We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dmt and Beta blockers Options

Baki21x
#1 Posted : 9/27/2023 4:38:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I have a question.
I have recently been given a beta blocker. My question is if this can have an interaction regarding dmt consumption ?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 9/28/2023 12:59:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In general there is not going to be an interaction, DMT and beta blockers primary target very different receptors. Beta blockers block adrenergic beta receptors (basically adrenaline binding sites). Whereas DMT primary binds to 5HT serotonin receptors.
The interaction would likely be a more calmer experience as adrenaline spikes won't cause the mild/ temporary increased heart rate that is associated with many psychedelics. Having said that if your beta blocker use is for a heart issue then that's a potential safety concern on its on. If its for anxiety then you should be fine or you could time your medication use and DMT use separate if appropriate to do so (if your medication use is for anxiety note if you are also taking an anti depressant then there will be an interaction with the DMT).

If you are truly worried ask the doctor for a hydophilic beta blocker like atentalol instead of a lipophilic beta blocker like propanalol. Hydophilic beta blockers won't cross the blood brain barrier readily reducing any possible interaction.

However, if you are concerned you'll cause respiratory drive issues or potential heart risks with these two drugs its extremely unlikely these two drugs would cause such issues in a healthy individual (unless you OD on beta blockers, which is generally very hard to do).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Baki21x
#3 Posted : 9/28/2023 6:19:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Danke für die ausführliche Antwort und danke für deine Zeit. Ich bekomme sie wegen leichten bluthochdruck, aber wenn ich zuhause bin oder in ruhigen Situationen ist mein Blutdruck relativ normal 130/ 80. Das Präparat heißt bisoprolol und ich bekommen 2.5 mg. Da ich eine leichte angststörung habe ist dies nicht ausgeschlossen. Können Sie mir zu dem Bisoprolol etwas sagen ?

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 9/28/2023 8:28:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe bisoprolol is both lipophilic and hydrophilic. A quick search indicates studies show it has low blood brain barrier permeability. Therefore, I doubt you would have an issue with this medication and DMT, as (I assume) you are a average healthy individual.

I doubt anyone would have a beta-blocker and DMT interaction regardless. Again if worried you could always ask to change to atentalol or another hydrophilic betablocker just to be extra cautious, but I don't believe this is warranted.

I'm surprised at 130/80 you are on it for BP but that's between you and your doctor.

You should be fine. you can always space out your time between using beta blockers and DMT but again I don't believe this is necessarily warranted.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Baki21x
#5 Posted : 9/28/2023 9:34:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Danke für die Hilfe. Ich meine das so, dass ich im bestimmten Situationen bezüglich der Angststörung einen höheren Blutdruck haben. Wenn ich nicht in diesen Situationen bin ist mein Blutdruck relativ normal. Ja, ich bin an sich ein gesunder normaler Mensch.
Ich werde meine Erfahrung teilen.
Dankeschön