We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Drinking own urine whilst on shrooms question Options

ayaBrew
#1 Posted : 12/19/2023 12:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Bit of a strange question, but I've seen on other sites where people have stated they drink their own urine whilst on shrooms, or at least whilst coming up as apparently the Psilocybin is converted that fast it can end up sat in the bladder, so if you go to the toilet you are basically throwing away pure Psilocin.

I can see the logic behind this given reindeer in Scandinavian countries consume Fly Agaric which is supposedly where the story of Santa and flying reindeer came from as the Saami reindeer herders would drink the urine and start tripping.

What do you think?

Normally I trip on an empty stomach and bladder, and I consume just by eating dry with a sip of water, but recently I tried making a brew. This worked fine (indeed I came up ridiculously quickly) but soon needed a wee which made me wonder if I should just hold it in or drink it! In the end I waited as long as I could then went to the toilet :confused:

I also experience a couple of other weird effects when tripping which I'm hoping you can help with:

1. When I'm coming up, my throat feels really icy like I've gargled a load of alcoholic mouthwash or I've sucked a sore throat sweet. Any ideas why or anybody else get this?

2. Why veins in my legs hurt when tripping, especially my left leg inner thigh. Again, any ideas why or anybody else experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 12/19/2023 6:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no good reason to drink your own piss regardless of the reason.

That being said, lots of traditions revolving health and getting high/poisoned with ancient plants and compounds (toad venom for example) are just not up to date and usually only speculations and not proven.

Stick with stuff that has been studied.

Plants and compounds proven to be effective and safe include, cannabis, psylocybe, cacti, ayahuasca + analogues, iboga, purified psychedelics like DMT and LSD etc.

Please don't drink your urine, or eat fly agaric or venom as it is.

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 12/19/2023 7:12:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it's known fact that humans used to drink deer piss or make their partners eat mushrooms and then drink their piss or whatever worked for them. Probably some still do, I don't want to know.
That's because amanitas without knowledge of how to prepare and consume them, are toxic and oldest known way to make it non-toxic is this piss-tek.

Doesn't mean you should do it as well. Science has progressed since and I believe you can find lots of methods of amanita preparation, without needing it to be metabolized first by a living mammal.
We have shared them, me included, here on respective sub-forum.

As with psylocibin, I don't see a point in piss-tek - just take some more maybe? Smile

P.s. for your Q#2 - it might be vasoconstriction, for me aspirin helped or just plain walking, but I didn't get it as much with shrooms as with LSD/LSA.

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 12/19/2023 8:29:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drinking your own urine when you are healthy, a few times in a lifetime is probably ok. But I am not sure about making a practice out of it.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/19/2023 1:30:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

At least do the calculations yourself to work out how much psilocin is likely to be in your urine from a given dose after a given amount of time. Once you have that figure, even if it seems like a worthwhile amount you must ask yourself whether you want to commence piss-drinking when you're already tripping. Or are you willing to get used to drinking your non-psychoactive urine for a while beforehand just to get used to it? Wut?

This requires commitment, and seems a bit daft.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

doubledog
#6 Posted : 12/19/2023 1:30:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This mainly depends on the form in which psilocin is excreted in the urine. According to online sources, it's in form of glucuronide, which I would expect is inactive. I also doubt that metabolism is so quick that your piss will contain substantial amount of it after 20 or so minutes.

Weird and unpleasant feelings are common with mushrooms.

brokedownpalace10
#7 Posted : 12/19/2023 2:53:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First is to be sure it is excreted unchanged, as said. If I'm not mistaken, that's the exception not the rule. I heard about Amanita years ago, was frankly surprised when I heard the same thing could be done with meth more recently. It's not a given.

As has also been said, timing. That could be a lot of piss to drink to be sure you were getting it as it went through.

seagull
#8 Posted : 12/19/2023 3:01:32 PM

Hello world!

What a poor decision to drink your own urine. Just grow more shrooms -> eat -> repeat.

You&Iverse

pantostao
#9 Posted : 12/19/2023 5:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to add to this that (sometimes) cacti eaters do this, because of the poor bioavailability of mescaline. Supposedly, 90% of what you eat ends up in your pee in the following hours, unchanged.

But... Cacti are VERY slow to grow, specially when compared to shrooms. So, even if OP's hypothesis is right, I don't see the point in recycling "psilurine", shrooms are very easy to grow in vast amounts.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 12/19/2023 10:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You had probably better eat your own poop, just to be sure.

Waste not, want not.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 12/19/2023 11:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

As far as I'm aware, urine is sterile and safe to drink a few times before toxins start leeching in.

At the same time, psilocybin and psilocin seem to have good bioavailabilty, so it probably wouldn't make any difference.
If you ate 2g of a mushroom that was 5mg/g, I doubt you'd get even half that back in your urine.

All the same, this may be of use to you.

Drink wisely Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 12/19/2023 11:47:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bill Cipher wrote:

Waste not, want not.

I've found it better - not to mention safer - to dry the poop and smoke it in a bong.

But, more seriously, I've found that redosing with shrooms part way through the trip brought only minimal returns so I can't imagine that drinking a few pints of wee on the off-chance that they might contain half a dose's worth of psilocin - conjugated or otherwise - would amount to any kind of benefit. And shrooms can have quite the diuretic effect on occasion, making it more likely than not that you'd be dealing with a large volume of a dilute solution.

Like seagull says, just grow more shrooms. If you're vegan, you can even use your own poop!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 12/19/2023 11:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Bill Cipher wrote:

Waste not, want not.

I've found it better - not to mention safer - to dry the poop and smoke it in a bong.

But, more seriously, I've found that redosing with shrooms part way through the trip brought only minimal returns so I can't imagine that drinking a few pints of wee on the off-chance that they might contain half a dose's worth of psilocin - conjugated or otherwise - would amount to any kind of benefit. And shrooms can have quite the diuretic effect on occasion, making it more likely than not that you'd be dealing with a large volume of a dilute solution.

Like seagull says, just grow more shrooms. If you're vegan, you can even use your own poop!

We can't forget about jenkem. Razz

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 12/19/2023 11:52:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

pantostao wrote:
I'd like to add to this that (sometimes) cacti eaters do this, because of the poor bioavailability of mescaline. Supposedly, 90% of what you eat ends up in your pee in the following hours, unchanged.

But... Cacti are VERY slow to grow, specially when compared to shrooms. So, even if OP's hypothesis is right, I don't see the point in recycling "psilurine", shrooms are very easy to grow in vast amounts.

I'm intrigued by this suggestion - how does it square up with the radioactive tracer studies that were performed way back in the day? They give a clear indication of the metabolic fate of mescaline in the human subject and can be dug out of the archives fairly readily. Perhaps MAOI usage would make this mescaline-saving technique all the more viable, preventing its loss as TMPAA? Preventing demethylation might be the other priority in this case, being the other route of direct metabolic loss besides oxidative deamination.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 12/20/2023 12:08:59 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Bill Cipher wrote:

Waste not, want not.

We can't forget about jenkem. Razz

One love

Don't imagine for a second that the idea hadn't crossed my mind! The thing is, in that case we're clearly deviating from tryptamine recovery since it's the gaseous putrefaction products that appear to be the active agents - unless you make it so fizzy that a significant amount of the active fluids gets aerosolized, of course.

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 12/20/2023 12:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Or we have a new psychedelic: psilogaseousputrefaction... I'm gonna start a church.

One love

CosmicLion
#17 Posted : 12/20/2023 4:32:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
But, more seriously, I've found that redosing with shrooms part way through the trip brought only minimal returns

100%

Guaranteed there isn't enough psilocybin in your pee to have ANY effect... given that taking a FULL second dose barely works to begin with.
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

CosmicLion
#18 Posted : 12/20/2023 7:38:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Or we have a new psychedelic: psilogaseousputrefaction... I'm gonna start a church.

One love

We have specific blends and protocols for making premium artisanal jenkem...

Very targeted food consumption, fermented foods, certain processed legumes.

Variety of prebiotic and probiotic powders... each blend contains certain combinations and ratios of specific bacterial strains that produce different qualities in the artisanal butt-to-brain Jenkems, each with their own unique characteristics and proprietary effects....

Thumbs up
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 12/20/2023 10:54:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

With our artisanal jenkem, the art really is anal.

This is something we can really work with considering how the vast majority of the body's 5-HT receptors are in the gut. That gut-brain link isn't something to be sniffed at.

Unless it's our jenkem, of course.

Voidmatrix
#20 Posted : 12/21/2023 12:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
With our artisanal jenkem, the art really is anal.

This is something we can really work with considering how the vast majority of the body's 5-HT receptors are in the gut. That gut-brain link isn't something to be sniffed at.

Unless it's our jenkem, of course.

We have be sure not to be vagus in our approach and understanding of not only how our artisinal blends (complete with psilocybin) are crafted (proprietary blend on the label), but also the intents, goals, maxims, and tenets of the psilogaseousputrefaction.

One love

12NEXT