We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What is SWIY's favorite strain? Options

trancepants
#1 Posted : 3/1/2010 6:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What's your favorite strain of mushrooms? and why?
Personally, SWIM's favorite at the moment has to be Hawaiian Cubensis. Not the most potent strain out there, for sure, but the effects are amazing. They are the first mushroom to really open SWIM up. SWIM thoroughly enjoys exploring this strain because it connects him with himself, and his choices in life, moreso than any other entheogen has.
So let's hear it!
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/1/2010 6:51:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

psilocybe cyanescens..

It's like oral DMT...2 grams are like 5 cubes..so clear and so powerful.
Long live the unwoke.

۩
#3 Posted : 3/1/2010 6:54:12 PM

fractal enchantment wrote:
psilocybe cyanescens..

It's like oral DMT...2 grams are like 5 cubes..so clear and so powerful.

Cyan Tea, Please Twisted Evil

Virola78
#4 Posted : 3/1/2010 9:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lately enjoying truffels. Very nice for walking about or socialize.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Xt
#5 Posted : 3/11/2010 3:44:32 PM

I have only ever come across Amazonian Cubensis or liberty Caps (Psilocybe semilanceata).
I gotta say, the Psilocybe semilanceata were much much more impressive the the cubes.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

soulfood
#6 Posted : 3/11/2010 4:08:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I had only ever used cubes, then one day a friend came up with some lib caps. The night before we drank a litre of vodka between us and I slept naked in a friends hot tub that night... needless to say I was feeling like a flambe'd lobster the next day. Anyway they were weighing up their doses and they were having 1g each. Me only knowing of the magic of cubes said "that sounds quite low, would it be greedy if I had 3g's?" My friend politely let me go ahead...

boy did I learn my lesson! I vaguely remember walking through a corn field with a purple sky and literally seeing "eyes" on the top of every piece of corn. I think that day was my final lesson in respect for the fungus.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 3/11/2010 4:16:01 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

soulfood wrote:
....Anyway they were weighing up their doses and they were having 1g each. Me only knowing of the magic of cubes said "that sounds quite low, would it be greedy if I had 3g's?" My friend politely let me go ahead...

boy did I learn my lesson!....

Hahaha,

This lesson SWIM never really learns no matter how many times he's been beaten up by the mushrmms.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 3/11/2010 4:57:43 PM

JC

Virola78 wrote:
Lately enjoying truffels. Very nice for walking about or socialize.

They are great for a nice sociable trip, anytime swim goes to amsterdam thats all he takes. the liberty caps in swims expereince are the best, far better than any cubensis hes ever tried.

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 3/11/2010 6:05:28 PM

The Great Namah

Sigh,

The only zap that I partake of are cubes Sad my favorite Cube strain would be Amazon's. They're small, but they just keep coming and coming and coming.

Someday soon I'll embark on another try and P cyans, but 5 jars of spawn got me 2 mushrooms, 1/10" tall. It was a very sad experiment.

If anyone could suggest an easier, cleaner strain to grow I'd be all ears. Preferably one that doesn't require poo of some sort, though I still have pounds of the crap in my freezer.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 3/13/2010 1:32:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

acolon_5 wrote:
Sigh,

my favorite Cube strain would be Amazon's. They're small, but they just keep coming and coming and coming.

Ooh!

I know someone whose growing some amazon cubes at the moment Smile

Is that a good choice for a first try?

geeg30
#11 Posted : 3/13/2010 2:14:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like Liberty Caps but P. Cyans and Azures just blow the mind. The Yangoon/Burmese strain of cubes is also very nice (easy to grow too!), preferably in a mix with Caps. Columbian cubes are nice, not too strong nor too weak. Truffles are tasty but not as strong as would have liked them to be (maybe just the strain I had). B+ strain of cubes are ok as are Mexicans, Golden teachers & Equedorians. Hawaiians are very very nice

Please note that a good few of these strains were tested in Holland while a few were grown or picked wild by myself. As for a favourite...... Liberties are up there(in quantity) but P Cyans are that wee bit stronger but without the headfuck that caps give.

Nice!!!

Can't wait for shroom season!!
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

benzyme
#12 Posted : 3/13/2010 2:24:34 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

panaeolus (copelandia) cyanescens

found some in a field in seguin, tx. they're like the jamaican and hawaiian strains.
original blue meanies

tx strain cubensis
yeah, they're potent
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 3/13/2010 6:07:07 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

agreed - panaeolus (copelandia) cyanescens
and of the cubensis - mexican's and argentina's.
oh and mdk was always so full of rainbows.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Dimitrius
#14 Posted : 3/13/2010 7:59:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Sigh,

The only zap that I partake of are cubes Sad my favorite Cube strain would be Amazon's. They're small, but they just keep coming and coming and coming.

Someday soon I'll embark on another try and P cyans, but 5 jars of spawn got me 2 mushrooms, 1/10" tall. It was a very sad experiment.

If anyone could suggest an easier, cleaner strain to grow I'd be all ears. Preferably one that doesn't require poo of some sort, though I still have pounds of the crap in my freezer.

Try Waylit's Pan Cyan Tek at mycotopia. Requires dung, but...

My favorite would have to be Gulf Coast Cubes, because that's all I've ever eaten. And I've eaten A TON of them.

I'm hoping to have a new favorite within the next few months...Pan Tropicalis.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 3/13/2010 1:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Copelandia/Pan cyanescens for sure...VERY powerful and visionary, yet very clean and smooth, give a beautiful lucid, crystalline experience...most DMT like experience of any of the mushrooms I have tried. Need to get a grow on in the next few weeks. Even have the edge on Psilocybe semilanceata in my opinion, also great mushrooms. Would really like to try the wood lovers...Psilocybe cyanescens/azurescens and Psilcybe mexicana. Not tried truffles either, would like to.

RealAwareness
#16 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:45:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends on what I am taking them for. Liberty Caps (p. semilanceata ) are what I have the most experience with, as they are so readily available in my neck of the woods in the fall, and to a lesser extent, spring. p. cyans are also supposedly common up here, but almost everywhere I've looked, I'd been beaten to the punch. On the few occasions I've found a nice patch, I found them to be quite strong. However, dried cubes are also fantastic - a lot clearer and brighter than the liberty caps, less visuals, but a clearer experience imo.

Liberty caps are great if you want SPECTACULAR visuals, and are willing to push the envelope a bit (my highest dose ever was 7g of dried caps, don't do this if you aren't ready to have your brain completely melted, it's like the equiv of 17 grams of cubes). But if you want to just think about philosophical concepts, 4 gs of dried cubes have provided me with some of the best trips I have ever had. I'd love to try some of the other strains, and will hopefully be in a position to start doing so soon, as SWIM will soon be able to start some grow experiments and has offered to share Smile
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying...It is not dying
Lay down all thought; Surrender to the void
It is shining...It is shining...

RealAwareness

Aegle
#17 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:52:36 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Psilocybe Cubensis Argentina: I have had such beautiful deep visions with this special mushroom...

Psilocybe Cubensis Argentina Expereince

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

camakazi
#18 Posted : 3/28/2010 9:01:47 PM

RUN DMT

psilocybe semilanceata are the only ones I've ever had.. truly devine as well.
I owe a lot to liberty caps for what they've shown me, how they've changed me. The way they kick the absolute shit out of you then give you a hand back up after it.
First time I had auditory hallucinations was with the libs, my beloved psychedelic purple tinted worlds... Walking the streets completely fearless. "your rib cage is a xylophone! Wheres my bottle of jelly? I have to leave now."

yip... the mushrooms will always have a special place in my heart.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

elofer
#19 Posted : 4/3/2010 7:58:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ACOLON5
I would suggest if you want to skipp out on the poo-loving fungus I would suggest you try to grow either cyanescenc or azurescens...both of which grow quite easily on wood hardwood woodchips,(no cedar or aromatic woods), lignicolous yard waste..like blackberry stems, rose stems, woody vines etc..cardboard is innoculated very quickly by both these strains. the only set-back though (mabey) is that you need to grow them outdoors..I have done this even in the high desert in southern new mexico..so noone should complain about being in a place where they wont grow..you just have to adjust your technique to match thier naturall environment..feel free to ask anything about this..I'de really love to help spread these wonderus funguses!!!

I'd have to say that after trying at least 8 different psylly species that azurescens are all around the best..though they can be QUITE HEAVY making one literally drunk, turning onees legs to rubber..yeah..you might not be able to walk at all for a few hours!!! this isn't always a welcome side effect. for absolute power and potency I would have to say azurescens is by far the best...something you want to take when there is nothing else pressing for you to do but sit and enjoy.
liberty caps are alot better for hiking and enjoying nature..can't do that when your legs are as loose and week as rubber now can ya!!

corpus callosum
#20 Posted : 5/25/2010 7:55:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Ive only tried Psilocybe Semilanceata-the good old Liberty caps.

Bless their little pointed heads!

Back in the day when I used these we would just count out the required amount and let them simmer slowly in hot (NOT boiling) water.Eighty fresh ones brewed up was impressive.A friend and I once brewed up close to 500 fresh ones (I suppose it was a youthful pissing contest!) and necked the brew between us.I had a totally empty stomach and I was taking off before the mug of brew was done and 15 minutes later I struggled to stand up.

The peak on this was hallucinogenic as opposed to hallucinatory, something I had never experienced prior to this.Proper DMT-like OEVs (albeit less than on a breakthrough) and ridiculous noise distortion-when people spoke to me their voices sounded like they were underwater and speaking backwards.Ive no idea how many mcgs of LSD one would need to take to get this out of it.And now, having taken DMT I can appreciate that these 2 are closer in essence than they are to LSD.

I found the come-down to be immensely euphoric and satisfying, better than MDMA.

To this day I wonder what weight of mushroom this would be equivalent to as we solely calculated the dose by counting the little darlings out.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

12NEXT