We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Concerns with headaches after vaping Options

Mikrotripper
#1 Posted : 1/12/2024 7:03:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings all, DMT noob here.

I had my first DMT experience a few days ago, amazing stuff!

I did my own, room temp extraction following this amazingly detailed guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFdi3V69GI0

I followed everything to the last detail, my naphtha evap test left no residue, I was extremely careful not to draw any of the base layer, and I got nice fluffy white crystals from every pull. So as far as I can tell, my sht is clean!

I got nice and comfy, and I must have done 3-4 sub breathrough sessions back to back, trying to get a breakthrough. They were all very interesting experiences.

I woke up in the middle of that night with a splitting headache, and 4-5 days later the headache is still sort of lingering in the backround...

Did I take too much? Might my spice be contaminated?
I've had headaches before with acid and found that dehydration was the issue, could this be happening here too?

I also have a bit of a neck issue which can cause headaches sometimes (herniated disc), I read somewhere that perhaps the constricting properties DMT has may affect this...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I would like to try again without my brain exploding!

Cheers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MacElf_234
#2 Posted : 1/12/2024 10:36:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello deh…I’m not a doctor, but my dad was one. 4- 5 days later lingering head ache : Not good.
Hydration is important. Most people do not get enough water. WATER.
That said, you might want to consider seeing a doctor, although he or she would probably want to run some scans, and tell you to stop vaping. Take care of your body. Err on the side of caution.
Best wishes.

The_Embalmer
#3 Posted : 1/12/2024 10:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mikrotripper wrote:
Greetings all, DMT noob here.

I had my first DMT experience a few days ago, amazing stuff!

I did my own, room temp extraction following this amazingly detailed guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFdi3V69GI0

I followed everything to the last detail, my naphtha evap test left no residue, I was extremely careful not to draw any of the base layer, and I got nice fluffy white crystals from every pull. So as far as I can tell, my sht is clean!

I got nice and comfy, and I must have done 3-4 sub breathrough sessions back to back, trying to get a breakthrough. They were all very interesting experiences.

I woke up in the middle of that night with a splitting headache, and 4-5 days later the headache is still sort of lingering in the backround...

Did I take too much? Might my spice be contaminated?
I've had headaches before with acid and found that dehydration was the issue, could this be happening here too?

I also have a bit of a neck issue which can cause headaches sometimes (herniated disc), I read somewhere that perhaps the constricting properties DMT has may affect this...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I would like to try again without my brain exploding!

Cheers

What was your method of vaping?
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Mikrotripper
#4 Posted : 1/12/2024 10:46:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MacElf_234 wrote:
Hello deh…I’m not a doctor, but my dad was one. 4- 5 days later lingering head ache : Not good.
Hydration is important. Most people do not get enough water. WATER.
That said, you might want to consider seeing a doctor, although he or she would probably want to run some scans, and tell you to stop vaping. Take care of your body. Err on the side of caution.
Best wishes.

Thanks for the response!

Will do on the water, will see a doc if it persists. It's not that bad at the moment, just barely there.

Mikrotripper
#5 Posted : 1/12/2024 10:50:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The_Embalmer wrote:

What was your method of vaping?

Thanks for the response!

My method of vaping was as desribed in the video above, i.e. I made a cart with 300mg DMT and PG 2:1 and used it on a regular vape pen at the minimum temp setting (2.8V if I'm not mistaken). It did produce a nice cloud.

The_Embalmer
#6 Posted : 1/12/2024 11:02:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed sometimes the PG juice can give me a headache with carts. That's what I always chalked it up to cause I never seem to get the same problems when using just freebase.

Also it is always a good idea to stay hydrated and make sure your physical health is in check before heading into hyperspace.

Just basics like diet, excersise and good sleep can make a world of difference for how the alkaloid will interact with you.

Hope you end up feeling better though man!
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Mikrotripper
#7 Posted : 1/12/2024 11:33:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The_Embalmer wrote:
I've noticed sometimes the PG juice can give me a headache with carts. That's what I always chalked it up to cause I never seem to get the same problems when using just freebase.

Also it is always a good idea to stay hydrated and make sure your physical health is in check before heading into hyperspace.

Just basics like diet, excersise and good sleep can make a world of difference for how the alkaloid will interact with you.

Thanks buddy!

My physical health is top notch at the moment mate, eating healthy, working out and sleeping well. Hydration may be an issue, but damn that was a nasty headache!

As far as the PG goes, don't they use it in THC carts as well? I use those regularly and never had such issues...

Maybe I need to switch to changa!

The_Embalmer
#8 Posted : 1/12/2024 11:41:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mikrotripper wrote:
The_Embalmer wrote:

Thanks buddy!

My physical health is top notch at the moment mate, eating healthy, working out and sleeping well. Hydration may be an issue, but damn that was a nasty headache!

As far as the PG goes, don't they use it in THC carts as well? I use those regularly and never had such issues...

Maybe I need to switch to changa!

Ya I mean truth be told I don't know too much about what happened there for ya then, and I mean I can only speak off personal experiences too which i am also a noob, I just only noticed I'd get headaches when using carts but there could have been a lot of other factors at play too and when i was using carts was for a brief period over the course of a couple weeks and when i did get headaches they werent that bad. I also wasnt the one who extracted the spice it was a close friend. Bout to be doing my first ever extract here next week.
So that's exciting but ya im not sure honestly.

Really doesn't sound fun though and sorry you had to go through that!

Hope you are able to figure out the issue so you can stop it from happening for yourself again

Best of luck!

Mikrotripper
#9 Posted : 1/12/2024 11:49:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@the_embalmer Thanks bud! Hope I get to the bottom of this too!