We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Awesome drill bit Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 11/17/2023 5:37:38 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I didn't know this, but by happenstance I started using a new drill bet and it leaves a very clean edge on the jars for mycelium growth.

The outer edge of the drill bit is raised making a super clean cut in the lid.

This is probably already known, but sharing since I wish I had know this years ago. It may help someone else. Cheers.

Loveall attached the following image(s):
20231117_123346.jpg (3,479kb) downloaded 79 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 11/17/2023 6:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Is there a name for this kind of bit?

Thank you for sharing. I want to cut cleaner holes in my jar lids and bins as well.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Homo Trypens
#3 Posted : 11/17/2023 7:57:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Looks like a regular wood bit to me. Next time i need to drill holes in a jar lid, i'll try those - i been using bits intended for metal, which don't make such clean holes for me.

They're not even necessarily expensive!
https://www.galaxus.ch/e...drill-bit-insert-8424463

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/17/2023 10:03:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's a bit of a shame to ruin a wood drill bit. To get clean holes in sheet metal, a step drill (Stufenbohrer Wink ) is helpful. For a smoother finish, be sure to clamp a bit of scrap wood firmly to the underside of the workpiece with thin metal lids like that, to guard against flexing.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

rkba
#5 Posted : 11/17/2023 11:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everybody that has an electric drill needs a step-drill bit. Thumbs up

Loveall
#6 Posted : 11/18/2023 1:08:56 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Is there a name for this kind of bit?

Thank you for sharing. I want to cut cleaner holes in my jar lids and bins as well.

One love

Brad point bit, but as others have pointed out it is designed for wood and could wear out (which I did not know). I love the holes and I've made 40 today without issues.

The step drill bit DFZ points too could be better. I'm gonna try that, especially for my next monotub.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 11/18/2023 4:27:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

For big holes in plastic (or whatever, really - you just need to match the blade type to the material), you probably know of a hole saw but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli