We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for fellow Musicians, Producers, Vocalists, Beatmakers.. anything! Options

camakazi
#1 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:59:50 PM

RUN DMT

How do you all do on this fine day? Hope all is well.

Myself and a few other travelers have decided to put out a new experimental release dedicated to our love for all that is wonderful about the spice. It wont be anything too in your face.. a sort of abstract observation on our experiences with the molecule and everything we have learned from it.

It will be titled 'Ode to the Glass Spaceship'

Perhaps not a release one might play whilst traveling the realms of Hyperspace, but most definetely a release inspired by it.

I'm an experimentel vocalist along with my fellow artist Mista Bee. We have recorded various hip hop/fusion albums, EP's and tracks together, but we both want to move in a new direction with music. The thought of a big collaboration with likeminded people is somewhat tantalising to me.
We already have some producers on board, but its simply a case of "the more the merryer"

We need producers from all walks of the genres, whether it be techno, electronica, ambient, hip hop, D&B, or something totally different... we need you!

We need vocalists, singers, rappers and maybe even narrators.

Basically if you make anysort of music at all, we'd love to have you onboard for this project. It may seem like a mammoth undertaking, but its something we both have a lot of experience in putting together. It shall be a true labour of love Smile

If you're interested in putting anything forward for this just drop me a PM or reply here.

Much love!
Donnie
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

camakazi
#2 Posted : 2/25/2010 7:32:10 PM

RUN DMT

bump

dwnq
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

shoe
#3 Posted : 3/10/2010 6:58:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

www.youtube.com/user/theufomusic
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

camakazi
#4 Posted : 3/10/2010 7:34:24 PM

RUN DMT

could anyone help us out with this?

We only have one complete track so far called "tryptamine"... Sounding very soulful too Pleased, but we need more help from you guys to get it off the ground.

As soon as the ball gets rolling we can get it mixed down and released for sheer ear pleasure.

Peace
Donnie

stevowitz
#5 Posted : 3/10/2010 8:07:57 PM

The Dude

YES! I'll help you out man, I use Fruity Loops Studio 9. I've got some files of my own and have worked with other artists before. count me in!
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

camakazi
#6 Posted : 3/10/2010 8:31:16 PM

RUN DMT

most excellent dude Smile

I'll hit you up with a pm and an e mail to forward files to.

So far we have Blueskine and stevowitz from the nexus on board and we have another 3 producers and 3 more artists working away on tracks.

FAO blueskine... Mate that loop was amazing, short! but unique in every aspect. Any chance it could be looped up for 16 or 32 bars? If not I could get someone, but its your music dude so I thought I'd give the heads up.

Much obliged kind sirs.

camakazi
#7 Posted : 3/10/2010 10:40:01 PM

RUN DMT

DeMenTed has joined the revolution Smile

I just want to note that this release will be a subtle take on DMT. The track 'tryptamine' is as blatant as its gonna get.

"a sweet summer breeze on a tryptamine, oh the things I've seen. When I free my soul, I acheive my goal.. now I'm in control of my dreams"

other than that hook, its pretty much just mataphores and such.. of course we will be able to relate to and decipher them, I hope Pleased
Cheers!

damiana
#8 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:39:07 AM

Cosmic Dragon

I'm in if your interested. I'm an artist, guitar is my instrument.
PEACE

camakazi
#9 Posted : 3/11/2010 1:08:31 AM

RUN DMT

I'll take this as a sign, seen as I just finished a lovely big mug of damiana there.

Are you a solo artist? A nice acoustic would go down well on this I reckon. No ones got back to me that plays an instrument yet, so consider yourself a welcome addition to the project my friend Smile

momentum gathers... anyone else?

nodice
#10 Posted : 3/11/2010 2:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I pick on the Mandolin a bit. Smile
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

soulfood
#11 Posted : 3/11/2010 2:55:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've got a sitar and a tabla... I can't play them very well is what I say among those who are classicly trained, but in terms of being able to get a good enough sound out of them to put in a tune with the help of my trusty cubase I figure the purpose serves well enough.

I also play guitar, a little bit of dij but I mainly produce psy trance when I get the time. I've been working with that for nearly 5 years.

So a few files will always be much appreciated.

Pachanoi
#12 Posted : 3/11/2010 10:26:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow this sounds like fun!

I'd love to contribute something.. maybe some sort of track which you can stack some of those vocalisations on..

Lemme know if you're interested Smile

damiana
#13 Posted : 3/11/2010 7:47:15 PM

Cosmic Dragon

I have a band but they are to busy for this project. i could add a light acoustic sound over whatever you got. Let me know whenever, hopefully I have the software that can record me well.
PEACE