We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Clean caapi preparation? Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 3/2/2010 12:57:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Hello folks!

Has anyone ever managed to fridge decant a caapi brew down to complete transparency? I've heard of folk using egg whites and gelatin and what not to clear it up, but I'd rather stay clear of that path if I can. Obviously I know as the brew becomes more concerntrated as it's reduced then light probably won't penetrate, no matter how clean, but for the purpose of this particular brew I'd like it to be very clear. It's been in the fridge for 3 days now and only a slight cleanup has been observed. I'm quite happy to leave it for a number of weeks if I know it will clear up eventually and maintain its potency, but I guess what I'd like to know is, will it happen?

So far I've just used vine, water, patience and good honest hard work with no other additives. I'd like to keep it that way for the sake of my personal relationship with the plant.

It's important Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

freethinker
#2 Posted : 3/2/2010 7:12:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Did not know that. Cool tip. Will have to try that.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 3/4/2010 6:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many times I have drank the mud...

I'm not sure how "clearing" a brew would effect potency: I have reconstituted sediment caked at the bottom of a jar, for fully active doses.

With Mimosa, the oils will decant in about a day to leave a very clear product. I have kept Caapi for sometimes 6 weeks, with no such natural separation occurring to the point of transparency.

Please do share about how freezing works out for you: if it is possible to get the brew completely clear, how the flavor and potency were impacted, etc.

Sweet dreams. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

soulfood
#4 Posted : 3/4/2010 8:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I have reconstituted sediment caked at the bottom of a jar, for fully active doses.

D'oh!

Someone silly has been tipping that down the sink! Well he'll know next time... so would you say that to get rid of this part somewhat take away from the overall rounded feel of the brew? I don't want to be doing that you see!

Thanks for the tips folks Smile