We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
69ron's tek: getting snotty emulsion from powder Options

Vularin
#1 Posted : 2/27/2010 1:49:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya peeps!

I have been trying a couple of teks to extract mescaline from dried powder.
I have tried 69ron's tek but that didnt work because the emulsions becomes to snotty to seperate.

Does anyone know how to prevent this?

I get the same problem with boiling the powder....

Cheers,
V

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Virola78
#2 Posted : 2/27/2010 2:03:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vularin wrote:
Hiya peeps!

I have tried 69ron's tek but that didnt work because the emulsions becomes to snotty to seperate.

Cheers,
V

Did you thoroughly mix the CaOH(!) with the cactus powder BEFORE adding the water?
Did you make sure the mixture was wet(!) not watery/runny? how much CaOH and water did you use exactly?
Did you use 100gr of dry powderized green outher flesh(!) or just all of the flesh (white included)?
Did you make pictures so others (experts) can judge?

Im no expert.
I am just interested to know why you experiment didnt turn out the way it should.
You would help me very much by answering those questions..
But feel free ofc.
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

w0mbat
#3 Posted : 3/8/2010 5:34:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Virola78 wrote:

Did you thoroughly mix the CaOH(!) with the cactus powder BEFORE adding the water?

This made no difference for SWIM when he tried this tek

Try this:
1) Slow cook the powder in vinegar for 8-24 hours, then strain out the solids and save the liquid. Do this 2 more times & collect liquid.

2) Basify the liquid (preferably with food-grade NaOH, but sodium carbonate might also work).

3) Pull 3x w/ d-limonene. Combine all the d-limonene pulls

4) Extract 3x w/ ~30 mL vinegar. Combine extracts & evap.

This procedure should be a little more thorough, though a great yield is not guaranteed as it could just be your friend's cactus powder is weak. Nevertheless you could purify your extract further by washing it with a few mL of a mixture of 19 parts d-limonene, 1 part 99% IPA.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

69ron
#4 Posted : 3/8/2010 7:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vularin,

SWIM has done that tech over a dozen times with different types of cacti and never once experienced that or any of the other problems a few people have experienced. It’s always worked well and always produces really good yields. So you're doing something wrong.

Things that can go wrong are:

* Wrong type of lime being used.
* Wrong measurements of ingredients.
* Improperly dried cacti.
* Too much heat when drying the cacti or end product which produces weak results.
* Wrong kind of d-limonene.
* Failure to mix the ingredients right at the start.
* Not giving it enough time to freebase before pulling with d-limonene.

Make sure one of those things are not wrong and it should work.

Any number of those things can be done wrong without realizing it. There's a lot of help in that thread already that covers pretty much all the problems people encountered from doing things wrong.

Unfortunately, I have such little time to support that tech. There are too many people using it. If you read the tech from start to finish, you'll see lots of people are happy with that tech and getting fantastic results, and a few are not. Those that are doing it wrong end up with problems here and there or weak end results. Most of the problems were eventual solved.

If you have a hard time with that tech, you can always use the resin tech. Most people who don't get it right usually switch to using the resin tech. The results are not as good, but you can't easily mess up when using the resin tech, so even the novice is happy with it. With the tech I posted, there are lots of things that can go wrong. It has to be followed exactly or it won't work well.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Vularin
#5 Posted : 3/9/2010 10:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Virola78 wrote:
Vularin wrote:
Hiya peeps!

Cheers,
V

Did you make sure the mixture was wet(!) not watery/runny? how much CaOH and water did you use exactly?
Did you use 100gr of dry powderized green outher flesh(!) or just all of the flesh (white included)?
Did you make pictures so others (experts) can judge?

Im no expert.
I am just interested to know why you experiment didnt turn out the way it should.
You would help me very much by answering those questions..
But feel free ofc.

Ok heres the story! i used the wrong kind of CaOH (calcium hydroxide)... but thats sorted now! Smile
After this stupid mistake, I have had some good results with the HCI route, only thing that eats yield is the IPA wash..

Only had about 0.200 mg of pure white crystals after IPA wash from 200g of high grade Pedro powder.

But practice makes perfect Laughing so....:
Second try was a lot better and i got from 200 grams of the same powder, a yield of +/- 1 gram of Mescaline HCI!!!
69ron wrote:

Vularin,

SWIM has done that tech over a dozen times with different types of cacti and never once experienced that or any of the other problems a few people have experienced. It’s always worked well and always produces really good yields. So you're doing something wrong.

Things that can go wrong are:

* Wrong type of lime being used.
* Wrong measurements of ingredients.
* Improperly dried cacti.
* Too much heat when drying the cacti or end product which produces weak results.
* Wrong kind of d-limonene.
* Failure to mix the ingredients right at the start.
* Not giving it enough time to freebase before pulling with d-limonene.

Make sure one of those things are not wrong and it should work.

Any number of those things can be done wrong without realizing it. There's a lot of help in that thread already that covers pretty much all the problems people encountered from doing things wrong.

Unfortunately, I have such little time to support that tech. There are too many people using it. If you read the tech from start to finish, you'll see lots of people are happy with that tech and getting fantastic results, and a few are not. Those that are doing it wrong end up with problems here and there or weak end results. Most of the problems were eventual solved.

If you have a hard time with that tech, you can always use the resin tech. Most people who don't get it right usually switch to using the resin tech. The results are not as good, but you can't easily mess up when using the resin tech, so even the novice is happy with it. With the tech I posted, there are lots of things that can go wrong. It has to be followed exactly or it won't work well.

Hey 69ron!
thanks for the great tek, it works but one thing i would like to propose...!
Can i help you with supporting this tek? cause theres a lot of people that find it a bit vague...

Im in advertising myself and i would love to send you a proposal of making your great tek a bit more user friendly!

Let me know if i can help out!

Thx beforehand!

V

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/10/2010 1:30:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vularin wrote:
Hey 69ron!
thanks for the great tek, it works but one thing i would like to propose...!
Can i help you with supporting this tek? cause theres a lot of people that find it a bit vague...

Im in advertising myself and i would love to send you a proposal of making your great tek a bit more user friendly!

Let me know if i can help out!

Thx beforehand!

V

Be my guest. You can take over the tech if you like. Note that it is not really MY tech, but was created by SWIM. I just posted it. It was made by SWIM and meant to be a PUBLIC DOMAIN tech. You can copy and paste any part of that tech, even the whole thing, and SWIM doesn’t care at all. You can make your own version of that tech, even with the exact same steps, and say YOU created it and SWIM doesn’t care one bit. That was the whole reason for making that tech. It’s for people to do what they want with it. SWIM doesn’t care about having any credit for that whatsoever. In fact he would like other people to copy it, improve it, and call it their own tech.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Virola78
#7 Posted : 3/12/2010 11:39:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx guys

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.