We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jester's Challenge Options

CatsPawTea
#1 Posted : 1/2/2024 4:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dosage: 12mg on eMesh (possibly 13, the scale was being iffy)
Shulgin Scale: +++

Pre-flight:
15 minutes of meditation, not enough for a deep samadhi but enough for a light altered state.

Meat & Potatoes:
After exhaling almost instantly the high pitched ringing of the carrier wave started and amplified progressively. Within a few moments it became so overwhelming that I felt the need to close my eyes. I saw a plethora of patterns and lights, which at times seemed to form a colourful, laughing jester face.

The ringing was still amplifying, now accompanied by an undertone of laughter. For a moment I was worried that it would damage my ears, but realized it's not physical. I was still sitting in meditative posture and in a weird way felt ridiculously calm. The moment felt like a dichotomy between panic and peace, presenting a choice. I leaned into the latter and the ringing wave amplified even further.

I felt like I was the eye of the storm. Calm and relaxed "inside" and chaos ripping apart "outside". I felt like the jester was satisfied. I found all of a sudden that I could control the amplitude of the ringing. I could "turn it down" or ramp it back up. There seemed to be an upper limit, I figured it was the peak of what the dose would allow. I felt very powerful and in control, very pleased and happy. It felt like the jester had presented me a challenge which I completed.

Descent & Landing:
Once the trip began to subside I opened my eyes and laughed for a moment, breaking posture and sinking back into the couch. What came to mind is the typical day-to-day stresses that can "break composure" and how, similar to the carrier wave, they can feel so overwhelming and consuming. My mind went to the pentagram.

When the fifth point [spirit] of the pentagram is pointed downwards, the magician is at the mercy of the elements [the other four points] -- letting the situation make them reactive. However when the pentagram is pointing upwards, then magician is said to be in control of the elements, not letting them effect his chosen inner state.

Similarly in Buddhism when a Bodhisatva practices the six paramitas, while they give the self to the aim of helping others, the ability to remain in meditative absorption and recognizing emptiness through prajna [wisdom] is the deciding factor between accumulating or burning karma -- whether one tangles themselves deeper into suffering [samsara] or embraces liberation [nirvana].

*Attached AI image based on trip report
CatsPawTea attached the following image(s):
76ff5b16-adfb-4e57-8910-506dde91a5a4.png (2,504kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Quetzal7
#2 Posted : 1/2/2024 6:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this accurate report; it sounds familiar =)