We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
may be a weird question Options

Elpo
#1 Posted : 2/25/2010 9:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning taking cuttings off the Salvia plant.
Which part of the plant do you take it from?

Do you just cut off a sidebranch of the motherstem below the node or do you cut off a piece of the motherstem itself? And where should you exactly cut it?

I know this sounds weird as it seems more logical to just take a sidebranch of the motherstem, but i can't seem to find a specific answer to this.

Peace

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gosvami
#2 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

elpo, don't worry...just do it!

Wink

OM

Elpo
#3 Posted : 2/25/2010 3:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hehehe

Great advice, i'll think i'll go for that.
Nice pictures by the way. They look beautiful.

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

gosvami
#4 Posted : 2/26/2010 2:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

once the sally is potted make sure the roots get enough oxygen and the leaves enough light then everything will be alright.

edit:
and supervise the snails outdoor. they can swallow a whole young plant in one single night...Shocked
OM