We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmala Duration Levels? Options

josboaz
#1 Posted : 11/24/2023 2:38:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey yo what's good all hope y'all doing great at your side!

Anyhow, I wanted to know the duration time of the different levels of Harmala.

A while back I saw a table/graph on Wiki or psychowiki with the terms 'onset' 'peak' 'plateau' and 'offset' and those four terms got time durations next to them. I rechecked both sites again and I could not find the relevant information.

Just to clarify I'm only interested in information about Harmala brews, not Harmala alkaloids or other forms of route-of-administration (ROA). With Harmala brew I'm referring to the process of cooking the Harmala seeds in boiling water, I'm not speaking of pouring hot water on the seeds, that is considered Harmala tea in my point of view. Furthermore, I need to address that I will take the Harmala brew orally, that would mean I drink the brew and do not take it sub-lingually.

Typically when I make a brew I will use 1.05oz+/30gr+ seeds and place that in a pressure cooker (PC) with 30oz/900ml water and let it cook for 30min. And manually cook it down to around 7.77oz/230ml concentrated liquid. Then I would take a small or regular-sized sip and place my phone on a 55-minute timer and after that time I will check how I’m feeling, if needed I can opt to re-dose. However, right now I just wanted to know the relevant data to know when the plateau takes place so that I can adjust my phone timer to that time frame Smile

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I take Harmala, I only take Harmala and do not mix it with Mushrooms, DMT etc...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 11/24/2023 5:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting question, have been asking myself the same thing...

Sadly it is unknown, because harmalas are unique compounds.

They are not classically psychoactive but if you take a lot of them it will produce a reaction. It becomes quite toxic at 3mg per kg, but it's usually not life threatening.

I can only speak from experience.

In common doses (1-3gr rue seeds) on their own they are not really "felt", so a timeline is impossible to figure out.

The same common dose is more than enough to activate DMT.

After the DMT kicks in, it lasts a total of 3-4 hours.

If you spread your DMT dose within a hour and a half, every sip will be activated.

If you want it to work hard and fast, take the harmalas, wait 20 minutes, and do a strong dose of DMT.

If you are looking for a more long lasting but more mellow experience split the dose in two. One 20 minutes later, the other at the 50min mark.

I have seen in other people that it kicked in full power 2 hours after drinking the harmalas, but personally no experience. That might not work for everyone.

If you take cannabis later in the day, it might potentiate it a bit but that is also unknown as cannabis is a potent drug on its own.

To be safe, avoid hard drugs and pharmaceuticals on the same day, or better yet avoid them completely (MDMA included).

I hope this answers your question, sadly nothing about harmalas is simple and straightforward.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 11/24/2023 11:52:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ime, there's like one or two initial waves as Harmalas are kicking in, where i'll feel a slight something around say 30 minutes in, and then around 45 minutes in the first true wave hits that lets me know it's kicking in, and then around an hour and a half in things start ramping up and then 2 full hours in the Harmalas stabilize and peak, so all in all the come up for me truly starts around 45 minutes after taking Harmalas and then ramps up around an hour and a half in and they're fully kicked in by two hours.

As for the duration, it depends on dosage, usually a lighter dose can last about 6 hours, a moderate to high dose can last about 8 hours, as the dosage increases it can stretch out to 10 to 12 hours but i'm usually pretty much back down around hour 8 to 10. Overall it seems about 4 to 5 hours into the Harmalas the Harmaline and Harmine will metabolize into Harmolol and Harmol, i think.

The CYP2D6 and CYP1A2 inhibition of Harmalas also moves around depending on the Harmala dosage, so as the dosage increases and/or the duration lengthens/stretches out, the CYP inhibition will move upwards according to dosage, so say i get potent CYP1A2 inhibition at hour 6 with a light to moderate dosage of Harmalas, as the Harmala dosage increases or gets stronger due to the reverse tolerance, the CYP1A2 inhibition will stop potentiating CYP1A2 substrates at hour 6 but will instead then move up to around hour 8 where the CYP inhibition and resulting potentiation will be potent and noticeable again.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 11/25/2023 12:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The longest ayahuasca (as in caapi+DMT) experience i've ever had took over six hours. When you take a dose, júst enough to activate a DMT admixture, then it will normally last for somewhere around four hours.

But i've had some rue tea, not that long ago, that lasted for seventeen hours. I don't know if full MAO inhibition would also have lasted that long because it was just rue tea without any admixtures.

In my experience (with caapi anyway) the full MAO inhibition tends to end quite abrubtly. The duration of the effects of rue or caapi is very dependant on how much you take.

josboaz
#5 Posted : 11/25/2023 4:54:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Ime, there's like one or two initial waves as Harmalas are kicking in

Yeah, I forgot to mention I only take Harmala and do not use it in combination with other plants, like most people that take Harmala use it for. I like the isolated effects of Harmala, the not-so-invasive trip. Recently I began to mix it with pure cacao just to alleviate the taste of Harmala. But I do find it similar to mixing it with Lemon Balm, that it dampens the effects of Harmala. I believe that I read a bunch of posts from you, that you also take Harmala as a stand-alone herb.

Jees
#6 Posted : 12/9/2023 5:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
...In my experience (with caapi anyway) the full MAO inhibition tends to end quite abrubtly. The duration of the effects of rue or caapi is very dependant on how much you take.
I can relate to that. Sessions with harmine extract are more clean (less stoney harmaline effect) and very steep come down.