We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
solvent bouquet? Options

greymatter
#1 Posted : 2/28/2010 7:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm aware that naptha contains hexane and heptane, so it stands to logic that one could use a bouquet of polar solvents for extractions...not just for dmt but for cactus also.
i'm preparing to do a mescaline extraction in the next couple of days and i'm on a super tight budget and have a little hexane, a little ether, a little benzene and a little toulene.
could i combine them to avoid having to travel to buy more solvent?(i live in the middle of nowhere) Could i do the same for dmt extractions?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

stevowitz
#2 Posted : 2/28/2010 10:00:22 PM

The Dude

nothing sounds safe about mixing 4 solvents. I would do seperate pulls with each. keeps things controlled to.
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

greymatter
#3 Posted : 3/1/2010 5:28:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i only have between 200-250 mililiters of each and i'd need at least one liter to complete the extraction...if i were to try to do them individually, they would enevitabltly mix anyway...i have a few profesional seperation funnels and all pyrex lab kit with lab grade chems....but the emulsion layer will trap small amounts of solvent no matter how careful one is...i am always super,super careful and always work in super clean enviroment with lab etiquite