We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accessible sources of MAOIs? Options

Above the Sky
#1 Posted : 12/29/2023 5:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

B. caapi and syrian rue are the most famous sources of monoamine oxidase inhibitors for psychonauts, but are there any more readily available ones? Pharmaceutical MAOIs can't be bought without a prescription where I live but I was thinking that maybe some common foodstuffs might have sufficient doses? Or possibly even cigarettes? I can procure B. caapi from the same source where I get my MHRB but I'm feeling curious and figured if anyone would know it'd be you guys.
All content posted by this account refers to my fictional alter-ego who doesn't exist in this or any other documented reality. However, they are all written in the first person because ma English no be too good and conjugation is being very hard to me.

Both my alter ego and I love you very much. And yes, I specifically mean you, who are reading this right now. You deserve all this love and much more.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/29/2023 6:03:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lists of Ξ²-carboline alkaloid source plants are out there for the finding - even a little dedication and effort will be rewarded with knowledge. Whichever plant may turn out to be the most practical, or the most rewarding, depends on your situation and your capabilities.

Blackcurrants are more likely to be of use than tobacco where, afaik, harmalas are trace products of pyrolysis for the most part. Some rustica tobacco may be richer in suitable alkaloids but there is always the problem of nicotine being dangerously toxic, not to mention physically addictive.

If you are somewhere where Syrian rue is remotely accessible, just use that - I've struggled to cultivate it, however.. Otherwise, consider growing caapi. If you have a lot of temperate outdoor gardening space, it may be worth getting to know sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) or/and various of the Elaeagnus species, e.g. Russian olive or autumn olive.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Above the Sky
#3 Posted : 12/29/2023 9:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I were in a situation where I can grow my own plants... well, one day hopefully I will be. Thanks a lot.
All content posted by this account refers to my fictional alter-ego who doesn't exist in this or any other documented reality. However, they are all written in the first person because ma English no be too good and conjugation is being very hard to me.

Both my alter ego and I love you very much. And yes, I specifically mean you, who are reading this right now. You deserve all this love and much more.