We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
is there a minimum mass of mhrb for extraction? Options

iyiyandiyiy
#1 Posted : 12/12/2023 1:41:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

While wandering about this wonderful virtual place I came across the anal intake of substsnces and while discussing such deep, obscure and arcane topics a guy stated somewhere (in a digression from the main point as it happens in forums) "10 grs. of MHRB is not enough for extraction". I can imagine the possible difficulties when extracting small amounts of alkaloids, but what'd be (is) in your experience the absolute minimum for extraction to avoid unecessary losses?
For harmala my experience shows it's easy to use like 10 grs. of seeds and I obtained something along the lines of 5%, but then lady Harmala is way more generous and easier to harvest her gifts than mimosa.

Any thoughts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 12/12/2023 2:10:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I wouldn't go any lower than 50g of bark, but that's me. If you were to do 10g of bark then you'd only extract 100mg.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

AwesomeUsername
#3 Posted : 12/12/2023 10:45:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Second that.

Although 10gr would provide more than 100mg probably.

Depending on the quality of bark the yeald can vary.

Still 50gr would not yeald too little or too much, any less than that is not really worth the effort, and the equipment and nessecery chemicals would probably cost more than the bark. (Depending on source again)

My suggestion if you only have so little left over is to brew it and drink it after consuming an maoi.

Edit:

Be sure to do an gelatine tek, and do long rue boils. This makes it easier on the body, some herbal remedies/admixtures might help to further ease the side effects, but SWIMs experience with that is inconclusive.

iyiyandiyiy
#4 Posted : 12/12/2023 10:57:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you guys for your input. I do have a fair amount of bark, I just don't want to mess up and waste too much of it while refining my extraction technique Pleased

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/12/2023 11:07:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I once did a mini-extraction on 25g of (finely powdered) good bark and the 2% yield made it worthwhile. The small volume extraction was really easy to handle - quite pleasing, even. Just having everything that bit smaller can really have its own appeal. Modern vaping techniques also make handling of smaller amounts a more viable option. A further advantage is that you get to try out, let's say, double the amount of different extraction techniques if you really want - or at least (fingers crossed) you still have a substantial amount of bark left after really honing your extraction skills.

If the bark turns out to be weak you can still scale up the extraction size a bit before it becomes unwieldy.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

brokedownpalace10
#6 Posted : 12/13/2023 8:27:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only done a few 20 gram extractions. Never anything larger. One yielded pretty well actually. Good way to learn.

Pandora
#7 Posted : 12/13/2023 3:37:18 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I have done as low as 30 mgs and as high as 100 mgs of bark. But even if you only get 1.0% yield if you used 10 grams of bark you might get 100 mgs of DMT which is a start.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

DancinDog
#8 Posted : 12/17/2023 3:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for posting is question. I've been reading & rereading TEKs for the past few weeks wondering what volume to begin with. 50g seemed to be commonly suggested as an easy amount of MHRB to begin with. I'm glad to hear 25g isn't a waste of time. That doubles your chance for success and halves your loss of materials if you make mistakes.

As I've been reading the TEKs I have also wondered which methods most folks prefer after trying a few of them. It's a little hard to me to see the "progression" of the TEKs listed here. A number of them are very written very well & sound simple enough to do, but I'm not sure which are considered to be the most current favorite. All of the materials seem easily available here. Maybe there's a poll of favorite TEKs here that I haven't seen yet?

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 12/17/2023 4:39:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

DancinDog wrote:
Thank you for posting is question. I've been reading & rereading TEKs for the past few weeks wondering what volume to begin with. 50g seemed to be commonly suggested as an easy amount of MHRB to begin with. I'm glad to hear 25g isn't a waste of time. That doubles your chance for success and halves your loss of materials if you make mistakes.

As I've been reading the TEKs I have also wondered which methods most folks prefer after trying a few of them. It's a little hard to me to see the "progression" of the TEKs listed here. A number of them are very written very well & sound simple enough to do, but I'm not sure which are considered to be the most current favorite. All of the materials seem easily available here. Maybe there's a poll of favorite TEKs here that I haven't seen yet?

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Cyb's hybrid salt tek and Cyb's Max Ion are going to be the most popular.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

DancinDog
#10 Posted : 12/18/2023 5:45:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
DancinDog wrote:

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Cyb's hybrid salt tek and Cyb's Max Ion are going to be the most popular.

One love

Voidmatrix, Thumbs up
Thanks for answering that for me. I didn't really know the best place to ask, and didn't want to get accused of asking the dumb question that every newbie has asked a million times already.
It seemed that adding salt was a milestone for maximizing yield, but I wasn't sure there wasn't something beyond that which I'd missed or hadn't read about yet.