We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Decarboxylation of tryptophan to tryptamine Options

GreasyGremlin
#1 Posted : 10/7/2023 6:53:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe not a great question for FAQ -I've had a lot on my plate and haven't had time for an intro essay.

Is there a well known, safe, non-enzymatic (though petri dish spice would be very cool) decarboxylation method for tryptophan? I've done some poking, haven't found any.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Woolmer
#2 Posted : 10/7/2023 7:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 10/7/2023 10:09:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Try taking 50 to 100mgs of P5P vitamin B6 at the same time as the Tryptophan, 30 minutes to an hour after taking a dose of Harmalas for MAO-A inhibition. I've done it a few times, and while i can't say for sure that it's turning into Tryptamine, it does feel like it and it feels different compared to Tryptophan on it's own, ime. The P5P B6 should aid in DOPA Decarboxylase conversion of Tryptophan to Tryptamine, idk if it forces the conversion or if it just aids in the conversion, but it is a necessary co-factor, and i've taken the P5P B6 with L-Dopa, as well as with 5-HTP, and i do feel like i'm getting more in the way of Dopamine and Serotonin from the L-Dopa and 5-HTP with taking the B6 at the same time, vs taking L-Dopa or 5-HTP without B6 which for me at least has felt just more like L-Dopa and 5-HTP, but with the B6 it feels more like Dopamine and Serotonin. So give that a try and see what you think. I also had the thought of maybe trying to take SAM-E with the Tryptophan and B6 on top of MAO-A inhibition as well to see if the Tryptophan can turn into Tryptamine and then the Tryptamine could be methylated into N-Methyltryptamine possibly, which that in itself would be nice for me, but i wonder if it could go a step further and further methylate it into DMT, that would be cool lol. I doubt it's that easy, but just a thought.