We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Long Covid, Serotonin, and Memory Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 11/7/2023 1:05:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I found this study extremely interesting, especially considering what some of my recent experience has been with my own cognition.

Simply, it's been noticed that long covid is stored in the gut in what is known as a viral reservoir. Interferons are released by the body to fight the intruder which increases inflammation. This inflammation prevents tryptophan from being absorbed into the gut. When tryptophan is prevented from absorption, serotonin becomes depleted which disrupts the vagus nerve. This depletion also impacts memory, focus, sleep, digestion, among other functions.

Is this a contributing reason to why I felt so different after the equinox heart-opening ceremony? I did a fair amount of phenethylamines; MDA, MDMA, 2-CB.

Could certain phenethylamines be helpful in treating some of the effects of long covid?

Would some supplement like 5-HTP be helpful?

I have more 2-CB... and maybe I'll explore 5-HTP again.

Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phenethylamine23
#2 Posted : 11/7/2023 1:19:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it really long covid or long term health impacts of the jabs.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 11/7/2023 2:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phenethylamine23 wrote:

We can speculate all we like about the safety of vaccines.

Or we can take note of what was observed in the article such as:

Quote:
The researchers determined that a subset of patients with long COVID had traces of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in their stool samples even months after acute COVID-19 infection, which suggests that components of the virus remain in the gut of some patients long after infection.

That said, would you like to add anything valuable relative to the content of the article or what I said after sharing the link? Or just incite divisive debate about Covid?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 11/7/2023 4:02:28 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I'm curious now if MDA and MDMA cause neurotransmitter dumps in the gut the same way they do in the brain, I suspect 2C-B may have some anti-inflammatory properties, it looks like 2C-H does.

I'm curious if 5-HTP would run into the same uptake issues that tryptophan does due to the inflammation.

It's possible taking other anti-inflammatory compounds like harmalas could help ease the inflammation with the added benefit of allowing more serotonin availability due to MAO inhibition.

This is an interesting avenue of research. Thanks for posting. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 11/7/2023 10:27:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The article does not explicitly say that there is a statistically relevant difference between the occurrence of the virus in healthy individuals and people with long covid.

I quickly googled a bit though, and there are some articles of wich the title suggest that the microbiome in the gut affects the body's response to both the virus and vaccines.

Real scientists never recklessly jump to conclusions, at least not openly, but since i'm not a scientist i think i'm allowed to speculate a bit here:

-there seems to be a subset of pations with long covid, who's symptoms are directly linked to an unhealthy microbiome.

-could changing the diet to specifically improve these patients' microbiome in time cure this subset of long-covid patients?

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 11/7/2023 11:57:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
I'm curious now if MDA and MDMA cause neurotransmitter dumps in the gut the same way they do in the brain, I suspect 2C-B may have some anti-inflammatory properties, it looks like 2C-H does.

I'm curious if 5-HTP would run into the same uptake issues that tryptophan does due to the inflammation.

It's possible taking other anti-inflammatory compounds like harmalas could help ease the inflammation with the added benefit of allowing more serotonin availability due to MAO inhibition.

This is an interesting avenue of research. Thanks for posting. Thumbs up

I think that's a great question. If so, that could be a really helpful avenue for people to get back to baseline. However, I now wonder, as you have pointed out with 5-HTP, if there may be some inhibition of absorption of such a dump of serotonin by these molecules in the gut.

I need to make another large rue batch, but I am curious about potential benefits of Greek Mountain tea with regard to all of this.

dragonrider wrote:
The article does not explicitly say that there is a statistically relevant difference between the occurrence of the virus in healthy individuals and people with long covid.

I quickly googled a bit though, and there are some articles of wich the title suggest that the microbiome in the gut affects the body's response to both the virus and vaccines.

Real scientists never recklessly jump to conclusions, at least not openly, but since i'm not a scientist i think i'm allowed to speculate a bit here:

-there seems to be a subset of pations with long covid, who's symptoms are directly linked to an unhealthy microbiome.

-could changing the diet to specifically improve these patients' microbiome in time cure this subset of long-covid patients?

No, it does not, but that would be interesting as well, especially since I have contracted Covid five times.

It'll be interesting to see if more research is done to see how much the microbiome and gut health can store and potentially resist and eliminate the virus.

The subtle degrades I've been experiencing are obvious to me (though doesn't seem to be to anyone else, so it's hard to talk with anyone about this); memory delays, both shot and long-term which impacts my learning and functioning abilities, and even extends to trying to hold on to some of my own thoughts. I swear my hand-eye coordination has declined, evidence by my new difficulties in typing and texting. And I definitely have a hard time thinking as deeply, fluidly, and critically as I am used to. Sorry just needed to vent that as all of this is frustrating. I think that some aspects of long-covid may be contributing factors.

One love

fink
#7 Posted : 11/7/2023 12:47:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You started this mad thread and then cut down a person with a different point of view.

Please stop cutting down anyone who disagrees with the covid story you want to believe. It is unbecoming of this forum.

If free covid discussion is not allowed as clearly we keep proving then covid threads should not be allowed at all. One definite rule or no rules, I dont care. But not this inequality.

Get a grip. This thread describes taking molly to help with covid. Seriously. We are not scientists. We are drug users on a shady backstreet of the interwebs.

I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 11/7/2023 12:58:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:
You started this mad thread and then cut down a person with a different point of view.

Please stop cutting down anyone who disagrees with the covid story you want to believe. It is unbecoming of this forum.

If free covid discussion is not allowed as clearly we keep proving then covid threads should not be allowed at all. One definite rule or no rules, I dont care. But not this inequality.

Get a grip. This thread describes taking molly to help with covid. Seriously. We are not scientists. We are drug users on a shady backstreet of the interwebs.

Check yourself. They added no value or opinion. Just dissent.

Pay attention. I was very direct in why I cut them down. Feel free to disagree, that's fine, but don't just add supposition to stir dissent.

It's also not a thread debating about whether theze effects are from long covid or vaccines, so their comment was off-topic anyway.

And since the article talks about issues with how serotonin behaves in the body the connection to certain phenethylamines is reasonable, so your last observation means nothing and only reflects the connotations you subjectively hold. Wasn't aware I needed to be a scientist to want to hold such discussions in a direct and focused way.

You jumped to a lot of conclusions there.

If what I did by directing the conversation was so bad and poor reflection of the forum, then the two mods who had productive and focused responses relative to the article would've checked me on it, but they didn't, so neither do you, regardless of where your beliefs lie with regard to covid.

And I don't care if I sound callous. When I wanted to share this thread I knew this stupid shit would happen. It's not a thread about belief relative to the ontological nature of the virus, so if you don't think the virus was real, or think that vaccines are bad, or whatever then this thread isn't for you. You're not obligated to say anything. Know your audience pick your battles.

One love

Edit: ai just reread my response to them... you need to chill. I didn't cut them down and I wasn't harsh.

fink
#9 Posted : 11/7/2023 3:11:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Void you are missing the point.

The nexus rules about discussing any alternate reality regarding covid are extremely restrictive to those who do not follow the mainstream pantomime.

Just by you bringing this topic up you are actively rubbing it some people's faces. That you are allowed to talk about the way you see it. But others are not allowed to talk about the way they see it.

It is wrong to manage the forum like this. This is a haven away from the real world where mind control and censorship are the norm.

I know you don't see it nor understand. But it really hurts some of us to have to swallow the same censorship in our little haven. Try to find some empathy instead of disdain for those you think are foolish for what they believe. Whatever we believe we are still One.

Either covid is a free subject or it's a banned subject. Make that choice. But not half and half.

With love.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 11/7/2023 3:19:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Missing the point? Not seeing and understanding? Sounds like projection.

I called them out for being off-topic. Their response wasn't productive. That's the point. They can disagree with whatever they want, but a thread that I start is within my scope to keep focused how I see fit.

If one disagrees, then they don't need to respond to the thread. Shit, they don't even need to open it.

And I didn't show disdain. I'm allowed to be annoyed, because regardless if the topic is about these effects coming from long covid or vaccines doesn't matter. It's about a phenand current experience that people are having.

However, the real reason you responded was because your feelings got hurt. I rubbed nothing in anyone else's face. Sorry my post hurt your feelings.

And people were curbed on this topic in the past based on what the mod team felt was dangerous rhetoric at the time in the moment.

And everything is connected, even the real world to the haven.

One love

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 11/7/2023 3:26:33 PM

Dreamoar

Locking it up.

Off topic back and forth is off topic.

The official stance of the forum is not to allow politically divisive topics, but if you insist on going there, please feel free to start a thread in the through the looking glass section, which I'll probably also have to shut down pretty quickly.

This is the science section and it's a discussion on a published paper. It is on topic to discuss the research, this is not the correct place to engage in debate about vaccines or even meta discussions on the topic of covid discussion in general.

It really is unfortunate that you can't even mention the disease without it spiraling into unproductive politics, but I guess that's just the world we live in now.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 11/8/2023 2:55:18 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well I got as far as looking into ACE2 receptors' rôle in regulation of inflammation, but these two "aces" got the thread shut down before I could post so please think to regulate your inflammatory responses and avoid wasting people's time.

Thank you.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 11/8/2023 3:14:59 PM

Dreamoar

Opening it up.

Hopefully folks have had a chance to cool down and we can keep the discussion on topic moving forward.

I want to remind everyone that The DMT Nexus is not a democracy. We are in Trav's house and there is no place in it for inflammatory politics. There are soooo many other platforms filled with people more than willing to die on the hills of the covid battle, here is not the place.

If you don't have any input on the research presented in the paper, you are in in the wrong thread, press that back arrow and carry on.

☮️

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 11/13/2023 12:41:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the spirit of the thread that got me drinking Greek mountain tea (thanks murklan and df0) I'm curious to see how this impacts my gut and then my mind, all things in this situation considered.

One love

murklan
#15 Posted : 11/13/2023 7:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
In the spirit of the thread that got me drinking Greek mountain tea (thanks murklan and df0) I'm curious to see how this impacts my gut and then my mind, all things in this situation considered.

One love

Glad to hear that you are trying it out! I'm continuing drinking it every evening.

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 11/14/2023 1:43:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

murklan wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Glad to hear that you are trying it out! I'm continuing drinking it every evening.

Are you noticing any impacts to your quality of sleep? I recall reading something sitting it provides a slight energy boost. I've been drinking it during the day. Tastes good and feels good.

One love

murklan
#17 Posted : 11/14/2023 10:48:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
murklan wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Are you noticing any impacts to your quality of sleep? I recall reading something sitting it provides a slight energy boost. I've been drinking it during the day. Tastes good and feels good.

One love

Good question... I've almost only had it in the evening/nights. I sleep normal when I've had some cannabis but I don't know it the mountain tea makes a difference. Will try during day or mornings.

Mister_Niles
#18 Posted : 1/8/2024 2:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phenethylamine23 wrote:

I seem to remember The Nexus being a conspiracy theory free zone. I guess things have changes since I've been away.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 1/8/2024 3:28:21 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mister_Niles wrote:
Phenethylamine23 wrote:

I seem to remember The Nexus being a conspiracy theory free zone. I guess things have changes since I've been away.

This has already been addressed, please focus on the actual topic of the thread. Thanks.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

the red squirrel
#20 Posted : 1/10/2024 3:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it hasn't much to do with the Long Covid syndrome but it's worth sharing I guess Smile

One of the major symptoms of COVID-19 is the loss of smell/taste during the infection and recovery. Some experience it for days, some for weeks (or in my case a couple of months...)

I read a bit of it somewhere a few years ago during lockdown so don't quote me on it because I cannot readily find the resource again. But, there were some informal studies/experiences out there of ex-COVID-19 patients who lost their smell and ingested LSD with a temporarily restored sense of smell as the outcome. Correspondingly, after ingestion of LSD, they experienced their sense of smell again during the trip and for a few days afterwards after which it gradually disappeared (Unfortunately, I failed to self-replicate this). However, I'm not sure if there were some reliable control groups & if the renewed sense or smell was placebo or something similar...

Altogether, LSD affects serotonin levels so it could be plausible that Long Covid syndrome has something to do with serotonin levels.

May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

12NEXT