We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
About me Options

martinyves
#1 Posted : 11/18/2023 5:04:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

I'm a 60-year-old male living in the Orkney Islands, Scotland. I have smoked DMT a dozen times and am perplexed, to say the least about the experience. First of all, I would say that it is indescribable. Why do I have this experience? I have taken LSD on many occasions and kinda understand what is happening. (neurotransmitters, etc.) But DMT? WOW!

Firstly, I always have the same trip. Like I say, it's impossible to describe. Sound disappears and I'm in. (I'm only aware that sound disappears because when it returns I know I'm coming back) ( Birds tweeting, etc.)

I have many questions to ask others about the trip, but would like to start with one at a time.

So, do you always have the same trip?

Cheers
Martinyves

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

UnSaNiTy
#2 Posted : 11/19/2023 2:41:53 AM

. * 🛸. * .🌙 * . * * * ☄️. * * . 🌍* . . * 💫 * . * . . *. ✨ * . * 🌑 . * ☄️ * . * 🌕 . * . * . * . *. * *

My journeys into hyperspace have all been unique in every way. I found it interesting that you have a repeating experience. Please do tell.

I understand about the sound disappearing and coming back. I like to play music and I found sometimes it doesn't disappear but transforms into something unrecognizable and when reality starts coming back the music suddenly is familiar. The sound wasn't turned off, it was just changed so much I didn't understand what music was, or what I was, or what anything was. Instant alien planet.
'There is an area of the mind that could be called unsane, beyond sanity, and yet not insane. Think of a circle with a fine split in it. At one end there's insanity. You go around the circle to sanity, and on the other end of the circle, close to insanity, but not insanity, is unsanity.' -Sidney Cohen

martinyves
#3 Posted : 11/19/2023 11:20:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I always return to the same space. Like I'm inside a 'DMT' bubble. I do get the impression that this space is inside my brain. I'm not even sure if I can use the pronoun 'I'. There is this space which is now becoming familiar. There is this entity, some kind of presence. Again impossible to describe. There is this welcoming presence. Slightly indifferent. There is also some kind of time, like moment to moment. Like a pulse. A sense of separation between brain hemispheres. A twitch in the left or right hand. I could go on....

So, here is another observation.

On coming back, when looking at my skin, my hands, the skin is semi-opaque, like a thick semi-opaque skin. Like an AquaGaurd glove. The floor is similar, there is a thick semi-opaque layer covering the floor.

I must try music on my next trip.
martinyves attached the following image(s):
71+r1hH1y6L._SL1500_.jpg (86kb) downloaded 17 time(s).

Pandora
#4 Posted : 11/19/2023 2:41:24 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

martinyves,

Welcome to the Nexus.

DMT is endlessly fascinating, but for all the questions it may or may not answer, it almost universally opens up new questions and mysteries for us users. I as a 55 year old woman really like that. I came to DMT almost 15 years ago and wow there was NO mystery in my life at that point. Reality these days is even more balls to the wall without any mystery at all.

And then there is DMT . . . .

Oh my, what a GIFT the molecule is. What, why, how, who, where? These are DMT questions. Science is slowly whittling away at the edges and we psychonauts do our best to "map hyperspace" with trip reports and sharing our experiences. As far as I can tell hyperspace is infinite and full of familiar and excessively alien flaura and fauna.

I have done a LOT of DMT. Every single time I dose the molecule I have a unique and singular experience. I have never had the same trip. And yet . . . once I get above a certain dose and wind up in a landscape or breakthrough or whatever, I get a very strong and palpable sense of deja vu.

DMT mysteries! Is the deja vu simply a section of my brain getting flooded with the molecule OR is it due to state specific memory - had I been there before and forgotten it until I returned intoxicated on DMT? Talk about twisting the mental noodle. Oh my, do I LOVE DMT.

Yeah a stiff dose of DMT makes skin more tanslucent. I have looked through my skin to the veins, muscles and bones underneath. I have watched my arm age, decay and turn to bone on DMT.

For sure, I would recommend trying music. For me music drives my trip synaesthetically. It's a fantastic effect. I strongly recommend Shpongle as a starting point.

I look forward to seeing you around and again warmly welcome you to our little family, Very happy.

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU