We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Pharmacological Interaction of Compounds in Ayahuasca: A Systematic Review Options

murklan
#1 Posted : 11/11/2023 8:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/12/2023 1:29:46 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The chacruna.net website is a bit irritating if you don't block the social media overlays, so here's the reference:
Ruffell, S., Netzband, N., Bird, C., Young, A. H., & Juruena, M. F. (2020). The pharmacological interaction of compounds in ayahuasca: a systematic review. Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry, 42, 646-656. DOI:10.1590/1516-4446-2020-0884

and the download link that was provided:
https://www.scielo.br/j/.../?format=pdf&lang=en

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

murklan
#3 Posted : 11/12/2023 9:39:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
I always use an ad-block so I 'miss' those parts.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/12/2023 6:52:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

murklan wrote:
Thanks!
I always use an ad-block so I 'miss' those parts.

Even with an adblocker, there were social media links floating in front of stuff and a Patreon button jiggling around - I'll have to have a look at my settings or find a better plugin!

Thanks for the link to the interesting review though; it seems to summarise the pharmacology and interactions within aya brews rather than with other medicines or drugs.

What I found to be particularly intriguing was the studies (McIlhenny et al. 2011,2012 and Riba et al. 2012) where DMT was found to be present in the blood of ayahuasca drinkers overwhelmingly in the form of the N-oxide and scarcely any as 'plain' DMT. My speculation is that this may partially explain why oral DMT is less potent than via the vaporisation/inhalation route. It also leads inexorably to the idea of testing this hypothesis by combining oral DMT-NO with MAOI.

McIlhenny EH, Riba J, Barbanoj MJ, Strassman R, Barker SA.
Methodology for and the determination of the major constituents and
metabolites of the Amazonian botanical medicine ayahuasca in
human urine. Biomed Chromatogr. 2011;25:970-84.

McIlhenny EH, Riba J, Barbanoj MJ, Strassman R, Barker SA.
Methodology for determining major constituents of ayahuasca and
their metabolites in blood. Biomed Chromatogr. 2012;26:301-13.

Riba J, McIlhenny EH, Valle M, Bouso JC, Barker SA. Metabolism
and disposition of N, N-dimethyltryptamine and harmala alkaloids
after oral administration of ayahuasca. Drug Test Anal. 2012;4:610-6.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

murklan
#5 Posted : 11/12/2023 10:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read bits about DMT-NO but nothing about it regarding ayahuasca. Interesting.

I also likes the lists for giving a overview of studies made on ayahuasca.