We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
17th century tek Options

B.Valentinus
#41 Posted : 12/1/2023 7:41:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Salarmoniacum - Ammonia

"Salarmoniacum, which is the most potent key to unlocking metals, is likened to the volatile birds of antiquity. Without preparation, it is of little or no value; for it destroys and shatters metals more than it improves them. Through its fumatorium, it carries with it the tincture, colors of minerals, and some metals to the peaks of mountains. There, in the scorching heat of midsummer, where abundant snow is found, it can swiftly ascend with its rapid wings.

If, however, it is propelled with common salt, it purges itself to become clear and pure for practical use. One who presumes immature volatility of metals from this salt touches upon nothing, as it lacks such a faculty. However, it suffices to destroy metal and render it suitable for transformation. No metal can be changed without preparation.

My ultimate art can be drawn out in subliming and cementing, but you will find my supreme secret when I am united with the hydra and transformed into it. I adorned the bath of the nymphs, and the power was given to me to perfect the royal crown, so that adorned with gems, it can be fittingly adapted with glory."

https://www.dhi.ac.uk/ha...m0=title_basil#highlight

"Basil Valentine showed that ammonia could be obtained by the action of alkalies on sal-ammoniac. At a later period when sal-ammoniac was obtained by distilling the hoofs and horns of oxen, and neutralizing the resulting carbonate with hydrochloric acid, the name spirits of hartshorn was applied to ammonia."
B.Valentinus attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 20.28.45.png (251kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

B.Valentinus
#42 Posted : 12/1/2023 7:43:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ETHANOL, AMMONIA, SULPHURIC ACID??

"Vitriol dissolved in ammonium salt, burning sulfur with its own Mercury, which is very small, ascends in sublimation because sulfur is primarily present in it. When sulfur is once again liberated and freed by the eagle, a medicine can be made from it through the spirit of wine, as I have instructed you. Although it is more convenient to obtain burning sulfur from vitriol than through its reverberation, with a preceding solution through salt or the liquid of tartar, or a lye made from boxwood ash, this method is better"

https://www.dhi.ac.uk/ha...m0=title_basil#highlight

B.Valentinus attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 20.39.24.png (385kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

PREV123