We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need a high yield tek for 500 MHRB extraction (other than max ion tek) Options

armin
#1 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:41:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello again. In past month I Successfully extracted with

Cyb salt tek
max ion tek
Vovin tek (A/B)

But all with 50-100 MHRB
Need to find a tek for 500gr

I got lab equipment
Seperatory funnel
Hot plate / stirre
1 & 2 liter lab pyrex

Please advise 🙏

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/9/2024 5:15:23 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

armin,

You will not like this answer, but I always encourage sticking with small scale extractions. And those who are scientifically versed here, such as benzyme, have said outright that small extractions give consistently higher yields.

There are other issues - like if on the small chance something goes terribly wrong and your extraction turns out to be unsalvageable then you aren't out all of your ingredients.

Also, Nexus frowns on bulk extractions. It hints at commerce, involves large amounts of explosive fuel and has the potential to both end your life as your know it and bring very bad press down on our beloved molecule.

Please stay safe, free and high.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Homo Trypens
#3 Posted : 1/9/2024 7:06:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

As someone who has done extractions ranging from 50g bark to nearly 500g bark, i can confirm the thing about smaller extractions yielding better. Or rather, it just always took a bunch of extra work to get my yield up when i went larger than 150g.

The reason is actually simple, based in geometry. Let's assume for a moment that you extract in a cube shaped flask. If you double the side length of your cube, you 8x the volume it can hold, but you only 4x the contact surface of the two solvents (water and naphtha). Therefore, pulls become less efficient.

armin
#4 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
armin,

You will not like this answer, but I always encourage sticking with small scale extractions. And those who are scientifically versed here, such as benzyme, have said outright that small extractions give consistently higher yields.

There are other issues - like if on the small chance something goes terribly wrong and your extraction turns out to be unsalvageable then you aren't out all of your ingredients.

Also, Nexus frowns on bulk extractions. It hints at commerce, involves large amounts of explosive fuel and has the potential to both end your life as your know it and bring very bad press down on our beloved molecule.

Please stay safe, free and high.

Thank you. Safety is my priority too
So is health. Prefer to to work with / inhale naphtha less
Plus each pull take around 45 min
And less you extract = less chance of accidents

I just want to do less work for the bark I got. Is it evem nessasary to use a lot of fuel for more bark? I mean 50ml of naphtha can theoretically hold 1 gram of spice. The bark I have is low quality so even 1% cannot be reached when I followed all of the above teks to the t.
+ I prefer to use less solvent

I found this tek on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r...un_cold_brew_extraction/

In this tek you just filter and reduce the liquid so lye and naphtha volume doesn't change much for extracting 10X root bark. Is this possible in your opinion?

p.s: DMT is not illegal were I live. It's not legal either

armin
#5 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
As someone who has done extractions ranging from 50g bark to nearly 500g bark, i can confirm the thing about smaller extractions yielding better. Or rather, it just always took a bunch of extra work to get my yield up when i went larger than 150g.

The reason is actually simple, based in geometry. Let's assume for a moment that you extract in a cube shaped flask. If you double the side length of your cube, you 8x the volume it can hold, but you only 4x the contact surface of the two solvents (water and naphtha). Therefore, pulls become less efficient.

Thanks. This is what I observed too comparing salt tek and max ion tek for 50gr of MHRB. The max ion tek liquid volume is just too much (adding 1L of salinted water)

OK. So what tek do you advise for 150- preferably 200 grams?
And please take a look at this 🙏

https://www.reddit.com/r...un_cold_brew_extraction/

He keeps the volume down. You think this will work?

fractals4life
#6 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't call anything over 1% "low quality", personally Smile

But yeah, in A/B teks you can reduce the acidified bark tea down to a more manageble volume, after the plant matter is filtered out, by simmering. You do several brews of the bark tea with new acid water every time so the water isn't very DMT saturated and will coax the DMT salts out of the plant. Then simmer down the several litres of tea to, say, 500ml then proceed to base and pull in a 1L container as per 50g amounts.

Don't throw out the bark until you're happy you got the lot out of it in the brews ( in practice this means trying your favorite method on 50g of the leftovers and seeing if you get anything significant, I suppose )

So, not much more effort, but you'll need some saucepans to simmer the tea down in.

Disclaimer ... I've not tried this yet, but read a lot Smile

fractals4life
#7 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just took a look at the link you posted, just about what I said above Smile

armin
#8 Posted : 1/9/2024 10:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractals4life wrote:
I wouldn't call anything over 1% "low quality", personally Smile

But yeah, in A/B teks you can reduce the acidified bark tea down to a more manageble volume, after the plant matter is filtered out, by simmering. You do several brews of the bark tea with new acid water every time so the water isn't very DMT saturated and will coax the DMT salts out of the plant. Then simmer down the several litres of tea to, say, 500ml then proceed to base and pull in a 1L container as per 50g amounts.

Don't throw out the bark until you're happy you got the lot out of it in the brews ( in practice this means trying your favorite method on 50g of the leftovers and seeing if you get anything significant, I suppose )

So, not much more effort, but you'll need some saucepans to simmer the tea down in.

Disclaimer ... I've not tried this yet, but read a lot Smile

Thank you. So it's doable
I kinda think A/B will yield more
I Don't understand why Cyb was against boiling the brew

I found another thing on Nexus on max ion tek
Cyb Said that no matter the amount of bark
We should just keep the right PH in each phase
Only problem is amount of plant material in a X liter bottle

He said 200gr MHRB can be extracted in a 2L bottle
And his only reason was plant material/water ratio
Solvant should move with ease in the brew
So if we keep them out with filtration 400-500 gr tea in a 1L bottle will be OK🤔

fractals4life
#9 Posted : 1/9/2024 11:08:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

possible hitches:

If your bark is powdered it'll be a pain to filter!

I think over boiling can tend to coagulate tannins and trap DMT perhaps, I know the only time I tried A/B so far (150g) I got some nasty gelatinous sludge as well as the tea, and yields down somewhat, that was with fairly full on boiling though.

Good luck! The main hitch is the " all eggs in one basket" factor if you're using up the last of your bark.

armin
#10 Posted : 1/10/2024 12:22:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractals4life wrote:
possible hitches:

If your bark is powdered it'll be a pain to filter!

I think over boiling can tend to coagulate tannins and trap DMT perhaps, I know the only time I tried A/B so far (150g) I got some nasty gelatinous sludge as well as the tea, and yields down somewhat, that was with fairly full on boiling though.

Good luck! The main hitch is the " all eggs in one basket" factor if you're using up the last of your bark.

Yep. done the filtration from powder bark before. But found some tricks
First I use a cloth bag. Then use bochne funnel with filter papers (2X)
The result is a very clear liquid

I should take another look into vovin tek
See how he done done it

And about the eggs. You are right 😅
But 1 hour hot pulls (×6) for 100 gr is driving me crazy

Asswhole
#11 Posted : 1/10/2024 5:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL you don't need that much DMT homie are you mad? Why?
Try to extract something like 5oz it's enough.......

armin
#12 Posted : 1/11/2024 1:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The quality of MHRB I can get is so bad that I get 0.8 gram DMT from 100 gram bark (tried many teks). So 500 gram only give 4 gram of spice. Really not much considering how many we are. And we wanted to make E-juice too. Which is not feasible with this yield 🙄

acacian
#13 Posted : 1/11/2024 2:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:
The quality of MHRB I can get is so bad that I get 0.8 gram DMT from 100 gram bark (tried many teks). So 500 gram only give 4 gram of spice. Really not much considering how many we are. And we wanted to make E-juice too. Which is not feasible with this yield 🙄

To put things into perspective for you.. In Australia we are used to using plants that have 0.3-0.4% that often vary greatly depending on season/weather.. a plant with anything above 0.6% is seen as pretty high yielding and is very special!

I'm perplexed how anyone could ever find 0.8% to be 'bad'.. when you remember there are about 25 high doses per gram of DMT. Multiply that by 4 and you have 100 breakthroughs. In what way is that disappointing? Its not my business what you do with your extract but if 100 high doses is disappointing I have to wonder what you are doing with it.

Remember that Mimosa is an insanely high yielding plant. It has set the bar REALLY high.. and the bark is already powdered for you and brought to your door. No travel, no learning to ID the plant, no harvesting, no drying and processing material .. its been grown, harvested and is ready to go - so most of the work is already done.. and it has 4 grams of very pure DMT in it ready to be extracted in a simple process. If the yield is a little lower then I wouldn't be too disappointed. That is still very little work for a lot of reward..

The mindset of it being a 'bad product' seems like its approaching it as a commodity .. it is a beautiful gift from nature. And it is a plant.. they vary..

Sorry but I had to say that.. not meant as an attack.. just a reminder that you are very lucky to have such a high yielding resource. And I think always good to remember what it came from..

good luck with your extraction/s Smile
acacian attached the following image(s):
47998ca3fd1c4f4d5116cfc5634264b4-1997328521.png (188kb) downloaded 72 time(s).

armin
#14 Posted : 1/11/2024 7:39:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
armin wrote:

To put things into perspective for you.. In Australia we are used to using plants that have 0.3-0.4% that often vary greatly depending on season/weather.. a plant with anything above 0.6% is seen as pretty high yielding and is very special!

I'm perplexed how anyone could ever find 0.8% to be 'bad'.. when you remember there are about 25 high doses per gram of DMT. Multiply that by 4 and you have 100 breakthroughs. In what way is that disappointing? Its not my business what you do with your extract but if 100 high doses is disappointing I have to wonder what you are doing with it.

Remember that Mimosa is an insanely high yielding plant. It has set the bar REALLY high.. and the bark is already powdered for you and brought to your door. No travel, no learning to ID the plant, no harvesting, no drying and processing material .. its been grown, harvested and is ready to go - so most of the work is already done.. and it has 4 grams of very pure DMT in it ready to be extracted in a simple process. If the yield is a little lower then I wouldn't be too disappointed. That is still very little work for a lot of reward..

The mindset of it being a 'bad product' seems like its approaching it as a commodity .. it is a beautiful gift from nature. And it is a plant.. they vary..

Sorry but I had to say that.. not meant as an attack.. just a reminder that you are very lucky to have such a high yielding resource. And I think always good to remember what it came from..

good luck with your extraction/s Smile

Thank you

What I can get here is whole pieces of MHRB and 10X the price you can get it
Then I have to cut and then powder it

Everywhere on Nexus and reddit people talk about 2-3% yield
So 0.8% feels like a failure to me comparing to things I read

Dosage here is usually 50mg to breakthrough. We don't have proper devices so we use the machine. Maybe not yet gotten the hang of it. So we overload it I think 🤣

Still I prefer to get best possible result
It's a challenge to master home extraction + Finding the best tek

I know many walked on this path but can't find their result here

acacian
#15 Posted : 1/11/2024 8:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Of course. I can understand that when comparing it to other yields it seems disappointing.. but when you look at that yield for what it is, its actually really good.. my plant of choice here in oz is usually around 0.3-0.4%

As long as your yield is lower because of the plant and not your method of extraction then it shouldn't feel like a failure - as its out of your hands. If it is lower because of something in your technique.. then revision is in order Smile

If you are thorough with any A/B, you should pretty much get everything out if you do enough pulls and mix for long enough. I'd personally avoid blindly following any recipe to the T and focus on understanding the theory behind the process. Then you can make your own decisions if something goes wrong .. plant chemistry fluctuates.. so I think to assume that extraction is static is a mistake. Sometimes adapting extraction accordingly is required. Experiment .. if you don't throw out your material then the DMT isn't going anywhere Smile

armin
#16 Posted : 1/12/2024 1:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
Of course. I can understand that when comparing it to other yields it seems disappointing.. but when you look at that yield for what it is, its actually really good.. my plant of choice here in oz is usually around 0.3-0.4%

As long as your yield is lower because of the plant and not your method of extraction then it shouldn't feel like a failure - as its out of your hands. If it is lower because of something in your technique.. then revision is in order Smile

If you are thorough with any A/B, you should pretty much get everything out if you do enough pulls and mix for long enough. I'd personally avoid blindly following any recipe to the T and focus on understanding the theory behind the process. Then you can make your own decisions if something goes wrong .. plant chemistry fluctuates.. so I think to assume that extraction is static is a mistake. Sometimes adapting extraction accordingly is required. Experiment .. if you don't throw out your material then the DMT isn't going anywhere Smile

I have the feeling that A/B tek will have the the best result
The spice usually is more yellow. I will compare to A/B teks in next extractions