We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anti-Depressants and Smoked DMT???? Options

Darkbb
#1 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:17:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was wondering what would happen if he smoked dmt during a time that he has been taking paxil.

He takes a Paxil (30mg) every morning and would only smoke DMT in the later evening. Would there be any drug interactions?

I appreciate any feedback!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes <<<----<<<---- that is how I'm feeling right now nigga's lol! I'm going to go trip up stairs in my bedroom peace!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 2/28/2010 12:04:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Darkbb wrote:
SWIM was wondering what would happen if he smoked dmt during a time that he has been taking paxil.

He takes a Paxil (30mg) every morning and would only smoke DMT in the later evening. Would there be any drug interactions?

I appreciate any feedback!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes <<<----<<<---- that is how I'm feeling right now nigga's lol! I'm going to go trip up stairs in my bedroom peace!

SWIM is not a doctor, but he tells me that there should be no serious concerns about this combination. There have been reports of contraindications of SSRI's or SNRI's that seem to "block" the spice experience, but he thinks that's only in high doses of the anti-depressant.

SWIM does not know of any dangerous side effects to worry about, so he thinks you should be fine giving it a whirl.

SWIM also thinks you will find that with appropriate use of the Spice over time, you will be able to wean off of the Paxil, and not need it any more. At least that worked for him (he was using a different anti-d, for anxiety) but spice pretty much cured the cause, and not just mask his symptoms.

EDIT Do NOT use any MAOI's or RIMA's while taking Paxil however. This can be dangerous!

Hope that helps!
Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Spiced
#3 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:16:09 PM

Terra Incognita

No problem at all, i take Seroxat (same as Paxil, other name, trash BTW) a quarter of 300mg, but used to take wholes and there's never been any problems with that.

Ofcoarse like IDtraveller said, do not combine this with MAOI's or you'll going into a Serotonin syndrome, that will most likely kill you, so don't use Ayahuasca untill you are off the "medication", but i guess you knew that already.

So, no, there's no problem combining smoked DMT with SSRI's. Razz

Oncewas
#4 Posted : 2/28/2010 9:07:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SSRIS don't leave the blood for 30 days though. So you can't just not take ssris for a day and then take an maoi. I believe

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 3/1/2010 4:43:39 PM

The Great Namah

Metta wrote:
SSRIS don't leave the blood for 30 days though. So you can't just not take ssris for a day and then take an maoi. I believe

Some, like Prozac, take 6-8 WEEKS to leave the bloodstream. Nasty things SSRIs.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.