We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
17th century tek Options

SpaceTraveller
#21 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

B.Valentinus wrote:
Sorry about my earlier post i am def a newbie added a few links

"Succus Acacia" - Sanguis naturæ, or, A manifest declaration of the sanguine ... PAGE 42

https://archive.org/deta...age/42/mode/2up?q=ACACIA

"AZOTH AND GUM ARABIC" Chymischer Glücks-Hafen Oder Grosse Chymische Concordantz Und Collection Von ...By Johann Joachim Becher PAGE 499

https://books.google.com...&q=azoth&f=false

With regards to acetone, is it possible in an effort to find the stone different methods were discovered along the way and that in this "tek" the solvent is acetone.

Just thinking out loud. glad to get so much input from everybody so far mind blown

The 'Succus' of Acacia is the gummy exudate of the seed pod. However it seems, based on the first text you linked, that the Succus is used by adept alchemists to refer to an Oxide of DMT salt... I will read these texts more deeply soon! Day job is calling.

Your research has invigorated me. Keep up the Great Work!
http://penelope.uchicago.../moralia/isis_and_osiris*/a.html

It is a fact, Clea, that having a beard and wearing a coarse cloak does not make philosophers, nor does dressing in linen and shaving the hair make votaries of Isis; but the true votary of Isis is he who, when he has legitimately received what is set forth in the ceremonies connected with these gods, uses reason in investigating and in studying the truth contained therein.

Plutarch - On Isis and Osiris

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Twilight Person
#22 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

B.Valentinus wrote:
Twilight Person

"In the pineal gland there is a tiny grit, or sand, concerning which modern science knows practically nothing"MPH

Yes I believe there is evidence and hope the MS above in original post if deciphered can help.

The "cult" is not all bad,

"Between 1990 and 1995, Strassman administered some 400 doses of DMT to nearly five dozen human volunteers, and the book documents the project and the doctor’s discoveries. The research which led to the publication of Strassman's book was funded by none other than the Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research Foundation, a subsidiary of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. As the story goes, LSD researcher Daniel Xander Freedman, who passed away in 1993, was a big supporter of Strassman’s work and served on the scientific advisory panel of the Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research Foundation. Freedman advised Strassman to apply for a grant from the foundation and assured him that he would do all he could to get the DMT project funded"

With Cult i was not referring to your post about the Freemasons, I meant the real templars and their Cult which have sparked fantasy like the Freemason stories. So not about the Strassman experiments Very happy
~ O ~

B.Valentinus
#23 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:47:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person

Sorry man my bad misunderstood but even the knights templar what did they find in the middle east?

What did the Rosicrucians know?

What did the Masons know?
B.Valentinus attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 22.44.32.png (87kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 22.46.58.png (70kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 22.46.48.png (863kb) downloaded 143 time(s).

SpaceTraveller
#24 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

B.Valentinus wrote:

"Succus Acacia" - Sanguis naturæ, or, A manifest declaration of the sanguine ... PAGE 42

"AZOTH AND GUM ARABIC" Chymischer Glücks-Hafen Oder Grosse Chymische Concordantz Und Collection Von ...By Johann Joachim Becher PAGE 499

With regards to acetone, is it possible in an effort to find the stone different methods were discovered along the way and that in this "tek" the solvent is acetone.

Just thinking out loud. glad to get so much input from everybody so far mind blown

"Among the Secrets of Alchymy, the greatest is to draw Water out of a Rock ; verily a hard and very difficult Work, unless Chymistry alone had shewed us the possibility of this thing; which the Artist ought to endeavour to do by Fire, which in the beginning must be gentle, in the middle strong, and in the end most vehement ; so that all the Aereal and Ethereal Spirits of this Rocky Minera, may issue forth into a fit Philosophical Vessel, and there resolve themselves into Water ; which Water with wonderful Sympathy loveth the Rock, from whence it issued ; which Water is called by various Names, as Rock-Water, Argent Vive, a Fume, the Tinging Caelestial Spirit,Incombustible Sulphur, Wine Vinegar, Succus | ‘Acacia, Spirit of Wine,Temperate Water, the Luciferous Virgin; all which | Names signify this Water; which if it be again conjoyned with it, remaineth Stone, and often operateth resting upon it it acquireth a wonderful active Power, as all know who are acquainted with this Water"

^ the above is a reference to producing a partial oxidation of the white crystal, generating DMT n-oxide which is a goo, or "water" as the author says. When combined with white crystal, you have the Red stone, or completed work, according to some alchemists.

In Zosimos, the highest grade is the "Purple" stone, which is a balance of extracts from 2 different Acacia species. If you don't have 2 species to work with, you can do the above process to make a simulation.

This interestingly recalls how Eve was made from Adam's rib.

In another post, Brennendes Wasser baked some crystal in a sealed vessel - It turned red and gained 50% mass...Multiplication!

Screenshots attached. Cudos to Brennendes for solving this mystery.

Looks like with 2 days sunshine you get a red oil through an oxidation reaction...but baked in a sealed vessel, it was some weird voodoo, potentially polymerization of the DMT molecule.
SpaceTraveller attached the following image(s):
FileProxy.png (1,421kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
20231130_223749.jpg (472kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

It is a fact, Clea, that having a beard and wearing a coarse cloak does not make philosophers, nor does dressing in linen and shaving the hair make votaries of Isis; but the true votary of Isis is he who, when he has legitimately received what is set forth in the ceremonies connected with these gods, uses reason in investigating and in studying the truth contained therein.

SpaceTraveller
#25 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twilight Person wrote:
B.Valentinus wrote:
Twilight Person

"In the pineal gland there is a tiny grit, or sand, concerning which modern science knows practically nothing"MPH

Yes I believe there is evidence and hope the MS above in original post if deciphered can help.

The "cult" is not all bad,

"Between 1990 and 1995, Strassman administered some 400 doses of DMT to nearly five dozen human volunteers, and the book documents the project and the doctor’s discoveries. The research which led to the publication of Strassman's book was funded by none other than the Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research Foundation, a subsidiary of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. As the story goes, LSD researcher Daniel Xander Freedman, who passed away in 1993, was a big supporter of Strassman’s work and served on the scientific advisory panel of the Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research Foundation. Freedman advised Strassman to apply for a grant from the foundation and assured him that he would do all he could to get the DMT project funded"

With Cult i was not referring to your post about the Freemasons, I meant the real templars and their Cult which have sparked fantasy like the Freemason stories. So not about the Strassman experiments Very happy

I believe the Scottish Rite Freemasons, who funded Strassman's research, claim descent from the Templars. However this is contested and unproven.

B.Valentinus
#26 Posted : 11/29/2023 9:58:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SpaceTraveller wrote:
B.Valentinus wrote:

"Among the Secrets of Alchymy, the greatest is to draw Water out of a Rock ; verily a hard and very difficult Work, unless Chymistry alone had shewed us the possibility of this thing; which the Artist ought to endeavour to do by Fire, which in the beginning must be gentle, in the middle strong, and in the end most vehement ; so that all the Aereal and Ethereal Spirits of this Rocky Minera, may issue forth into a fit Philosophical Vessel, and there resolve themselves into Water ; which Water with wonderful Sympathy loveth the Rock, from whence it issued ; which Water is called by various Names, as Rock-Water, Argent Vive, a Fume, the Tinging Caelestial Spirit,Incombustible Sulphur, Wine Vinegar, Succus | ‘Acacia, Spirit of Wine,Temperate Water, the Luciferous Virgin; all which | Names signify this Water; which if it be again conjoyned with it, remaineth Stone, and often operateth resting upon it it acquireth a wonderful active Power, as all know who are acquainted with this Water"

^ the above is a reference to producing a partial oxidation of the white crystal, generating DMT n-oxide which is a goo, or "water" as the author says. When combined with white crystal, you have the Red stone, or completed work, according to some alchemists.

In Zosimos, the highest grade is the "Purple" stone, which is a balance of extracts from 2 different Acacia species. If you don't have 2 species to work with, you can do the above process to make a simulation.

This interestingly recalls how Eve was made from Adam's rib.

I think somewhere on the Nexus, someone baked some crystal in a sealed vessel - It turned red and gained 50% mass...Multiplication!

EPIC BRO! TOO MUCH TO PROCESS! HEADED IS MELTED!

SpaceTraveller
#27 Posted : 11/29/2023 10:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're doing great. Take a breath! You have all the time in the world. Always cite your sources. You got this!

https://youtu.be/Jor8oB7_DMs?si=iYEmTn6eQLb6CvOI

SpaceTraveller
#28 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:56:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uh oh guys I think I'm in trouble... I revealed too much Surprised
https://archive.org/stre...sophers%20Stone_djvu.txt

Israel Regardie - The Philosophers Stone

"I tell thee further (saith he) that we could not possibly find, neither could the philosophers find
before us, anything that would persist in the fire but only the unctuous humidity.

A watery humidity we see will easily vapour away, and the earth remains behind, and the parts are therefore separated because their composition is not natural. But if we consider those humidities which are hardly separated from those parts which are natural to them, we find not any such but the unctuous, viscous humidities.

It will be expected perhaps by some flint and antimony doctors - who make their philosophical
contrition with a hammer - that I should discover this thing outright and not suffer this strange bird-lime to hold their pride by the plumes. To these I say it is Water of Silver, which some have called Water of the Moon; but 'tis Mercury of the Sun, and partly of Saturn, for it is extracted from these three metals and without them it can never be made. Now they may unriddle and tell me what it is, for it is truth-if they can understand it.

To the ingenuous and modest reader I have something else to reply, and I believe it will sufficiently excuse me. Raymund Lully - a man who had been in the centre of Nature and without all question understood a great part of the Divine Will - gives me a most terrible charge not to prostitute these principles. Saith he:

I swear to thee upon my soul that thou art damned if thou shouldst reveal these things. For
every good thing proceeds from God and to Him only is due. Wherefore thou shalt reserve
and keep that secret which God only should reveal, and thou shalt affirm thou dost justly keep
back those things whose revelation belongs to His honour. For if thou shouldst reveal that in a
few words which God hath been forming a long time, thou shouldst be condemned in the great
day of judgment as a traitor to the majesty of God, neither should thy treason be forgiven thee.

For the revelation of such things belongs to God and not to man. "

Yikes! Well, I'm pretty sure it's time the world knew these things. Should God be displeased, I'm sure he'll let me know.

Peace y'all

nen888
#29 Posted : 11/30/2023 10:59:06 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

B.Valentinus, welcome to the nexus..
I look forward to where this journey leads you

I think DFZ's gum/sweetener interpretation could hold as valid, however as you say there is some evidence within alchemical tradition of Acacia utilised for esoteric purposes.Such information, if written , however would likely be in the form of having a cypher/exchange word system - so each of the terms in the text would refer to something that's not the common meaning...

There are neo-Masonic formuli for the creation of acacia 'stone' that is active with alkaloids. But as far as 17th C masonic knowledge, things are more speculative and arguably much can be symbolism, taken from more ancient knowledge systems, such as Egyptian.
Like all things alchemical, there will always be a handful with exclusive and secret method and knowledge. However, I am aware of certain legitimate orders who claim continuous knowledge of acacia ritual back to the crusades...

I cannot name them, but perhaps you could ask the Knights of Malta Wink

SpaceTraveller
#30 Posted : 11/30/2023 11:14:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
B.Valentinus, welcome to the nexus..
I look forward to where this journey leads you

I think DFZ's gum/sweetener interpretation could hold as valid, however as you say there is some evidence within alchemical tradition of Acacia utilised for esoteric purposes.Such information, if written , however would likely be in the form of having a cypher/exchange word system - so each of the terms in the text would refer to something that's not the common meaning...

There are neo-Masonic formuli for the creation of acacia 'stone' that is active with alkaloids. But as far as 17th C masonic knowledge, things are more speculative and arguably much can be symbolism, taken from more ancient knowledge systems, such as Egyptian.
Like all things alchemical, there will always be a handful with exclusive and secret method and knowledge. However, I am aware of certain legitimate orders who claim continuous knowledge of acacia ritual back to the crusades...

I cannot name them, but perhaps you could ask the Knights of Malta Wink

Thanks for chipping in, Nen!

Count Cagliostro and his Masonic Egyptian Rite Acacia ritual date back to the mid 18th century. He refers to a "cubical ashlar" drawn from the primal matter of acacia. By all accounts his final product was a red liqueur to be drunk.

It's unlikely that his ritual was formed in a vacuum...he got it from somewhere. Without a doubt, the trail leads at least as far back as Zosimos of Panopolis, circa 300AD.

Zosimos points to lost works of (pseudo)Democritus and Maria Prophetissima (creator of the Bain marie) from 300BC and beyond.

The Bain marie then, was first used as a tool for DMT extraction(!) And we use it to this day. Funny.

I'm very curious about this Maltese order.

As for the gum/sweetener suggestion by DFZ - I'll reiterate Zosimos. When he says take lead, he does not mean the common lead of the people. He means lead that is the product of the work - I.e a blackened/basified product.

Lead is the first stage after the 'death' of the Acacia (also known as copper)

This is why, in the Turba Philosophorum, Moses speaks of 'lead from copper' and 'the powder of ascocia' as being the 'instruments of formation'

I've not been initiated into any dress-up supper clubs, this is from too many hours of reading, and help from some friends (some of whom have admittedly been involved in mystical organisations...however their learning came from hard work). It can be done!

B.Valentinus
#31 Posted : 11/30/2023 11:26:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you nen888

Most people in Malta have never heard of Cagliastro unfortunately.

I am confident that there are many more texts waiting to be found, its clear from the hartlib letters that many alchemists of the time succeed in producing the stone.

I have noticed in particular the influence German Manuscripts at this time.

Does anyone have any opinions on the passage below

Chymischer Glücks-Hafen Oder Grosse Chymische Concordantz Und Collection Von ...By Johann Joachim Becher PAGE 499

: Acetum acerrimum is the most intense vinegar; it is made in this way on the sea, and has been sharpened with the spirit. Philosophical calcination is when it is first made into pure lime and sweetened, as taught by Tridenfimus and Abbas. Then, such limes are soaked with Philosopher's vinegar, Arab gum, distilled olive oil, 4 times or more, and are dried again, drawn off gently so that the essence of Philosopher's vinegar and Arab gum remains with it. Thus, the metal lime is truly calcined, and the metal remains in its prime virtue. This is then an elixir; when putrefied, fine Azoth, Animam, or Tincture should be drawn and extracted from it with correct or qualified Philosopher's vinegar. Oil, having been drawn off from Sale Bi several times, is the ostrich stomach oil, strengthened and sharpened with the sharpness of the eagle's talon, which is strengthened and sharpened with its own salt. Note: It can also be putrefied after imbibitions and inhibitions, then sublimated, as Hn Daniel's third process is capable of, also Tridensini Kütt's process"

_20230519_105134 (1).JPG (180kb) downloaded 101 time(s).

B.Valentinus
#32 Posted : 11/30/2023 11:43:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Das Acetone By Dr. C.A. Becker

https://dokumen.tips/doc...-das-acetone.html?page=1

PAGE 27 The experts worked with much lead, and Basilius Valentinus says that the
Philosopher's Stone has its origin solely in lead; he also says that from the lead sugar a
red oil is prepared, but he gives no further direction (lead sugar = lead acetate -
HWN).

PAGE 29 Acetone from Copper (Spiritus Aeruginis Basil. Valentui. P. 834)
Pure, crystallized verdigris is calcined until it starts to become reddish. The you take 2 parts of it, 1 part pebble stones, which have been cleansed repeatedly in vinegar, rub them together, fill them into a fogged up glass retort, attach a large and well-luted collector, apply medium fire for a while day and night, and then increase the fire for a day and night, so that at first greenish-white alcohol, and after a long time, occasional red drops will appear. The fire has to be maintained until everything has passed over. The distillate is mildly rectified in the water bath so that the phlegm disappears and a heavy red oil remains at the bottom.

Medulla (cit 8, 5v.

https://www.jstor.org/st...5#page_scan_tab_contents

"Ripley’s recipe provides a reasonably detailed overview of this process: once dis-
solved in the distilled vinegar, sericon forms a gum (lead acetate), which produces a
white vapor (acetone) when distilled."

Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 12.37.13.png (76kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 14.22.48.png (364kb) downloaded 84 time(s).

B.Valentinus
#33 Posted : 11/30/2023 3:44:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mercury precipitated by Venus?? copper sulfate?

"Qvi verò ex istis metallis rubeum oleum præparare potis est, affundat illud Mercurio à Venere præcipitatum, & in cæteris uti decet procedat. Si hoc attingas neque Sol aut Luna impedimento tibi esse poterunt, divitias corrædendi."

"If you are able to prepare a red oil from these metals, let it be immersed in Mercury precipitated by Venus, and it should be used in other ways. If you achieve this, neither the Sun nor the Moon will be able to hinder you from acquiring riches"

Treatise on Metallic Medicine by Joseph Du Chesne

Chapter V Copper The Way of Extracting the Vitriol of Venus ~
"Mercury of Venus The Way of Extracting the Vitriol of Venus ~ The vitriol extracted from copper is considered by all philosophers the best of all, as much for human as for metallic bodies. The method of extraction requires that one take the best copper calcined with sulphur, or some verdigris, or good aes ustum. One or another of these three prepared coppers is put in vinegar to extract its salt and crystals. Thereafter, the vinegar is evaporated to dryness. The materia left at the bottom of the vessel is what is called the vitriol of Venus. It can be further prepared. Sometimes its oil is extracted, which is chiefly used for the precipitation of the Mercury of Venus. When the latter is precipitated, it serves as an excellent sudorific and bezoardic against all kinds of pestilences when only one or two grains are given."

http://www.rexresearch.c...VES/duchesn/duchesne.htm
Screen Shot 2023-11-30 at 16.39.19.png (172kb) downloaded 75 time(s).

SpaceTraveller
#34 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:15:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BV - no metals whatsoever in the work. I promise you. Time to pick up a hard copy of an original text by a reputable translator.

No one uses metallic mercury, copper sulphate, antimony, or lead, in the making of DMT - now, or then.

Don't go any deeper down that rabbit hole, it's madness and nonsense.

B.Valentinus
#35 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:18:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SpaceTraveller wrote:
BV - no metals whatsoever in the work. I promise you. Time to pick up a hard copy of an original text by a reputable translator.

No one uses metallic mercury, copper sulphate, antimony, or lead, in the making of DMT - now, or then.

Thanks SPACE TRAVELLER

Here to Learn

B.Valentinus
#36 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:20:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SpaceTraveller wrote:

Thanks SPACE TRAVELLER

Here to Learn

Considering the amount of time that would have passed between Zosimos and Basilus is it possible that new methods of extracting the stone were found?

SpaceTraveller
#37 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:29:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

B.Valentinus wrote:
SpaceTraveller wrote:

Thanks SPACE TRAVELLER

Here to Learn

Considering the amount of time that would have passed between Zosimos and Basilus is it possible that new methods of extracting the stone were found?

Yes. None of them involving metals. In modern times, some on this forum have used Zinc to reduce DMT N-oxide to DMT, but don't get distracted.

The names of the metals are covernames/decknamen.

Some of the manuscripts out there actually DO use metals, but have nothing to do with DMT. You need to learn how to tell the difference.

I've told you which books to get. The Theodor Abt translations of Zosimos's 2 books. Get them both. Mushaf as-Suwar and the Book of the Keys of the Work.

B.Valentinus
#38 Posted : 11/30/2023 4:51:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No worries SPACE TRAVELLER I will def get books thanks again!

Just throwing out ideas, probably prematurely, hoped to exploit the current interest in the passage and try make some progress.

Appreciate the guidance ive spent more than enough time on curing kidney stones are other dead ends.

B.Valentinus
#39 Posted : 12/1/2023 9:07:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
SpaceTraveller wrote:
Straight 100% ethyl alcohol is not an effective solvent for DMT, according to another friend of mine who I won't name here, you really need a non-polar solvent.
What do you mean by "not a good solvent"? Ethanol is an excellent solvent for isolated DMT, but using it to obtain a purified alkaloidal extract from plant material would indeed be tricky. There would be various other biomolecules that dissolve just as readily in the ethanol since it is, of course, a good general solvent.

On that note, it's not even necessary to go to the lengths of producing high proof alcohol since vodka seems to do a good job of dissolving DMT from plain bark. Tannins can be precipitated with the aid of lime, and DMT will actually freeze precipitate from vodka if you have a good enough freezer. A quick A/B cycle would clear up a good amount of the remaining impurities. Acetone would help with the final recovery of the freebase.

I do now wonder if lead acetate would be a convenient precursor for acetone via dry distillation - more convenient than calcium acetate? This is something I need to check. But it certainly produces several fractions of distillate:

I suspect the exact proportions of acetone, mesityl oxide and isophorone will depend on the reaction conditions including the purity of the lead acetate, the thermal flux of the reaction vessel, and the local air pressure. Illumination levels may also be relevant but astrological conditions beyond day/night I will leave to the individual researcher to consider Big grin

One love to hear more of your thoughts now downwardsfromzero if you get a moment

B.Valentinus
#40 Posted : 12/1/2023 6:33:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

GREEN LION/ GREEN DRAGON/ VITRIOL/

Mercury precipitated by Venus??

"If you are able to prepare a red oil from these metals, let it be immersed in Mercury precipitated by Venus, and it should be used in other ways. If you achieve this, neither the Sun nor the Moon will be able to hinder you from acquiring riches"

Oil of vitriol - Sulphuric acid???

"Basil describes this process as follows: Purified Mercury is precipitated with the blood of Venus [or green Lion], digested with our vinegar, and thus acquires a certain medicinal power. Of it"

https://webapp1.dlib.ind...xt&text1=basilius#r1

"But in order to illuminate the understanding further, let anyone who understands be certain that Vitriol is endowed with two Spirits, one white and the other red. The white spirit is white sulfur, and the red spirit is red sulfur. If you now have ears to hear, listen. Pay attention and forget nothing, for this discourse has a wide range, and each word outweighs a hundred. The white spirit is acidic, stimulating appetite, and promotes digestion in the stomach. The red Spirit is even more acidic, and in weight, prevails over the white. Therefore, it is allowed to add color to it for a longer time in its distillation. Moreover, it is also more fixed in its degree. From the white, by distillation of lunar sulfur, potable Luna (drinkable silver) can be produced. Similarly, if gold is destroyed in the common spirit of salt through distillation, and its sulfur is subtracted, and it is associated with the red spirit in its proper weight, so that it dissolves, and then, with the addition of spirit of wine and allowed to putrefy for some time, then gently digest further and distill repeatedly until nothing settles at the bottom, you can then prepare potable gold, about which many books have been written, but very few have been approved. Furthermore, consider that the red Spirit, corrected by its acrimony, must be reduced to sweetness, so that, penetrating subtly, it becomes of the sweetest taste and fragrance. I have already mentioned many things to you that I had not previously decided to do in my mind. The sweet Spirit is prepared from the sulfur of Vitriol, which equals sulfur in burning to the other before it is destroyed. For sulfur, when thoroughly examined, is the source of all wisdom. However, it is not fitting to recount its preparation here, as it is easily done and does not require much expense and labor. Just as you have been taught how to obtain burning sulfur from Vitriol, know that even though it is more convenient to obtain burning sulfur from Vitriol than in its reverberation, through the previous solution by means of salt or a solution of tartar, or a lye made from boxwood ash, this method is better. This is because the Body of Vitriol is better opened by the key of the eagle."

https://www.dhi.ac.uk/ha...m0=title_basil#highlight

Sweet oil of vitriol - Diethyl ether?

The compound may have been synthesised by either Jābir ibn Hayyān in the 8th century[37] or Ramon Llull in 1275.[37][38] It was synthesised in 1540 by Valerius Cordus, who called it "sweet oil of vitriol" (oleum dulce vitrioli)—the name reflects the fact that it is obtained by distilling a mixture of ethanol and sulfuric acid (then known as oil of vitriol)—and noted some of its medicinal properties.[37] At about the same time, Paracelsus discovered the analgesic properties of the molecule in dogs.[37] The name ether was given to the substance in 1729 by August Sigmund Frobenius.[39]
Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 19.25.23.png (649kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

PREV123NEXT