We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pulling jungle from exhausted MHRB - Limonene Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 2/28/2010 8:34:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is attempting q21q21's limonene tek for pulling the n-oxides, and jungle from his n,n-DMT exhausted MHRB. He's used 225ml of cold limonene to 200g of basified MHRB/vinegar/lime mud (previously A/B extracted with naptha). It's been several hours now and his limonene still appears to be basically completely clear. It doesn't appear to be picking up anything additional from the bark. Should SWIM just wait several more hours? Is it possible that using HOT naptha for his final A/B pulls simply tapped out the MHRB, and there is nothing more to get? Any ideas anyone?

Peace and thank you,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:15:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been over a day now and SWIM's limonene still appears to be virtually clear. Can anyone offer any suggestions here?

I also have another question. Bare with me, as I'm not a chemist, but... What would happen if one did a limonene pull as a first pull, and then did his hot naptha pulls afterward? Is it likely that the limonene would pull the impurities, and then the following naptha pulls would yield pure white spice?

Thanks,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

q21q21
#3 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:30:26 AM

SWIM

seems odd that the limonene wouldn't pick up anything SWIM has not measured the yield of jungle pulls following naptha pulls but there definitely was some jungle left.

The limonene will not get very dark. The new pics in the tek show what it should look like. SWIM is on the 3rd naptha pull of a 150g extraction, he'll record the results from using limonene after.

In theory the limonene should pull some stuff.

Any about the second question:
limonene is actually a better solvent for N-N-DMT and N-N-DMT-oxide than it is for jungle so it will pull that FIRST.
SWIM's tests ending in acetates made light red-orange for first 2 pulls and darker red-brown in the second 2.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 3/1/2010 9:04:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gotcha! Good to know. SWIM will trudge forward with the limo pull and see what he gets. It's possible that the dark colored glass pot he is using is hiding the tint in the limo.

Good to know on the 2nd question too. This saves some valuable experimentation time (although he still might try it just for fun). Smile

q21q21 - Please thank your SWIM! He's been a tremendous help all along! You guys, as well as others on this forum are doing an amazing job pioneering "GreenTEK". I for one really appreciate the work you have all done. My swim was on the verge of hanging up the lab coat due to the use of caustic materials, and just not wanting to deal with them any longer. Your's, Amor Fati's, 69Ron's, and many other's efforts have change SWIM's world in so many helpful ways.

EDIT: Just realized that you have greatly updated the tek post (as you just told me), which answered most of my questions. There's also a lot of nice enhancements to the thread tek. It's looking good! Time to get it on the wiki bro!! Very happy

Lastly - Would hot limonene make any difference in yield at all (rather than cold) for the final pulls? It's a simple step for SWIM, and if he's going to do an acid wash anyway, he might as well get the greatest yield of homogenous alks as possible, and see what goodies he can pull out of that.

Peace!
-idt

-Terence McKenna

q21q21
#5 Posted : 3/1/2010 4:18:54 PM

SWIM

idtravlr wrote:

Lastly - Would hot limonene make any difference in yield at all (rather than cold) for the final pulls? It's a simple step for SWIM, and if he's going to do an acid wash anyway, he might as well get the greatest yield of homogenous alks as possible, and see what goodies he can pull out of that.

Peace!
-idt

Heating won't help.
SWIM isolated the freebase jungle and no more was dissolved in the limonene when heated than when it was at room temp. It was quite amazing actually.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

idtravlr
#6 Posted : 3/2/2010 10:17:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 - Just a quick update here. Indeed, my limo wash was a medium dark pee color. The brown glass dish made it difficult for me to see the color change. Because of that I did my limo soak for 2 full days, and then washed with 50ml of 5% vinegar. I actually put the limo and vinegar in a canning jar for warming and shaking purposes, and then just poured that into the ziplock bag to settle and separate. My first pull was extremely dark (darker than the limo), so I'm hoping I got lot of goodies. Did a couple more pulls which were pretty clear. I'm evaping now, and will probably make a changa out of this.

To make the changa I can just free base the goo(after the vinegar evap), add some limo back in to make a basified goo, mix in my herbs, and leave to evap again right? Then I'll have jungle changa?

One final question. would there be any value in doing a freeze precip of the vinegar extraction, or is this chemically inaccurate?

Thanks again for all the help! Peace,
-idt

-Terence McKenna