We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
. Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 2/28/2010 7:12:57 AM

SWIM

Ya wrote:
What are some good ideas the folks here have come up with recently about Food-Safe Non-Toxic DMT Extraction?

I'm imagining there must be some surprisingly simple way to extract from Finely Powdered MHRB... lemon juice?

I know, I'm dreaming. But seriously, my imaginary friend ordered 2kg, and he sure would like to keep it simple. Very happy

Has anyone seen a nice explanation somewhere with a few PHOTOS of a simple organic extraction/evaporation?

PS - I'm going to use hot-springs water: clean (only 1.7mg/L) and naturally alkaline (PH 9.9) will that be fine?

If you want DMT for oral use in pharmahuasca (with an MAOI) then you can keep it non-toxic and super simple by just brewing with water, with or without an acid (lemon, vinegar, etc)

Of course if you'd like a smokable product you'll need in most cases a solvent to separate the DMT from the water. This can be food-safe D-limonene or some of the more toxic ones, Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA 99%), Acetone,Lighter Fluid (Naptha), Xylene/Toluene.

The PH of 9.9 in theory could help, but really I've has never had success with sodium carbonate which is supposed to bring it to 11.5.

The best non-toxic base to use is Calcium Hydroxide or Lime. It's found at hardware stores or groceries as garden lime and pickling lime respectively.

It would be easier if I just told you to look at my tek (in my signature) except you'll be using the bottom tek with limonene. It's 100% non-toxic that way. If you happen to have some fumaric acid (it's not common) then you can get a solid product slightly purer product in the end, though it works best with acetone and is iffy with water.

Anyway though some of the methods claim to be more efficient, this tek will do the job.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

blueskine
#2 Posted : 2/28/2010 7:29:20 AM

D.

Swim has taken the food safe DMT acetate and kept it in a food dehydrator at around 120f for about 3-4 days and because of the acetic acid will start evaporating at around 109f you can get smokable DMT it just takes a long dry cycle. Look up my post about burning off the acetate for better instructions.
"It is always good to act crazy first because later you can appear normal" -Hunter S. Thompson

"...eyes open, everything is as it was."

amor_fati
#3 Posted : 2/28/2010 12:18:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

q21q21
#4 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:29:04 PM

SWIM

Ya wrote:
Oops, already I can see my first mistake in thinking. I thought the non-toxic D-limonene was going to REPLACE the non-toxic Naptha.

Looking at your nice tek q21q21, I now realize: Naptha, or lighter fuel, is still the essential solvent to extract pure white DMT.

So D-limonene is only helpful for those who want to extract from the "left-overs" some yellow-DMT-oxides and red-Jungle-alkaloids?

So D-limonene is a non-toxic solvent that pulls out too much (it even pulls the oxides and the jungle, it doesn't result in pure DMT.)

And naptha, or lighter fuel, is a toxic-solvent, that pulls out just the right molecule (namely the pure DMT molecule I want to smoke.)

Well, since my goal is to smoke pure DMT (no 5meO, no oxides, no jungle) I guess I'll simply use naptha as suggested in q21q21's tek.

If my current understanding is correct, we still haven't found a non-toxic solvent that pulls out just the DMT molecule, is that right?

Please forgive my ignorance, and please feel free to correct me. I guess naptha is OK, I just wish we could find a perfect citrus solvent.

SWIM's full-alkaloid section was still in it's beta-version when he posted the reply. It now tells you that you can OMIT the naptha for a 100% food safe product. It will be a goo, not too harsh, lemony actually. smokable and incredible nonetheless.

SWIM's not too good at writing for first-timers, he's working on it.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

q21q21
#5 Posted : 2/28/2010 7:47:37 PM

SWIM

@Ya.

Just note that many people not only don't even care whether DMT is white and "pure" or not.

But many people, SWIM included, PREFERs yellow N-oxides or full-alkaloid "jimjam"

The experience is more visual and more grounded. The visuals not only are more colorful but the entities tend to be more human and friendlier.

That being said SWIM recommends to try both to see which one you like better. Doing 1 extraction with naptha won't kill you Razz
Once you get the white spice you can check that off and use limonene from there-after. SWIM extracts with limonene mostly now anyway.

Really when you are using a butane lighter you are pretty much smoking naptha anyway, it burns int Water and Carbon Dioxide.

Heptane is apparently is a slightly better solvent for pure DMT but SWIM can't find any locally and naptha works just fine.
As for toxicity. SWIM teaches gymnastics and still works out 3 times a week without any discernible effects from about a dozen naptha extractions...

random
#6 Posted : 2/28/2010 9:31:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

my buddy SWIM wanted me to pop in and say that Q21Q21's TEK is awesome! when SWIM first read your post he had every intention of referring you to it, then the man himself stepped in and answered your questions. please have your friend post his results!

narmz
#7 Posted : 2/28/2010 9:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recommends never using Naptha. Heptane is much more selective, and less stanky. You only need a tiny bit o' heptane to purify, and you can re-use it a couple times. SWIM'd rather use anything other than Naptha(like Acetone or IPA), with a lime tek - cause they don't gotta be immiscible with water like the lye teks, just gotta be able to pull spice.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 2/28/2010 10:24:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Don't skimp on reducing the toxicity of an extraction, nor on retrieving all the goodies from that bark. SWIM occasionally uses heptane in the manner posted in that conversion tek simply to grow pretty crystals and to revisit the pure DMT experience on occasion. Otherwise, whether vaping or with pharma, he goes with full-range jurema (MHRB) spice. Get it all with limonene, and if you wish to purify later, you'll have the option (only do a small amount at a time, as it will oxidize rather quickly and become quite oily). Bestine is apparently pure heptane, whereas naphtha is a wide range of solvents (heptane, among others, if memory serves SWIM) and quite nasty. Heptane also evaps much more rapidly and pulls much more cleanly.

Love your signature, by the way. Great advice.

Dimitrius
#9 Posted : 2/28/2010 10:52:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ Everything he just said.

Plus, going the heptane recrystallization route, you will only have to use a small amount of toxic solvent.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Dimitrius
#10 Posted : 3/1/2010 4:56:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem Ya.....ya.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi