We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
What did I get myself into 😂 Options

AwesomeUsername
#21 Posted : 11/10/2023 5:42:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:
OK ... introduce yourself they said Big grin
I'm a mid 30s guy. Living in a middle-east country
being here calms my anxiety for working with lye

My main forte is mushroom growing/cultivation. Decided to try extracting spice
Read all of teks in here in past month
Bought shit ton of unnecessary lab equipment and ingredients cause I'm an impulse buyer

I was going to do cyb's max ion tek first
And I got an expensive 1000 ml separatory flask with a 5kg stand
Which most dmt teks have no use for it 🤣

Good thing is that you can resell it on eBay for pretty much the same price since it's new and not used.

From my limited experience I can still say that you don't need lab equipment at all. Regular household items will be just fine, and you probably already had everything you needed.

If you are determined to extract and making a "tea" is something you are not interested in, be sure to work clean, and you and your product will be safe.

Take care, and be smart.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Homo Trypens
#22 Posted : 11/10/2023 6:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

armin wrote:

A sep funnel, while absolutely optional, is a great thing to have whenever you need to separate two liquid phases. You just don't wanna use it as long as there's particles (like bark) in your liquids.

If you ever explore the d-limonene teks, i promise you'll be very happy that you have it Smile

armin
#23 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:03:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin
#24 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:13:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
armin wrote:
OK ... introduce yourself they said Big grin
I'm a mid 30s guy. Living in a middle-east country
being here calms my anxiety for working with lye

My main forte is mushroom growing/cultivation. Decided to try extracting spice
Read all of teks in here in past month
Bought shit ton of unnecessary lab equipment and ingredients cause I'm an impulse buyer

I was going to do cyb's max ion tek first

Good thing is that you can resell it on eBay for pretty much the same price since it's new and not used.

From my limited experience I can still say that you don't need lab equipment at all. Regular household items will be just fine, and you probably already had everything you needed.

If you are determined to extract and making a "tea" is something you are not interested in, be sure to work clean, and you and your product will be safe.

Take care, and be smart.

Don't have Ebay here Big grin But I can sell it for 60% of the price I got it
I don't need the money that much. IF it makes my work easier even a little it's worth it. I'm trying to find some use for this big 1000ml suspicious looking piece of Pyrex 🤪

armin
#25 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:14:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
armin wrote:
Guys I found a post on reddit. He used a sep funnel with max ion tek
He did exactly the thing you suggested. Filtering after acid phase.

https://www.reddit.com/r...max_ion_tek_and_results/

This is essentially standard practice in a chemistry lab so that shouldn't be too surprising.

Yes but its quit time consuming in home even if I got buchner funnels.
They got vacuum filtration device in labs. It will be easier for them

Do you think doing this will decrease yield? 🤔
Cause plant material won't mixed in lye in this method

armin
#26 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
armin wrote:

A sep funnel, while absolutely optional, is a great thing to have whenever you need to separate two liquid phases. You just don't wanna use it as long as there's particles (like bark) in your liquids.

If you ever explore the d-limonene teks, i promise you'll be very happy that you have it Smile

Thank you. I will read them know
How are they yield-wise compared to max ion tek?

Homo Trypens
#27 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:17:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Eh, in the end, there's a certain amount of alkaloids in your bark, and you want to isolate ideally all of it. All kinds of teks can achieve that, each with its own advantages and pitfalls. Whatever you do, keep everything until you have your yield - most problems can be recovered from.

If i were you, i'd just do what you originally set out to do. Then if you find it fun, read some more teks, try the ones that appeal to you.

Also consider that you might want to extract other things later on, like maybe mescaline ;=)

armin
#28 Posted : 11/11/2023 12:27:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
Eh, in the end, there's a certain amount of alkaloids in your bark, and you want to isolate ideally all of it. All kinds of teks can achieve that, each with its own advantages and pitfalls. Whatever you do, keep everything until you have your yield - most problems can be recovered from.

If i were you, i'd just do what you originally set out to do. Then if you find it fun, read some more teks, try the ones that appeal to you.

Also consider that you might want to extract other things later on, like maybe mescaline ;=)

Thank you for your great advise 🙏
Actually my first plan was Vovin tek
But after reading some comments about low yield I moved to max ion tek

Now that I think of it Mescaline is a great next project 😃
Found a good & easy A/B tek too
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...A/B_Mescaline_Extraction

armin
#29 Posted : 11/11/2023 2:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I may need to buy a vacuum pump to use with my buchner funnels 🤔
Those made in China are around 50$ here.

Fun fact: European Vacuum hand pump is 3X the price of electric/oil chinese pump

armin
#30 Posted : 11/20/2023 3:45:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:
I may need to buy a vacuum pump to use with my buchner funnels 🤔
Those made in China are around 50$ here.

Fun fact: European Vacuum hand pump is 3X the price of electric/oil chinese pump

Update: there is no need for vacuum pump if you are patient
I got a clear solution now and should start salting phase asap

New question: in max ion tek we should add 1 liter of salt water to solution. But by adding this volume you will need large vesels. Is 1 liter really nessasary? Why not just add the salt? Or maybe half the volume.

Another question: when can I post in other parts of the forum?

downwardsfromzero
#31 Posted : 11/21/2023 9:46:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

armin wrote:
[...]

There's an arcane yet semi-democratic, community-based system for deciding when new members attain full membership and the attendant posting rights. Meanwhile, besides continuing with your positive and friendly engagement in the forum, if there's a thread that catches your interest but where you don't yet have posting rights you can simply start your own thread in the Welcome Area referencing in its title the thread or area of interest (links are very helpful here). Then you can say whatever it is you would have said in the thread of interest. With a little luck you'll gain promotion and have your comments merged into the original thread (if that makes sense).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

armin
#32 Posted : 11/22/2023 6:04:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
armin wrote:
[...]

There's an arcane yet semi-democratic, community-based system for deciding when new members attain full membership and the attendant posting rights. Meanwhile, besides continuing with your positive and friendly engagement in the forum, if there's a thread that catches your interest but where you don't yet have posting rights you can simply start your own thread in the Welcome Area referencing in its title the thread or area of interest (links are very helpful here). Then you can say whatever it is you would have said in the thread of interest. With a little luck you'll gain promotion and have your comments merged into the original thread (if that makes sense).

Thank you for detailed explanation 🙏
Great suggestion. I will do this

armin
#33 Posted : 11/22/2023 6:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deleted

armin
#34 Posted : 11/28/2023 6:29:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK. I'm back. Smoked 20 mg using "the machine" last night.
Little less effects than what I expected. Next time will try 40mg.

Using the machine wasn't easy as everyone said. Some vaper escapes from the top. I used an 1 liter wine bottle. And keeping my finger on the top hole won't help cause it blocks airflow and don't let the vapor come up. Any tips?

Some notes and questions about extraction:

- I think filtering and mixing max ion tek and vovins A/B tek (with a sep funnel) will waste some dmt. I will stick to max ion next time. I'm sure bark was not depleted. Kept it in the freezer for next extraction.

- I tried the final solution on my skin to see what happens if it spills on me. Nothing happend on short term exposure. But since a little spec of dmt got into my eye when I was scraping the pyrex dish and burned my eye like hell, I'm sure the solution can blind me forever. So after the lye-water mixing step I only use safety glasses/mask and no gloves. Correct me if I'm wrong please 🙏

P.s: the rubbish cheap (for you / expensive for me) chinese-made seperatory funnel broke on me under hot tape water. Wasted 20% of dmt ... into the sink.

Sakkadelic
#35 Posted : 11/28/2023 9:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for the machine you need a small bottle, you don't want to inhale 1 liter of air before you get any dmt vapor. try a 50 ml bottle. sandwiching the dmt between herb in a bong or pipe works fine too
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

fractals4life
#36 Posted : 11/28/2023 10:58:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:
OK.

- I tried the final solution on my skin to see what happens if it spills on me. Nothing happend on short term exposure. But since a little spec of dmt got into my eye when I was scraping the pyrex dish and burned my eye like hell, I'm sure the solution can blind me forever. So after the lye-water mixing step I only use safety glasses/mask and no gloves. Correct me if I'm wrong please 🙏

I'd still use gloves if they're not going to make you more clumsy. Did you notice how slippery the base solution felt? That's the lye literally turning your skin into soap! So yeah, you can get away with a short duration small splash if you rinse quickly, but don't get careless and leave it on.

With gloves it doesn't matter if you don't notice a small splash (while burping the lid to release naptha fume pressure, for instance ) just carry on agitating then rinse your gloves after you put the container down safely.

armin
#37 Posted : 11/28/2023 11:32:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
for the machine you need a small bottle, you don't want to inhale 1 liter of air before you get any dmt vapor. try a 50 ml bottle. sandwiching the dmt between herb in a bong or pipe works fine too

Will do. I thought that I need enough space for 60mg vapor
But now I think even for 60 mg a smaller bottle would be enough

Got a beer bottle on hand 😁

armin
#38 Posted : 11/28/2023 11:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:

Learned to make the machine from this guy
Before joining the Nexus

Saw him using a 1 liter. His logic was breakthrough on one big hit
But now I see that 1 liter is Overkill.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRDuNOPYIQ

armin
#39 Posted : 11/28/2023 11:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractals4life wrote:
armin wrote:
OK.

I'd still use gloves if they're not going to make you more clumsy. Did you notice how slippery the base solution felt? That's the lye literally turning your skin into soap! So yeah, you can get away with a short duration small splash if you rinse quickly, but don't get careless and leave it on.

With gloves it doesn't matter if you don't notice a small splash (while burping the lid to release naptha fume pressure, for instance ) just carry on agitating then rinse your gloves after you put the container down safely.

Yep. I noticed the slipery feeling. Didn't know it's my skin dissolving 😅

I will try and use the gloves as much as I can. Damn lab pyrex bottles are leaking when I shake them. I put a piece of plastic bag before closing the lid + got some vinegar ready for emergency.

Sakkadelic
#40 Posted : 11/28/2023 1:07:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:

Learned to make the machine from this guy
Before joining the Nexus

Saw him using a 1 liter. His logic was breakthrough on one big hit
But now I see that 1 liter is Overkill.

i don't know it seems this guy is using the bottle to accumulate the vapor before taking it. the machine is not intended to be used in that way, it's like a DIY gvg and should be used in the same way as a gvg. here's the wiki guide on the machine https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

PREV123NEXT