We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
CWE: Decanting and/or egg white tek? Options

psychonautt
#1 Posted : 1/23/2024 6:33:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I want to make a cold water extraction of MHRB. However, I have often seen it stressed that the egg white tek is very important with MHRB. Does this apply to a CWE as well?
Or is it sufficient to carefully decant (e.g. by freezing, decanting, refreezing a couple of times)?

Thanks ahead!
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 1/26/2024 10:25:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried cold water extractions of MHRB a few times.

It is important to realise that cold water extractions (of MHRB) are a lot weaker than almost any other type of extraction. I would say by at least a factor of ten.

There are a few other important differences between CWE's and more conventional extractions:

-MHRB cold water extractions are, though very weakly, orally active without the addition of MAOI's. It doesn't realy give a good impression of a DMT or ayahuasca experience though, because of it's weakness.

-The effect of CWE's is very short lived. Without MAOI'S it's 30 minutes at most, with MAOI's it is a little longer. Up to little over an hour or so.

-CWE's are much more tolerable. The taste is less disgusting. CWE's never made me puke for instance.

I think egg white teks would probably not work for "normal" CWE's. Heating CWE brews would probably destroy the juremamine, wich i believe is the main constituent in cold water extractions.
Maybe if you do a CWE for over several days or even a week though, you would actually pull enough DMT out of the rootbark to be able to do an eggwhite tek on it without rendering the brew inactive.
This is just a guess though.

psychonautt
#3 Posted : 1/27/2024 6:43:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I want to do a CWE but still pre-load with Syrian Rue or harmala HCL before consuming it. I have no interest in a CWE on its own, as I don't see the point considering the wide availability of MAOIs and indeed the wastefulness of it.

From what I've read, the potency of a CWE when combined with a MAOI should be about the same, right? ShamenStamen says a 3 - 5g dose gives a good experience, if I recall correctly.

I've heard several users say that CWEs are indeed less nauseating than brews-- I guess the egg white tek might be somewhat redundant then so long as I decant properly...

I didn't know a CWE + MAOI still gives a shorter experience, never heard that before. That's peculiar. Do you know why that is? Since the ROA and substances are the same, logic says the experience should have about the same duration, no?

Thanks!
“Joy at the smallest things comes to you only when you have accepted death. But if you look out greedily for all that you could still live, then nothing is great enough for your pleasure, and the smallest things that continue to surround you are no longer a joy” -C.G. Jung

"When in the body of a donkey, enjoy the taste of grass." -Tibetan Buddhist saying

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 1/27/2024 10:57:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

psychonautt wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear: I want to do a CWE but still pre-load with Syrian Rue or harmala HCL before consuming it. I have no interest in a CWE on its own, as I don't see the point considering the wide availability of MAOIs and indeed the wastefulness of it.

From what I've read, the potency of a CWE when combined with a MAOI should be about the same, right? ShamenStamen says a 3 - 5g dose gives a good experience, if I recall correctly.

I've heard several users say that CWEs are indeed less nauseating than brews-- I guess the egg white tek might be somewhat redundant then so long as I decant properly...

I didn't know a CWE + MAOI still gives a shorter experience, never heard that before. That's peculiar. Do you know why that is? Since the ROA and substances are the same, logic says the experience should have about the same duration, no?

Thanks!

I've done a CWE three times. The first time i'd tried it without MAOI's, just to see what would happen, and i got a weak, shortlasting experience. The second time, now with MAOI's was stronger, and longer lasting, but i think i did not take a very high dose of MAOI's then, so that could explain the shorter duration. The third time, i took a CWE after a first dose of ayahuasca started to wear off, so maybe i was wrong by assuming that a CWE with MAOI's is always shortlasting.

It is indeed true that with MAOI's it is a lot stronger than without. Almost as strong as a normal brew is. I would say it's still a little weaker though. Maybe 80% of the strength of a normal brew.

So yes you may be right, maybe a CWE with MAOI's will normally last as long as a more conventional brew would.

brokedownpalace10
#5 Posted : 1/27/2024 12:31:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What if one pre-loaded with an MAOI and then tossed and washed the MHRB or ACRB (or mixed it in cold water and drank the lot)?

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 1/27/2024 6:20:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
What if one pre-loaded with an MAOI and then tossed and washed the MHRB or ACRB (or mixed it in cold water and drank the lot)?

I know soaking in cold water works with MHRB. ACRB i'm not so sure of.

brokedownpalace10
#7 Posted : 1/28/2024 12:23:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
brokedownpalace10 wrote:

I really meant downing the powder and all. Would it be as good as a hot water extraction?

psychonautt
#8 Posted : 1/28/2024 5:13:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
brokedownpalace10 wrote:

I really meant downing the powder and all. Would it be as good as a hot water extraction?

That works in the sense that you will trip, you get all the actives. But your innards will thank you for making an extraction. Digesting pure bark (even if powdered) is pretty rough IME.