We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can you use a reagent on plant material for quantative amounts? Options

modern
#1 Posted : 9/13/2023 6:25:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can a crude water extract that was dried be used as a quantitative visual measure of alkaloid content in a plant? The reactive time or color or something? I don't know how they work so maybe I'm completely off.

Example. Marquis reagent placed on a 5 gram sample of water extract of cactus vs another same sized sample with the same process... The one that reacts quicker or brighter color has more mescaline content?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 9/13/2023 7:33:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is relevant:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=76926
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

modern
#3 Posted : 9/13/2023 9:58:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:

Thanks yea I remember that thread but it was a bit more involved and required TLC work for the spot comparison. I was wondering if an even more crude method using the 'whole' extract would react rather than a mini extraction and TLC spot. TLC paper is outrageously expensive here in Brasil for some reason and importing now means 100% import tax.