We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSA extract using oil? Options

saved
#1 Posted : 10/10/2023 10:43:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there,
Reading CWE and PanoraMIX HBWR Extract which are very different methods.
I understand that non-polar solvent (naphta in PanoraMIX) is better to extract LSA, but you need to get pure naphta (not antirust added).
What it be possible to extract LSA using cooking oil (non-polar), and simply take this oil directly?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 10/10/2023 11:29:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

saved wrote:
Hi there,
Reading CWE and PanoraMIX HBWR Extract which are very different methods.
I understand that non-polar solvent (naphta in PanoraMIX) is better to extract LSA, but you need to get pure naphta (not antirust added).
What it be possible to extract LSA using cooking oil (non-polar), and simply take this oil directly?

If the idea is not to get a purified extract, soaking the powdered seeds in vodka for hours in the fridge worked well for me
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/10/2023 9:53:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The naphtha is used for defatting the seeds, not to extract the LSA. This would very much appear to indicate that the use of cooking oil might be far from optimal.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/PanoraMIX_HBWR_Extract

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

saved
#4 Posted : 10/11/2023 3:17:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your answers!
Yes, the idea is not to get a purified extract.
I thought alcohol wasn't great intake with LSA, but I might have been wrong.
Maybe CVE (Cold Vodka Extract) in the freezer is the way.
Didn't know about defatting, I can't find naphta here.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/11/2023 8:58:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you really are in France then essence de pétroleum (or pétrole) is where you need to start looking for your naphtha equivalent. The point of "defatting" is to help produce a purer extract since many of the naphtha-soluble compounds will also dissolve in alcohol. Some of these compounds are resposible for unpleasant side-effects, e.g. gastrointestinal discomfort.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Sakkadelic
#6 Posted : 10/12/2023 12:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://m.psychonautwiki...iki/LSA_extract_tincture
Here they describe the crude extraction with alcohol. They do include a simple defating step with naphtha but I personally wouldn't feel like taking something treated with naphtha unless the final product is a purified extract.

I forgot to mention that the side effects of consuming the CVA were very heavy on me, unbearable nausea (typical for me with psychedelics).. however after about 2 hours immediately after drinking a cold lemonade all the side effects vanished instantly and the experience was pure bliss from there on.

Also after filtering the alcohol I did put the seeds material in my mouth for a bit but i did not swallow any of it. Not sure if that makes a difference in intensity or contributes to more nausea.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

saved
#7 Posted : 10/12/2023 9:57:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again for your valuable sharing of knowledge and experience!
AFAIU, the nausea cause resides in the shell of the seed, and/or the white substance underneath. But I might be wrong.
It looks like, depending on the country, naphta (kerosene) is modified with perfume and other impurities.
Not sure if "Essence C" or "Essence F" could replace it. The Essence F I have leaves a deposit on glass when evaporated.

Tomtegubbe
#8 Posted : 10/12/2023 2:14:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
https://m.psychonautwiki.org/wiki/LSA_extract_tincture
Here they describe the crude extraction with alcohol. They do include a simple defating step with naphtha but I personally wouldn't feel like taking something treated with naphtha unless the final product is a purified extract.

I forgot to mention that the side effects of consuming the CVA were very heavy on me, unbearable nausea (typical for me with psychedelics).. however after about 2 hours immediately after drinking a cold lemonade all the side effects vanished instantly and the experience was pure bliss from there on.

Also after filtering the alcohol I did put the seeds material in my mouth for a bit but i did not swallow any of it. Not sure if that makes a difference in intensity or contributes to more nausea.

If you have pure naphta it will evaporate 100 % and is safe. I have taken several times morning glory seeds that have been treated with naphta with great results. There is lot of plant material to digest but I guess my stomach is quite ok with that after so many Ayahuasca sessions 😀

One thing to look is when crushing the seeds, not to introduce too much heat that is likely to destroy LSA. That is, when using a coffee grinder or similar.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 10/12/2023 3:33:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

saved wrote:
Thanks again for your valuable sharing of knowledge and experience!
AFAIU, the nausea cause resides in the shell of the seed, and/or the white substance underneath. But I might be wrong.
It looks like, depending on the country, naphta (kerosene) is modified with perfume and other impurities.
Not sure if "Essence C" or "Essence F" could replace it. The Essence F I have leaves a deposit on glass when evaporated.

Make sure this residue isn't simply from the glass (e.g. from detergent residue) by washing the glass with a little of the essence F first and wiping with a clean paper towel. Take care also to prevent getting finger grease on the test surface.

It's unfortunate that "naphtha" (and cognate terms) can mean substantially different things in different countries. In your case it seems to be referring to lamp oil. Odourless lamp oil is available in Germany under the name "crystal Petroleum" so I expect a similar product may be available in France - except I can't say that such a product would evaporate quickly or cleanly enough.

You would need to check tho SDS and the technical specifications for the essence C and F in order to make an informed decision about which one may be better. Perhaps the C would evahorate more quickly and cleanly? I haven't time to look this up.

mdmarty
#10 Posted : 10/14/2023 2:57:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

just use alcohol you wig wam this is 100 year old chemistry dont try change it

saved
#11 Posted : 10/14/2023 11:48:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Essence F is:
"100% light naphtha. (A complex and variable combination of paraffinic and cyclic hydrocarbons having carbon numbers predominantly in the range of C
predominantly in the C7-C9 range and boiling in the range of approximately
approximately between 90°C and 165°C. Contains: 30% or more aliphatic hydrocarbons."

Essence C is:
"100% light naphtha. (A complex and variable combination of paraffinic and cyclic hydrocarbons having carbon numbers predominantly in the range of C
carbons predominantly in the C6-C7 range and boiling in the range of approximately 60°C to 102°C. Contains: 30% or more aliphatic hydrocarbons."

Which one is closest to yours @downwardsfromzero?

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 10/14/2023 2:47:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I have bit of a collection of solvents (none of which were purchased in France) Very happy

You may be better off getting hold of some essence C since the upper limit of the boiling range for essence F is a bit high. This could be responsible for the residues you've been seeing.

saved
#13 Posted : 10/14/2023 4:34:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much.
That's what I thought but needed confirmation.
I'll buy and test evaporation.