We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solvent additives (Always do an evap test) Options

Jacubey
#1 Posted : 11/3/2023 3:20:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been on hiatus for awhile due to some stuff going on in my life, but it's given me a lot of time to reflect and re-examine some of the negative aspects of my experiences with DMT.

One thing I've never been great about is confirming that my solvent is safe. I would just check the MSDS, check the forum for people using the same brand, then assume it was fine. I do not think this is sufficient to know that your solvent is safe.

I decided to re-evaluate my solvents and I found my naptha leaving behind a residue in the containers I had left it in to evaporate. I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure this means that there is something being left behind inside my dmt, and may be the culprit for some extremely unpleasant effects that I felt at the tail end of breakthrough experiences and also during prolonged sessions.

The unpleasant effects I'm talking about are
1. Brain Zaps (I'll elaborate below)
2. A dulling of the senses
3. Headache

The brain zaps feel like an electrical jolt going through my temples and a subsequent jerking of my neck muscles causing me to look to the right (perhaps left as well, but I habitually look right after laying in the position I was in). I imagine this is something like what a seizure feels like but I have no idea. Needless to say, this made me stop trying DMT for about 3 years now.

To reiterate: I'm no expert and this residue may be something benign. Maybe I smoalked dmt that didn't dry thoroughly enough and it's as simple as that.

I've ordered some frequently recommended n-heptane and I'll try again with that and see how it goes.

Kleen Strip VM&P Naptha evaporation test result attached below. The residue felt a bit sticky. Pretty similar to how the "dmt oil" I thought I had at some point. I now suspect that was probably dmt oil with the additives mixed in it
Jacubey attached the following image(s):
20231102_211605.jpg (2,083kb) downloaded 69 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phenethylamine23
#2 Posted : 11/3/2023 4:57:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I used to get brain zapps too back in the day when used to do alot of extraction experiments and handle alot of solvents, shellite, toulene, xylene ect. The zapps went away after awhile when wasn't exposed to the solvents anymore, maybe a year and a half. Hydrocarbons is what I pin point it to, and probably the additives, shellite/Naptha leaves a residue when evaporated. Yes I believe the hydrocarbons fry your brain and are neurotoxic.
Also I would often get lost driving in familure area and would take a while to realise where I am.

Jacubey
#3 Posted : 11/5/2023 12:26:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did another evap test today with some freshly acquired bestine. It leaves a ring behind as it evaporates, but there is no oily/waxy residue.