We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
are there some people who never encounter dmt entities? Options

ilisuc
#1 Posted : 12/29/2023 4:53:04 PM

wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username

dmt entities..or dmtities. im in the hundreds now for number of dmt trips. still not encountered any entity. i wonder if i never will? maybe some people's brains are not wired to present such encounters in a trip experience. not sure if im pleased, disappointed, or indifferent about never having encountered any but i am curious as to why it might be this way. maybe part of me does feel like im missing out on such an intriguing characteristic of so many people's trips. actually the first time i ever heard of dmt was from someone who told me about a trip in which he interacted with entities. i'd only done shrooms and acid at that point and the idea of a true hallucination while tripping was not something i'd experienced before, i remember being fascinated.
anyone other heavily experienced dmt users that never encountered any dmtities out there?

<333 lots of love
-wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

CatsPawTea
#2 Posted : 12/29/2023 6:12:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't speak from personal experience since my experience has been almost polar opposite where I sometimes end up seeing entities on sub-breakthrough doses even... BUT...

I've been exploring looking at entities from the same perspective that Carl Jung had near the end of his career, which is more or less the same perspective that Plato had in regard to "Daimons" -- which were considered to be beings that existed in the soul (greek: Psyche) and were intermediaries between Spirit and Matter -- the world of Gods and the world of humans. Essentially Jung believed that manifestations of archetypes, alien encounters, mystical experiences, etc... Were not subjective nor objective, but both -- they had objective existence outside of our subjective selves BUT when they manifested it would be through a form or appearance that fit the subject. So whether someone sees the virgin Mary or an alien with a spaceship was just a matter of which psyche was perceiving the archetypal force manifesting out of the collective unconscious.

OK now.. how do I think this relates to your post? (Sorry for the longwinded pre-explanation)... Jung noticed that for some individuals archetypes would not appear as manifestations in dreams or visions, but rather as projections on to the space around them. This would happen when an archetype is deeper repressed than is typical... So as an example if someone is EXTREMELY timid and had repressed all their aggressive tendencies then they may never get to see a Mars-like (warrior) archetype in their dreams, visions, trips, imagination... Instead they would start seeing the world as more violent and aggressive, they would start to perceive things as more aggressive than they actually are.

Am I implying that perhaps there are certain archetypes/daimons that tend to manifest as DMT entities which are repressed in you? Not exactly, I don't know you well enough to say that. I'm instead proposing a possible theory, and it is up to you to determine if it sounds like an avenue worth exploring or not.

IF YOU DO choose to explore this possibility... My personal recommendation would be to learn how to lucid dream and use that as a spring board to make a journey through your personal unconscious into the collective. Typically you would start with "easy to reach" archetypes, like your Shadow and Anima/Animus. Once you develop a good relationship with those two, integrate them into your own whole self, then they should become very powerful allies in navigating the INFINITELY LARGE sea of the collective unconscious.

To be 100% honest... I would recommend this type of deep work on the self to anyone and everyone, not just to people trying to figure out why there's no DMT entities in their DMT trips... HOWEVER please be warned: the deeper you go, the quicker you will face things that will deeply disturb you. If these things were not repulsive/terrifying/disturbing then they wouldn't be repressed in the first place.

There are very real dangers and Jung witnessed many inexplicable things in his study of the collective unconscious, things that seem mystical and impossible, things that don't stay limited to the mind but alter our own body and the physical reality around us.

If you choose to take such a journey then the advice of "integrate, integrate, integrate" becomes ever more vital. You would quite literally be opening up your own personal pandora's box.

murklan
#3 Posted : 12/29/2023 11:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great questions!

I've been thinking about the same things myself. I've not been obsessed with it but I've wondered... Since I've first begun exploring the DMT-space I've never had an encounter with something I would call a entity. That must now been hundred of trips during the last years.
I've experienced feeling a presence sometimes, a presence of some 'other'. And I've seen mental images of characters, but they have been more like images, pre-made films and such. Not living flesh. I distinguish this from a feeling that I sometimes (often) experience of that the experience is real. 'More real then real' as you sometime read others write about it. But the entities I've seen doesn't feel real in this sense.
When I've felt that I'm somehow different in this aspect I've wondered if it has something to do with autism. I'm quite certain that I'm on that spectrum but I've sometime wonder. I.e. 'theory of mind'.

'CatsPawTea' That is interesting too and I think there are a lot to it. Just not convinced about the reasons behind some people don't meet these archetypes. When I don't enjoy cannabis as much I have a vivid dream-life with persons (but perhaps not in a DMT-way).

Looking forward to read more about this.

CatsPawTea
#4 Posted : 12/30/2023 1:27:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Just not convinced about the reasons behind some people don't meet these archetypes. When I don't enjoy cannabis as much I have a vivid dream-life with persons (but perhaps not in a DMT-way).

Oh I'm not at all convinced myself Laughing. It's just something that popped into mind as a possibility. The DMT entities all in all seem to be closer to the mythical archetypes (like fairies, aliens, elves) than they are the ones most common to our dreams.

NamRa
#5 Posted : 12/30/2023 3:49:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no, I never met an entity like that.
Not as a real person introducing himself.
but for sure, I know I am being guided all along the process
It is a consciousness for sure! like all is.

I do know it is a family, with so many layers, children adults, and so on.

so, yes, I have to admit

I have had entities around me but they never told me who they were, no need for it. I know they are my eternal friends

Above the Sky
#6 Posted : 12/30/2023 2:46:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For the first 90% of my trips, I never encountered an entity. I had quite a different set of experiences, actually. I wrote about them here if anyone is interested:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=103778

But then I did meet one, and after that it became a common occurrence. I guess it's a right place/right time thing. When I needed a teacher, one appeared.

But I don't think it's something you're missing out on if you never met one. Entities are just one among many ways in which the psychedelic experience manifests itself and I firmly believe that whatever its presentation, it's always the most adequate one to the moment, set, setting and dose that brought it on. So if you're not seeing any entities, that's because whatever is happening to you instead is better suited to you at that juncture.
All content posted by this account refers to my fictional alter-ego who doesn't exist in this or any other documented reality. However, they are all written in the first person because ma English no be too good and conjugation is being very hard to me.

Both my alter ego and I love you very much. And yes, I specifically mean you, who are reading this right now. You deserve all this love and much more.

ilisuc
#7 Posted : 1/3/2024 1:34:36 PM

wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username

thanks everyone for your replies..

CatsPawTea- very fascinating info, i appreciate it. also i have tried lucid dreaming but never got far with it. maybe i gave up too quickly.

murklan- i had been wondering if how much, how little, or the way in which one socializes with others or feels about socializing with people has any correlation to encountering entities.. your mention of being on the spectrum has me even more curious about this being a possible factor.

NamRa- your experiences sound beautiful Smile <33

Above the Sky - you're the second user i've read on here to mention never encountering entities for a very long time and then it happening once and becoming a common occurrence after that. i do wonder if my trips will follow that same path.
-wishes she had chosen "nobodywillpickthis1" as her username-

universecannon
#8 Posted : 1/4/2024 12:00:32 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I wouldn't worry whether you do or don't have that experience. For a lot of people it just seems like a distraction from the more interesting states that are possible. Many people feel a presence, or that at higher doses they become this presence or "entity". Interestingly, stimulating the right hemisphere via Persinger's "god helmet" also evokes the sense of a presence...

I think modern psychedelic use in the west is often lacking integration of tools or methods to bring the experience into deeper levels of coherence. Throughout the world you always see our ancestors coupling these medicines with techniques. Sitting down with your eyes closed and getting gobsmacked by a big dose of DMT is a relatively new thing in some ways. Instead of learning to sail we are skydiving right into choppy waters and then floating around. I think there's a reason they did these things in groups, often at specific locations like neolithic quartz rich stone circles or temples and caves, and employed acoustics, dance and any number of yogic or meditative techniques. With the right combination, I don't see any entities and the experiences are far more profound than it has ever been in hundreds of normal DMT experiences, at least for myself and those I know who have dabbled with it.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

acacian
#9 Posted : 1/4/2024 1:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I rarely get entities anymore.. just an intelligent feeling presence. The line between the realm and the thing occupying it is blurred to the point where they feel like the same thing.. but DMT is different for everybody.. I guess if you can have meaningful experiences with it that push you to be better then that's what is most important.

I kind of feel like the entities are like a 'lure' to get ones attention/focus.. and once it is learnt how to observe the experience they are no longer 'required'.. but that's just me..

Entities fascinating of course but not as fascinating as the deep personal teachings that can take place

Asswhole
#10 Posted : 1/10/2024 5:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entities are only for chosen people. Not for everyone!