We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Success with nausea reducing "oil wash" Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 3/2/2010 12:00:26 AM

SWIM

SWIM has had poor poor effects using morning glory seeds in the past. Lots of nausea for little effects.

Finally he has found a very simple method for the exact reverse. Lots of effects with little nausea.

He has read the extraction teks that use naptha to take away the toxins. Then use LOTS of acetone to pull the actives.

This is all okay but a little smelly and toxic. Also quite expensive.

SWIM has been using canola oil for several extraction and it has worked well, though clearly it is stick and doesn't evaporate, it has properties of a slightly more-polar limonene.

It is of course 100% food safe and doesn't smell at all.

Anyway the tek goes as follows:

*The process is quite annoying like filtering rue.... well not THAT bad, but the effects are worth it in SWIM's opinion*

Powder morning glory or HBWR seeds.

Pour plenty of canola oil over the seeds in a seal-able/shakable container.
SWIM used 250ml for 50g of morning glories and it worked well.

Let the mix sit at room temp for a few hours, shaking every so often. It will darken considerably.

The oil can be filtered through a french press quite well, it is quite messy so be prepared.

Though SWIM did not, the seeds likely could be dried using paper towels to soak up the oils, though it is likely a large portion of the seed powder would be stuck in them.

An alternative method of filteration could be through a sock/T-shirt/cloth. This could squeeze out the majority of the oil.

Anyway, the oil wash would probably be best done twice, though there was a significant effect with just one.

The oil that is not removed will be able to be removed later, mostly.

What is left is an oily mush of seeds with most of the toxins and seemingly very little of the actives removed.

This can be put in a french press or container and covered with cool water. Since many of the toxins are removed warm water may be an option for reducing volume.

The mix is soaked just like any cold water extraction and left for a few hours stirred often.

The color will tell you when you are done extracting.

The first pulls will be much much darker, translucent grey-tan.

the later pulls will be much lighter, clearer beige-tan

Using the press much of the oil leftover oil can simply be decanted off.

SWIM used about 2000ml for the 50g of seeds 40ml/g this is actually low for cold-water extractions.

But his effects from ~7g worth of the brew are significant.
Possibly more compared to the wretchedly toxic ~6-7g of plain seeds.

SWIM's past experience with 10g of morning glory seeds and SWIM thinks not enough water resulted in LOTS of nausea. SWIM uses a scale of 1 to 10. At least 7-8

SWIM's brew of 7g worth of seeds caused significantly higher effects than that with barely any nausea at all. 2-3.

SWIM purposely didn't attempt a LSH conversion for a last comparison of plain LSA to LSD.
His next try will be mixing with coffee (has the same acetaldehyde as peppermint) for a less nauseating attempt at LSH.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 3/2/2010 12:42:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent idea on using the vegetable oil. A lot of people don't see that as a viable option, but it is for things like this. It’s a little thick but 100% food grade, safe, and effective as a non-polar solvent. I would say it’s way healthier than d-limonene. While d-limonene is food safe, it’s not meant to be taken in large amounts, while people can easily consume much more canola oil without much problems developing.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ElusiveMind
#3 Posted : 3/3/2010 5:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never thought to use Canola oil.... BRILLIANT! Very happy SWIM doesn't have any Morning Glory seeds currently but is definitely going to try this out with HBWR seeds. SWIM'll post the results when complete. Razz
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

PsilocybeChild
#4 Posted : 3/3/2010 8:04:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you describe your experience? How does it compare to the other methods of extracting/purifying lsa/lsh? I've only been able to have very mild experiences when using cold water extracts, peppermint tea, and sherry wine. I was blown away from eating a half a dozen fresh Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. but with way too many negative effects to want to repeat that.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 3/3/2010 8:42:40 AM

SWIM

SWIM was only 5 hours in when he posted, but he is relatively familiar with the substance and the experience was as expected.

Past experiences

SWIM has had 3 doses of MG dry *shutters* first was 250 pretty small seeds. Then another with 300. But were lazy, sedative and wrought with cramps, nausea and headache.

Nonetheless SWIM was likely the legal-ness of it and having DXM as a big part of his psychedelic experience he though that he could get over the negative.

SWIM bought some great (but expensive) HBWR from SE and his first dose of 7 via CWE was terrible for the first hour and he was truly like "is this worth it?" The rest of the trip was quite lazy but quite pleasent, it was however heavy on the body and slightly nauseating the whole trip.

He tried HBWR 2 more times but with lower doses (poor seeds) and got similar effects.

During a purchase from HP he felt might as well chip in a couple bucks for 20g of MG, give them a go again. he'd been reading about LSA and LSH and was curious.
The 20g arrived and he did the math, he took 8-12g dry probably so he'd try 10g in CWE with peppermint.

He used distilled water in a small electrical-tape-covered bottle and several peppermint teabages. SWIM hadn't worked with MG for a while and was accustomed to the low-volume of HBWR so he end up using far too little water he guesses. Nonetheless the toxins were wretched and the whole trip was super mild and literally one of SWIM's worst days of his life.

SWIM worked with some HBWR but they wear REALLY weak compared to the ones he used previously, SWIM is not much for re-dosing so most of the trips were quite like "wastes" like a day after a hardcore alcohol bender.

On one trip he actually threw out 50 of the HBWR because he was annoyed to be SO sedated/sleepy despite getting 9 hours sleep the previous night and napping at noon the previous day.

The oil-washed experience

SWIM was really thinking of a last-ditch effort on the MG. He was truly not expecting to succeed in this test, his dose was somewhat of a guess and he feared the oil would steal the LSA with the toxins but he was very pleasently suprised. ~6-7g worth of the extract produced effects significantly stronger than the 8-12g dry with no headaches and very very little nausea.

There was however an odd shortness of breath in the first 20 minutes, possibly the oil caused the LSA to be absorbed faster than usual, it is a bronchial constrictor or something. SWIM took some nutella on crackers that seemed to help (cocoa has the opposite effect). SWIM also peaked after much shorter. Started about 30-45min and was close to the peak by 1:15.

It was quite sedative and mild though pleasant for sure. The peak effects lasted a good 6 hours with effects felt almost until bed.

Midway through the peak tried taking 3g of kola nut as he did previously on a super-mild HBWR which turned the trip a complete 180, though this time on the much stronger trip it didn't seem to do much. SWIM will try a few datura stramonium seeds instead next time, they seemed to (almost over) stimulate SWIM on a medium-low dose of mescaline.

SWIM recommends this tek for people immensely, though it is truly barely in it's infancy, SWIM is tomorrow going to try mixed with mint and coffee to give the best chance of LSH conversion (he thinks)

Also one last note on the tek. it was done in the light and no measures were made to prevent light from the brew. SWIM has read that LSA tinctures have been made evaporating the solvent in a low oven! SWIM thinks LSA isn't nearly as wussy as it is made out to be.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Periphery
#6 Posted : 12/6/2013 3:54:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is going to try this.

What are the consequences of using vegetable oil in place of Canola oil?

P

Parshvik Chintan
#7 Posted : 12/6/2013 4:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Periphery wrote:
What are the consequences of using vegetable oil in place of Canola oil?

canola oil is a type of veggie oil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...getable_oils#Edible_oils
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Periphery
#8 Posted : 12/6/2013 4:42:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well then... Confused that was humbling! Thank you!
P