We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
solvent evaporation Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 3/1/2010 7:48:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

easy question...can you evaporate the solvent in a hotwater bath(of course nowhere close to a flame or spark) without damageing the spice?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:06:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

you can but it may leave your spice a bit gooey as it may not crystalise properly.

I find room temperature to be fine. If anything, you want to slow the process down and reduce air flow exposure to prevent oxidisation.

stevowitz
#3 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:28:52 PM

The Dude

soulfood's right...don't quick evap your spice, unless you plan to recrystallize the results & freeze precipitate(which SWIM's found to be the best method anyway. purer cleaner results..)
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

mumbles
#4 Posted : 3/2/2010 9:11:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never evaporate all the solvent off, you will be left with a mix of spice, contaminates, and plant oils. So it will be goey shit. Freeze precip out of naptha for 36+hrs for the cleanest spice.