what I can tell I prefer it, more 'rounded'.
And I'd say it's much better than whole nutmeg mainly because of ease of dosing, just swallow a few capsules rather than choke down half an ounce of minging oily powder, so there's no nausea/'toxic' feelings from that, and don't really notice any negative physical effects apart from a little bit of dehydration/red eyes and if not consumed right can cause mild diarrhea.

Tolerance to Elemi oil for SWIM lasts about 3 days after taking it.

How long does tolerance to nutmeg oil last for you? I've read it lasts a week. That seems very long.

Ginkgo
#300 Posted : 6/11/2010 7:52:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind that you tend to have shorter tolerance than other people, 69ron. I have tolerance from LSD lasting over a week, actually close to 14 days, whereas you have it for something like only 4 days, am I correct? In other words, tolerance to elemi oil might last for considerably longer than 3 days in some (or most) individuals.

«PREV1314151617NEXT»