We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian rue extract 25x dosage. Options

dancarr
#1 Posted : 10/21/2023 7:33:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I [have] 1 gram full spectrum Syrian rue extract 25x.
Can someone tell me the correct calculation on how to convert it to standard rue extract?

I want to take 125 mg of rue extract.
How much mg of the 25x extract should I take.

Is there a simple formula I can use?
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for you help.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/21/2023 10:02:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dancarr wrote:
I [have] 1 gram full spectrum Syrian rue extract 25x.
Can someone tell me the correct calculation on how to convert it to standard rue extract?

I want to take 125 mg of rue extract.
How much mg of the 25x extract should I take.

Is there a simple formula I can use?
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for you help.

Your question doesn't entirely make sense. Perhaps you mean you want to take the equivalent of 125mg of rue alkaloids? What would a "standard rue extract" be?

We don't know the alkaloid content of your extract but it's likely to be around 87.5% based on the ballpark 3.5% alkaloid content in harmel seed, and a 25× extract being 4% of the starting weight of the seeds.

So multiply your desired dose by eight sevenths. The worst that is likely to happen (other than it being some random misrepresented poison Razz ) is your dose will be 14% too strong, although (speaking of pointing you in the right direction) you would have a better idea of the dose if you were to extract the harmala alkaloids yourself. Starting from Syrian rue seeds, this process is both easy and cheap.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dancarr
#3 Posted : 10/24/2023 1:39:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I did order 200 grams of Syrian rue seeds. They haven't arrived yet. When they do, I will follow one of the TEKs and extract the harmala alkaloids.
That's what I was referring to as a standard extract. I guess I should have said normal or regular extract?

Yes, you are correct. I want to take the equivalent of 125mg of rue alkaloids? I ordered the 25x extract from another website and it arrived before the Syrian rue seeds.
I will follow your recommend calculation and go from there.
Thanks.

pantostao
#4 Posted : 10/24/2023 10:33:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna asume a lot, but this is how I would proceed:
Lots of people report a dose of 3g of rue seeds to be enough. A 25x extract would be 25 times more potent than the raw plant material. 3g / 25 = 120mg of extract.
Assuming the 25x label is right, 120mg of the extract would be similar to 3g seeds, and enough for most purposes.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/24/2023 4:52:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I don't know if you have any prior experience with harmala alkaloids, but you might want to try getting accustomed to and familiarised with their effects by starting low and slowly increasing the dose over the course of, perhaps, several weeks. There's a lot more to harmalas than MAOI/RIMA properties.

Pantostao's dose estimation seems broadly valid; since we apparently have to assume we're merely dealing with a straightforward alkaloid extract it would seem reasonable to dose the extract as though it was such - or, better still, dissolve it all in distilled water and precipitate the alkaloids using a base. Then you will have a known amount of alkaloids to be working with.

Another approach is to dissolve the extract in hot vinegar, add hot brine and allow to cool. This should produce some nice needle-like crystals of harmala HCl in the so-called Manske crystallisation. Both of these processes would be a good warm up for your forthcoming rue seed extraction.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli