We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Warning. Options

sillysyban
#1 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys and girls,
Let me start by saying that what you guys are doing here is fantastic and needs to be done. It will never change any other way. People like yourselves can do great things in the world. My only concern is this. In a lot of posts in the forum people talk of not drawing unwanted attention to this board. It pretty much flies under the radar unless you actively seek it. With something like CEL you could and probably will bring attention to people who will otherwise never have heard of it. Once you start to make headway and actually start to create change the people that like it the old way are not just going to back down and let it go. I would hate to see a beautiful place like this shut down. Like I said it has to be done but I had to state my one fear.
Cheers.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 2/27/2010 11:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it’s something that needs a life of it’s own now – after all this is important work in it’s own right. An independent site would also be easier to find for users and easier to manage when it grows.

D × V × F > R

Observant
#3 Posted : 2/27/2010 2:08:17 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Been thinkin about this too , lately

Long live the Nexus !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Virola78
#4 Posted : 2/27/2010 2:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sillysyban wrote:
Hi guys and girls,
Let me start by saying that what you guys are doing here is fantastic and needs to be done. It will never change any other way. People like yourselves can do great things in the world. My only concern is this. In a lot of posts in the forum people talk of not drawing unwanted attention to this board. It pretty much flies under the radar unless you actively seek it. With something like CEL you could and probably will bring attention to people who will otherwise never have heard of it. Once you start to make headway and actually start to create change the people that like it the old way are not just going to back down and let it go. I would hate to see a beautiful place like this shut down. Like I said it has to be done but I had to state my one fear.
Cheers.

Who is the public?

My father is a very open minded person to who i can talk about psychedelics. He loves sci-fi, Von Daniken, surreal art, etc etc
He is VERY interested in the subject and has heard all i have to say about psychedelics.

A very close friend of mine is a smart and nice guy, he is just your regular joe, nice job, wife, friends, family etc. Back in the days we tripped allot on mushrooms. But he lost interest many years ago. He is NOT interested in the subject but also has heard all i have to say about psychedelics.

Both these persons are very open minded towards me. But still, both have no good idea what i am talking about so passionately. For them it is scary somehow. They do not want life changing events. They have job, resposibilities, etc etc. They like alcohol, which they still do not see as a drug, despite my countless attempts to rationaly explain to them alcohol IS a drug.

In my opinion CEL should more carefully select an audience to be succesful at getting the right (fitting) message across.

d*l*b wrote:
An independent site would also be easier to find for users and easier to manage when it grows.

Good point.
But the link between a new site and the nexus would still be obvious. What if those originaly (and perhaps 'only'Pleased interested in CEL take a look at the nexus?
One might find him/herself deceived.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 2/27/2010 4:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Virola78 wrote:
Good point.
But the link between a new site and the nexus would still be obvious. What if those originaly (and perhaps 'only'Pleased interested in CEL take a look at the nexus?
One might find him/herself deceived.

Other benefits would be -

* Being able to act using your real name rather than your nick and all that’s attached to it.
* Easier bring in interested users who have no interest, or may not even have heard of spice.
D × V × F > R

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:22:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

sillysyban, you can lay your fears to rest.

As usual, Traveler's 25 steps ahead of everyone...

The Coalition for Entheogenic Liberty Website

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

d*l*b
#7 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent!
D × V × F > R

#8 Posted : 2/27/2010 9:57:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Thats awesome! Beautiful website as it's coming together. Smile

sillysyban
#9 Posted : 2/27/2010 10:51:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work Traveler, It looks great. I would like to be a part of this. I will spend the next few days reading and see where I think I can do something.

Acolyte
#10 Posted : 2/28/2010 2:27:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy

sillysyban, i thank you for your very well worded point. I apologize that we've done a poor job addressing this fear, as it is hard to coordinate all us shadowy strangers...

I think it will be a very wise policy that we never directly advertise "The DMT Nexus" or it's website. However, as the DMT gospel expands, and Google becomes more and more effective, "hiding" our nice little community will be impossible.

For the eBook, i am still debating how we ought reference this site (if at all). I think something like (Acyolte 2010) would be appropriate for citing in text, and the farthest possible exposure of any "dmt-nexus.me/forum" links would be in the refernce section and look like this:

Acolyte (2010, February 27). Warning [Msg 10]. Message posted to
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10372

source:
Quote:
APA Online Forum or Discussion Board Posting Citation:]

Include the title of the message, and the URL of the newsgroup or discussion board. Please note that titles for items in online communities (e.g. blogs, newsgroups, forums) are not italicized. If the author's name is not available, provide the screen name. Place identifiers like post or message numbers, if available, in brackets. If available, provide the URL where the message is archived (e.g. "Message posted to..., archived at..."Pleased.

keep up the good comments!
PM me with your general interests if you need help to decide where you might make the biggest impact!!

all the best,

a
?

sillysyban
#11 Posted : 2/28/2010 4:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers Acolyte,
I thank you for your kind words. It is definately too special of a place to have the man tear it down. I remember how many people were devestated by the loss of dmtworld and this is now way bigger and better. I will get back to you over the next few days so we can see where I can fit in with this.
Cheers.

idtravlr
#12 Posted : 2/28/2010 9:18:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is incredible folks! Traveler - The new site is awesome. You are the man! I too would like to be as involved as possible with the progression of this extraordinary cause. Please feel free to call on me to help in any way that I can. I can't express how much I believe in what is evolving here!

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Elpo
#13 Posted : 2/28/2010 12:52:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Site looks great indeed.

Carry on with the good work.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson