We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Phalaris Brachystachy Sprouts - Step 1 for Grass Spice Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 2/28/2010 3:29:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so here are some pictures of the first stages of growing brachystachy...they germinated much faster than i expected(heat pad did wonders)

once these little guys get about 6 inches tall i can do my first harvest from them..and ill probably give them a shot of some food...but not too much because too much food reduces the alkaloid content...

once it gets warm enough my plan is to plant these pots outside somewhere nice...and start a nice patch...Smile

also not ALL the seeds have germinated yet...only id say..like 1/10th..maybe less...so these patches will be much denser soon
Jorkest attached the following image(s):
phal.JPG (106kb) downloaded 618 time(s).
phal2.JPG (120kb) downloaded 615 time(s).
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 2/28/2010 3:35:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great stuff dude! I'll be following in your foot steps when it warms up a bit here. Keep pushing that envelope into dimensions new... Cool

benzyme
#3 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:09:21 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

looking nice
Very happy
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

elofer
#4 Posted : 2/28/2010 7:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definetly following this as well..I have grown this grass but an unexpcted frost killed it outright..you prolly know this jorkest bt brakystachys is very frost sensitive....I haven't tested my clippings yet..should do that soon...the phalaris arundinacea 'turkey red' strain I grew years back was increadibly potent!! an aya brew using an ounce of that grass was almost tooo much!! fetal position time for about an hour!!lol 5-meo is crazy intense!!

jorkest: have you ever made an extract from brachystachy before..if so i'd like to know the results, as in was the experience mostly 5meo or was it mostly nn? anyone else ever grow this plant and experiment with it?
looks liieke its pretty common here in california...I found one patch thts quite large.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 2/28/2010 8:31:31 PM

The Great Namah

I hope your growing goes well. You're gonna need a lot of grass to get any decent yields, but I am anxioulsy awaiting your final results.

I've heard some good thigns about Brachystachy, but most of it was from 1 or 2 vendors trying to sell their seeds. A first hand report from a fellow Nexonian would be most welcome!

I'd absolutly love to be able to use grass. Let's hope it has a clean of a profile as the vendor's originally said. I'd hate to learn that there is 5-meo-dmt in it and that it alters the experience.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 3/1/2010 5:48:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

elofer -> https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9998

that is my first experience with this strain...

also i had some growing last summer..and we finally have got some nicer weather..and it looks like there are some green grass coming out of the pot...its been a cold bitter winter...and it SEEMS like its coming back...so give it a few more months and we will see
it's a sound

Virola78
#7 Posted : 3/1/2010 9:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty grass Smile

Jorkest wrote:
...its been a cold bitter winter...and it SEEMS like its coming back...
If so, that would be great news.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

bufoman
#8 Posted : 3/1/2010 9:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sunlight or light is required for germination of phalaris. Don't cover the seeds with soil... so they can get direct light either natural or artificial.. this will make a huge difference. Also cover with saran wrap to create a greenhouse humid environment then when they sprout, remove the clear wrap and place a bit of soil around the bases to give support.

P. brac is by far one of the hardest strains to grow, also it does not grow by runners which is a pain although they will form little patches.

The Wizard
#9 Posted : 3/18/2010 4:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest messaged me with a picture of his phalaris..seems to be growing well
The Wizard attached the following image(s):
grass.JPG (88kb) downloaded 500 time(s).

yayscience
#10 Posted : 3/18/2010 6:04:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Excellent! Just a bit farther than my friend's brachystachys. Though his Big Medicine is already touching the lamp Smile Looks like there will be a ton more info on this stuff real soon!

Xt
#11 Posted : 3/21/2010 2:17:29 PM

I haven't looked deeply into Phalaris cultivation and alkaloid content. But i would like to ask those that have,
which strain would be considered more suitable for these practices:

Phalaris aquatica/tuberosa Vs Phalaris Aruninacea?

Im in northern Europe, and im sure there is plenty of the stuff around.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ThirdEyeVision
#12 Posted : 3/24/2010 9:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, any idea how large of a patch is needed to get any type of yield? Also how many grams of seed did you use?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Touche Guevara
#13 Posted : 4/5/2010 6:03:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If anyone should encounter the entity formerly known as Jorkest while in hyperspace, bring back word as to how this project is going. Very happy

The Wizard
#14 Posted : 4/5/2010 8:33:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i decided to start a tray of brachy seeds..and i just got my first sprouts! im wicked excited..

neuro_rocket
#15 Posted : 4/5/2010 9:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a hint, If you've got cats make sure they stay away from your sprouts. Last week my cats devastated my sprouts, must have eaten 3/4s of them...
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

Touche Guevara
#16 Posted : 4/5/2010 10:19:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Wizard wrote:
i decided to start a tray of brachy seeds..and i just got my first sprouts! im wicked excited..

Nice. Any idea how much space a person might want to devote to this grass for good positive energy flow?

Oncewas
#17 Posted : 4/7/2010 8:24:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How long did it take about for them to germinate?

neuro_rocket
#18 Posted : 4/25/2010 11:29:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It took mine around 1-3 weeks to germinate, depending on the light and how hot it is. Also, if you clip your plants often and early they will generally start producing seeds early. I would suggest clipping the first plants and letting them go to seed, so the new sprouts will fill in whatever tray you're using.
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

hummus
#19 Posted : 1/20/2011 8:12:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any updates as to how it went Jorkest? Was thinking of growing some brachystachys this year..

shoe
#20 Posted : 1/21/2011 5:37:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know the pharalis was harvested and purified ... and yeilded it's 3% dmt with some 5-meo-dmt in it too. I remember the picture.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

12NEXT