We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Extraction with Q21Q21 Fluffy White Funfest and Heptane Options

canistay
#1 Posted : 9/20/2023 11:27:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow travelers, thank you for having me.

I thought I'd do a quick write-up with some pics on my first DMT extraction. I'd say it went pretty well.

I decided on Q21Q21's Fluffy White Funfest Tek but replaced the Naptha with chemically pure Heptane.

Pic attached of what I got from my first pull using the exact technique outlined below

Ingredients
^^^^^^^^^^^

100g powdered Mimosa Hostilis root bark
100ml 5% distilled white vinegar
75g Calcium Hydroxide
100ml n-Heptane
Near-boiling tap water

---

Equipment
^^^^^^^^^

*Please use high-quality glass that is able to withstand boiling hot water and extreme freezing. Original Pyrex is good. Avoid plastics and low-quality glass that could break under extreme temperatures*

1 liter glass Pyrex mixing jug
Large glass Pyrex tray (For water bath)
Small glass Pyrex tray with lid (For crystallization)
Glass pipette
Glass funnel
Cotton wool
Wooden spoon
Hot,clean, running tap water
Gas stove and pot to boil water
Freezer set at -25c (-13f)
Scalpel with fresh blades or fresh shaving blades
Small glass or plastic air-tight container for crystal storage

Procedure
^^^^^^^^^

STEP 1 : Acidification

- Put the root bark into the Pyrex jug, in this case we are using 100g of root bark

- Add 100ml distilled vinegar and mix thoroughly

- Begin to add 100ml of near-boiling tap water in roughly 25ml increments and thoroughly mix until wet, red, and clumpy

- Leave the mixture to sit for about an hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so

STEP 2 : Basification

- Begin to add 75g of Calcium Hydroxide to the mix in roughly 25g increments, mixing thoroughly until no white Calcium Hydroxide is visible and the mix has darkened

P.S as noted by Q2121, it is normal for a 'darker top' to form

- Leave the mix to sit for at least 6 to 8 hours

STEP 3 : Pulling with Heptane

**DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA, CONSIDER WEARING GLOVES AND A MASK**
**DO NOT LEAVE UNOPENED HEPTANE NEAR CHILDREN, ANIMALS OR THE UNEDUCATED**

- Ensure you have waited at least 6 to 8 hours before doing your first pull to ensure a decent first yield

- Gently pour 100ml Heptane to the Pyrex jug and onto the mix

- SLOWLY and firmly mix the Heptane into the rest of the mix, try not to whisk or be too vigorous as we do not want an emulsion to form, although Heptane appears to be quite forgiving in this context

- Make sure the Heptane has made contact with all parts of the mix. It will be quite a firm sludge at this point so you will need to take your time to ensure the Heptane thoroughly penetrates the mix WITHOUT forming an emulsion

- Place the Pyrex jug into the glass water bath tray

- Fill the tray with boiling water until it is level with the contents of the jug

- Continue to gently stir while the bark mix warms up for about 5 minutes

- Leave the jug and it's contents to sit in the hot water bath for an hour, stirring gently every 20 minutes or so

- **OPTIONAL** I decided to replace the water with freshly boiled water every 20 minutes when stirring

STEP 4 : Crystallization

- Ensure the jug and contents has sat in the hot water bath with Heptane for at least an hour

- Place the clean glass precipiation tray next to the water bath tray, we are going to carefully transfer the liquid Heptane into the precipitation tray without any of the root bark

- Place some cotton into your glass funnel and hold it over the precipitation tray

- Take your pipette with your other hand and carefully suck up the Heptane from the Pyrex jug

- Slowly squirt the Heptane out of the pipette, into the funnel to be filtered by the cotton into the precipitation tray

- Be careful not to get any bark sludge or water into your precipitation tray, you want only the Heptane

- Place the Pyrex jug in a safe, dark place, preferably covered. We will be using it again tomorrow

- Seal the precipitation tray and place it into the freezer for at least 12 hours. I did it at -25c and the results were superb

- Resist the urge to look, let the crystals do their thing in cold darkness without being disturbed

STEP 5 : HARVEST

- Ensure at least 12 hours has passed in the freezer

- Remove the precipitation tray from the freezer, take off the lid and be dazzled by the most beautiful array of crystals you've ever seen!

- Get your Pyrex jug with the root bark sludge out again

- CAREFULLY pour the excess Heptane back into the Pyrex jug containing the root bark sludge. You might want to use coffee filters in case any crystals flow with the liquid back into the sludge

- The crystals will be wet and soggy, we want to evaporate all the Heptane off and dry them

- Place the precipitation tray with the crystals against something so that it is at an angle and the remaining Heptane can run down and pool at the bottom of the precipitation tray*

*DO THIS IN A WELL VENITLATED AREA THAT IS NOT HOT, NO DIRECT SUNLIGHT AS THIS WILL MELT THE CRYSTALS. AGAIN PLEASE KEEP THIS IN A SAFE PLACE WHERE NO CHILDREN, ANIMALS OR THE UNEDUCATED CAN GET NEAR IT OR EVEN BREATH IN THE FUMES*

- Once a few hours has passed and the crystals are now well defined and dry, carefully pour out any remaining Heptane from the precipitation tray back into the Pyrex jug

- Place the precipitation tray with the dry crystals on a clean, flat surface and carefully start scraping the crystals up into a pile using your scalpel or razor blades*

*BE GENTLE BECAUSE YOU DO NOT WANT ANY GLASS SHAVINGS OR BLADE SHAVINGS TO BE IN YOUR CRYSTALS! GO SLOWLY, BE CAREFUL AND MONITOR CLOSELY. ALSO, DON'T CUT YOURSELF!*

- Once you've scraped up as much of the crystals as you can, carefully use your scalpel or blade to transfer the crystals into a clean, air-tight container and keep it in a cool, dry, preferably dark place.

---

Well done! Enjoy the Fluffy White Funfest! You can continue to repeat the pull to get more of the DMT out. In the original Tek, a second pull is recommended at 24 hours after the first, the third 48 hours after the first and the final pull 1 week after the first.

canistay attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,661kb) downloaded 87 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

merkin
#2 Posted : 9/20/2023 12:06:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful white crunchy crystals there canistay 👌

So I never noticed before, this Q21Q21 tek is where the Gordotek-tek originates?

Explorer2023 wrote:
When they say the root bark is it legit the bark from the roots of the plant?

Yup, legit. And even then, INNER root bark.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 9/20/2023 12:56:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Explorer2023 wrote:
merkin wrote:
Yup, legit. And even then, INNER root bark.

Ah sweet thanks.

But wait how you get the roots of the tree, have to chop it down and up root it?
Seems pretty laborious and unsustainable.

Good point; this is why the Nexus has been concentrating on developing Acacia phyllode and Phalaris teks, as well as encouraging interested parties to grow their own source plants wherever possible.

While it is still possible to obtain some amount of roots by digging next to a Mimosa tree there is evidence that this has been happening unsustainably. We have at least one thread on the forum covering this exact issue.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Homo Trypens
#4 Posted : 9/20/2023 1:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Explorer2023 wrote:

But wait how you get the roots of the tree, have to chop it down and up root it?
Seems pretty laborious and unsustainable.

I think the traditional way of harvesting Jurema (Mimosa hostilis) root bark is to dig along one of the horizontal main roots, then peel bark from that exposed root. I'd guess they peel a strip along, not around the root, so they don't cut the entire root off from the tree. They might also have some sort of treatment to help heal the wound, or at least scar without an infection.

Nowadays i guess they grow large amounts of mimosa for wood and fodder, and commercial MHRB will mostly be from trees that were killed.